Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Falls Church Auto Show 2012

Old 05-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Eat A Dick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff
Default Re: Falls Church Auto Show 2012

Originally Posted by BeefCake
you do realize it's really not hard to set up a meet/show with a good showing and large turnout? lil planning, lil propaganda and you're done. look at the gmu and umd meet.
GMU and UMD are a completely different level, with prizes, dyno, actual car show, and vendors. This is a high school and lots of kids will come with their ebay'd cars.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 AM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

This is set up by the school's auto tech program. If you're really gonna whine about the scope and size of the meet...then you are a fucking retard.

Last time I went to this it was actually pretty decent. Only a few HS kids cars. Mostly older dudes from the area. Bunch of really nice classics.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 AM
stupidity, no limits

thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam thenameskam

Ebay'd out cars? Count me in.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Originally Posted by Junon
Really? I'm sure you're speaking from your own extensive knowledge and experience of planning and hosting car meets.
FYI Mike was the guy who got the big meets @ FFX Town Center started back in the day.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Bath salt trippin'

Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon Junon

Arguable. That place was already a hotspot for several meets back in the day. I found out about it from the 240 heads back when it was pretty much strictly 240s, a cressida, an old rolla or two. Towncenter meets were generally several types of cars that met on different days. IIRC, megameets were the ones that started to do the collab and got the garage packed, took the time to get permission from the prop manager, invited vendors, prizes, etc.

The only meet I've seen Mike organize was the papa johns meets in falls church back in the days. AND OMG THEY WERE SOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN THE FCHS SHOWS WITH A MUCH HIGHER STANDARD OF CARS.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

I remember rolling out there before the "mega meet" guys were involved and the entire garage was packed. Pretty sure that was mostly because of Mike back when he had the Corolla.

either way, I'm a GCM guy so I wouldn't be caught dead at FCHS :P. I'll be at Springfest anyway.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

Our GMU meet had planning behind it foolio
Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

the townecenter meets were actually VW meets at first, not some drifter fag thing.....the first 1 was at wal mart n then moved them to townecenter since the property manager there said it was ok.

megameet had nothing to do with there, that was before their time. actually i spoke with the property manager for there.

regardless I don't really give a fuck and have no interest wasting my time and going out of my way to attend any car shows or meets anymore, grown out of that shit.

Last edited by BeefCake; 05-04-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by BeefCake
uhh ff town center?
What of it?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
What of it?
didn't get my ninja edit in fast enough, added my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Falls Church Auto Show 2012