Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Coming to the McLean/Arlington area next year, need some help/guidance

Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Flesh Into Gear.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa
Default Coming to the McLean/Arlington area next year, need some help/guidance

My fiance is taking a job in McLean. Where the fuck should we live? I would like to rent a house/townhouse/condo in a decent neighborhood without breaking the bank, but I have no clue where said neighborhood is. She was told the McLean and Arlington areas didn't have as high cost of living.

It's going to be around the August time frame, so we have time to weigh options and possibly drive up to look at some places.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM
Default Re: Coming to the McLean/Arlington area next year, need some help/guidance

Originally Posted by kanadaa
She was told the McLean and Arlington areas didn't have as high cost of living.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited
Default Re: Coming to the McLean/Arlington area next year, need some help/guidance

Originally Posted by POS DSM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I can tell you right now.

The cheapest area to live in around that area is Manassas, Woodbridge, Dale City, Lorton
Old 11-15-2012, 08:04 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Tell your fiance to find a job somewhere else. this place sucks.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
Old 11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Jive Turkey

Originally Posted by eXploited
I can tell you right now.

The cheapest area to live in around that area is Manassas, Woodbridge, Dale City, Lorton
Commuting to arlington from any of those places is balls
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

hope you're making 100k plus if you plan on living anywhere decent near Mclean.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by POS DSM
Commuting to arlington from any of those places is balls
Not really.. I live in Woodbridge and commute to D.C. everyday and its easy as shit.

From my front door to my desk takes 59 minutes.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Flesh Into Gear.

kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa

Yeah, I heard wrong when she said the cost of living was lower. Woodbridge and Manassas are looking like that's the way to go.

Anyone know someone trying to rent a house/townhouse? Or know of any nice and reputable apartments?
Old 11-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Looking at around $2K/mo (at least) to rent a 2br in McLean area. Hope the fiance's job pays well. I live in Herndon (12 miles west of McLean) and in a decent area, it's around $1500/mo for a 1br. I work in McLean.

Quick Reply: Coming to the McLean/Arlington area next year, need some help/guidance