Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Comedy Club

Old 04-10-2008, 10:00 AM
1.6L Elitist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Comedy Club

Originally Posted by Kino
dang u serious?... wtf, damn it lol aight i'll check out dc improv. ya'll know if there is are pre-events before the show.. like food and live music or somethin?
The food is pretty much crap and there is no room to eat it. You will be bunked up at a table with random strangers crammed in a room. People on here mostly are shouting "improv!" because its all they know in the area. There is tons of other places around that are local.

The one benefit of the ComedyZone in Alexandria, is that its hosted at "Floyd's" which provides an awesome menu and live jazz music up until the show. The problem is, the comedy itself sucks.
Link: http://thecrankstore.homestead.com/T...FQ1THgodVHzPDA

If you lived near tysons, I'd recommend trying Wiseacres Comedy Club. It is in the Best Western. The tickets are only 10-15 bucks, and its a good bang for the buck without having to sit on top of someone for an hour.
Link: http://www.wiseacrescomedyclub.com/

The best all around comedy place I've been to in the area, is Arlington Drafthouse. Mid to high end names, good seating arrangements. I've seen Doug Stanhope here as well as Upright Citizens Brigade, and I will be seeing Jeanine Garaphalo (sp).

Link: http://www.arlingtondrafthouse.com/d...px?page=comedy
Old 04-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

Kino has disabled reputation

Thanks man, good info.. ya i was leary bout dc improv.

i really wanted to go drafthouse but they sold out like crazy since it's jeanine garofolo.

looking at wiseacres but I dunno about the comedian... Adam Dodd. Is he good? I don't know if I'm his crowd but i'll def read up on him since I havne't heard of him.

So I was aslo checking out comedyzone but all i hear from people is that comedy isn't all that good. I liked the live jazz and food thing but if the comedy really really is sh!tty then I don't know.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

Kino has disabled reputation

haha nevermind, I have heard of him.. the name just didn't stick.