Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Comedy Club

Old 04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kino has disabled reputation
Default Comedy Club

Any good comedy clubs around the area?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:24 PM
back in a coupe.

MGXhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Comedy Club

improv in DC.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 PM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

I am a huge comedy nut:

I would recommend Improv (expensive though)
Wiseacres in Tysons (low end comedians, but cheaper and still funny)
Arlington Drafthouse has GOOD acts come through
Old 04-09-2008, 10:45 AM

NVMX-5 has disabled reputation

yes wiseacres is amazing i go with my girlfriend all the time.. i'm usually the guy in the front row. you should check it out it's $15 but worth the money. BE ADVISED the first two comics aren't all that great
Old 04-09-2008, 11:08 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NVMX-5
yes wiseacres is amazing i go with my girlfriend all the time.. i'm usually the guy in the front row. you should check it out it's $15 but worth the money. BE ADVISED the first two comics aren't all that great
Yes, in retrospect 15 dollars is considerably cheaper then the improv or a stand up show at warner. My tickets for Colin Machare (sp?) were something like 115.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Thanks peeople. Have ya'll checked out Comedy Zone in Alexandria yet? might be hittin that up
Old 04-10-2008, 03:58 AM
1.6L Elitist

Originally Posted by Kino
Thanks peeople. Have ya'll checked out Comedy Zone in Alexandria yet? might be hittin that up
Its garbage. I know the owners, nice people but the acts that come through there are terrible.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:03 AM
Breeding golddiggers

Fuzion is on a distinguished road

damn, this is something to do that i didnt even think about.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 AM
That's not gone well

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

DC Improv!

Though usually the BIG names come thru Warner, Constitution Hall, and even Verizon center sometimes (if you can stomach Dane Cook).
Old 04-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
Its garbage. I know the owners, nice people but the acts that come through there are terrible.
dang u serious?... wtf, damn it lol aight i'll check out dc improv. ya'll know if there is are pre-events before the show.. like food and live music or somethin?

Quick Reply: Comedy Club