Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Can anyone help me hardwire my V1 ASAP!!!

Old 10-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Missin' the LBG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NikkaLB23 has disabled reputation
Default Can anyone help me hardwire my V1 ASAP!!!

As the title states, I need someone in the NOVA area to help me with this. I need a my v1 hardwired along with my concealed display. Before anyone gives me a hard time yes I used the search button and yes I talk to some people got a backup plan but its somewhat of an inconvenience on my part because I have no time to go to Richmond. So I need someone to help me ASAP. PM ME PLZ!!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:30 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Can anyone help me hardwire my V1 ASAP!!!

Too bad you didn't use the search button on Virginia's laws to know that it's illegal.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

I'm pretty sure that the user knows that it's illegal, hence the concealed display.

I wish I was in NOVA to help you out. I <3 my V1.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Missin' the LBG

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Too bad you didn't use the search button on Virginia's laws to know that it's illegal.
What isn't illegal in VA plus I live two miles away from MD so if I need anything I go to MD ALOT.

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
I'm pretty sure that the user knows that it's illegal, hence the concealed display.

I wish I was in NOVA to help you out. I <3 my V1.
Where are you located because the giuy I met here says he'll do it for $100 anytime before friday but it just doesnt fit my schedule I am going down toward 757 this friday after this one and if you want tell me where your at and we can see what we can work out. Im going to ODU next weekend.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:14 PM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

I might be able to help but it wouldn't be until next week sometime. Good choice on the V1, I've had mine for 5 years now and have to say its the best mod I have ever done, not to mention it owns every RD at laser detection (which is your biggest threat in NOVA).

Btw, Getting caught in VA with an RD is just a fine. You don't have to go to court or anything. Its $96 fine w/court costs the same as a tint or exhaust ticket.

Last edited by Turbobrick; 10-31-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally Posted by NikkaLB23
Where are you located because the giuy I met here says he'll do it for $100 anytime before friday but it just doesnt fit my schedule I am going down toward 757 this friday after this one and if you want tell me where your at and we can see what we can work out. Im going to ODU next weekend.

I live in Virginia Beach, about 15 min from ODU. I'll be home that weekend as well so just give me a call and we'll work around your schedule. 757.971.3545

Thanks,

- Jay
Old 11-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Missin' the LBG

Originally Posted by Asleeper
I might be able to help but it wouldn't be until next week sometime. Good choice on the V1, I've had mine for 5 years now and have to say its the best mod I have ever done, not to mention it owns every RD at laser detection (which is your biggest threat in NOVA).

Btw, Getting caught in VA with an RD is just a fine. You don't have to go to court or anything. Its $96 fine w/court costs the same as a tint or exhaust ticket.
Yeah I know it is the best!!! LOL really only $96 wow thats not bad at all but I mean how would I get caught in VA like when I am not in my car or if a cop is behind me and sees it and decides to pull me over? HAHA i noticed you live in the LBG, Leesburg, I lived there for the past 11 years, just moved away from there this past July. I love the LBG its a great place!!!

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
I live in Virginia Beach, about 15 min from ODU. I'll be home that weekend as well so just give me a call and we'll work around your schedule. 757.971.3545

Thanks,

- Jay
Alright well I will call you sometime in the naer future and I will see, but I think I can gt someone to do it for me up here, but I will keep you posted about it, thank you.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:23 PM
executive member

Turbobrick Turbobrick

If a cop leaves his radar turned off until you get really close, than turns it on and you suddenly slow down.......thats a pretty good indicator that you have an RD. The second way to get caught is by the VG-2 radar detector detector, but the V1 is invisible to those, so you have only number 1 to worry about. Well, unless you happen to have it mounted on your windshield and a cop happens to see it.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Blue, I'm Seein It

imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu imcnblu

i've got a $50 Cobra radar detector that i bought in Kansas back in september while visiting my in-laws. thing is amazing. i passed a VA State Trooper about 2 months ago on 522-N (heading from front royal to winchester)

she was doing stationary radar, but didn't have her radar on until she spotted a car that "seemed" to be speeding. my little integra was an obvious target, and i was going a little fast. anyway, as soon as i spotted the trooper, i slowed down out of "ticket range" (slowed to about 62-63/55 *most cops in this area won't even bother to pull you over unless you're going 15 over*) and at first, the K-band detector went off (police etc. radar signal) then the VG2 signal. she was "looking" for my detector, but couldn't pick it up.

front royal officer followed me for about a half mile with thier VG2 detector and couldn't pick it up. my detector is hidden pretty decently, and it was about 11pm, so it would be difficult for him to "visually confirm" the detector. only reason he did that was because i was speeding when i spotted him, but when he turned his radar on, i made the mistake of slowing down. he pulled out, followed for a bit with his VG2 trying to pick up my detector, couldn't "detect" it, and then passed me as if nothing had happened.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Registered member

bZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by imcnblu
i've got a $50 Cobra radar detector that i bought in Kansas back in september while visiting my in-laws. thing is amazing.
I picked up a $50 Cobra RD at a sears in Atlanta last year.
They work ok for K & K/A, but are worthless for laser.

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me hardwire my V1 ASAP!!!