Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

bad dealership experience

Old 08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rippars
Angry bad dealership experience

im never ever buying another car from tysons corner honda in vienna, va. for being one of the biggest dealerships in the dc metro area their customer service and service department just really sucks!

just a small list of problems with the dealership myself:
1.during pick up i noticed the passenger side interior door panel discolored. the person inspecting the car from the dealer should have noticed it.

2.took about three weeks before their body shop called to schedule a time for me to drop off the car in order to get the panel replaced. and when i got the car back it was covered in pollen.

3.bought the car back to be serviced early july since the windshield wipers were knocking into each other and something on the interior passenger side panel (which needed to be ordered) needed to be replaced again. it took only half an hour when i was told it would take up to three hours but, my service consultant didnt even go out with me to the car to make sure everything was done correctly, and there was a deep scratch in my rear bumper and later found one in the front bumper after i notice my front plate bent up.

4.went the dealership on the 11th of july to get the car serviced. got a call on the 29th telling me the part was ready for pick up... ask if they were going to get with the service department so i could bring the car in. she did not have a clue what i was talking about. almost flipped out but finally got everything straightened out and was going to drop off the car when i got back from pa earlier this week.

5.dropped off the car on monday this week. here's the list of things they need to do: fix the scratch they put on my rear bumper, install the new part to the interior of the passenger side door panel, fix my windshield wipers, and do an oil change. i was told they wouldnt start on the car til tuesday and it would be done in two days(so sometime by wednesday). its now thursday, and they haven’t bothered to call and give an update.

6.call the dealership today first to talk to the service consultant i've been dealing with but on the first attempt the phone rang for five minutes and went dead. second time i went throught the receptionist, and was on hold for another five minutes until someone took my name and number down so the service guy could call me back. call me be in 15 minutes, had to refresh his memory about who i was, and ask him about my car. tells me it just got over to their body shop and is being worked on right now and wont be ready til sometime tomorrow. when my dad gets home he asks where my car was and i told him its still at the dealership tells me to get them on the phone so we could talk to them. another five minutes of being on hold. then i call the receptionist again to be put on hold for another five minutes before i get my name and number taken down again since she cant find a manager, i really wanted to say wtf! is anybody there f-ing working! a manager calls me back within ten minutes and the whole time my dad and i were talking to him he didnt seem like he was taking it seriously, that really pissed me off so when i go to the dealership to pick up my car im speaking to the general manager...

sorry for the long post but i wanted to get that out there. plus the chevy aveo rental i got sucks major donkey balls!
Old 08-04-2006, 02:02 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: bad dealership experience

BBB.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:46 PM
<3's Photography

240dreams has disabled reputation

That's horrible. I work at a local Honda dealership and someone would have been fired if it was at my place.

What year and model car do you drive?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

rippars

Originally Posted by 240dreams
What year and model car do you drive?
06 civic ex coupe... really wanted an si but i needed a car that weekend i bought cause my tranny in my 98 maxima died on me, but i finally getting a new tranny installed next week.

which dealership do you work at? just wondering if you know a salesman that could get me a good deal on an si were looking to get another one...
Old 08-04-2006, 07:29 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

General Manager? try regional manager...maybe theyll do something then.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:16 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Post this in the Vendor Reviews forum.