Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Bad accident need lawyer

Old 05-29-2013, 05:32 AM
NotAcOp:)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux
Default Bad accident need lawyer

I was headed to work when someone turned left across my lanes from the other direction. I had green light and all... Thing is Tboned her in a rental and upon impact I broke my femur... I just got out of the hospital yesterday. shit sucks.

Anyone know a good personal injury lawyer?
Old 05-29-2013, 06:04 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan
Default Re: Bad accident need lawyer

damn dude sorry to hear that and im sure everyone hopes you get better....im sure somebody will point you in the right direction....sorry for my lack of help but damn dude that sucks
Old 05-29-2013, 06:19 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

femur? that's is damn painful.

ask your car insurance agent (if you have a good local one), they know accident lawyers.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:38 AM

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

They can't advise any legal action. The only legal action they are taking it to get the rental replaced.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 AM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

IB4

Old 05-30-2013, 06:03 AM
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

I would seriously consider doing it without a lawyer. Most cases, you can handle the claim yourself without involving lawyer. It's much easier than you think. I'm currently handing one myself- and I've done quite a bit of research, along with the help of my friend whom is a workers comp adjuster.

With a lawyer you can expect to give them 1/3 of whatever settlement you receive. Also expect it to take 9 months - 2 years to settle your claim. If you do it yourself, yes you may get less...but will it be 1/3 less? Also expect to settle 6-9 months if done yourself.

You don't have to take my word for it, but I'd seriously do some research if I were you. Whatever you do, don't talk about a settlement or anything with their insurance adjuster until after you are FULLY healed.

If you'd like any help or anything feel free to PM me.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:12 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Sorry to hear about this man, hope you're doing ok.

A broken femur is no joke.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
I would seriously consider doing it without a lawyer. Most cases, you can handle the claim yourself without involving lawyer. It's much easier than you think. I'm currently handing one myself- and I've done quite a bit of research, along with the help of my friend whom is a workers comp adjuster.

With a lawyer you can expect to give them 1/3 of whatever settlement you receive. Also expect it to take 9 months - 2 years to settle your claim. If you do it yourself, yes you may get less...but will it be 1/3 less? Also expect to settle 6-9 months if done yourself.

You don't have to take my word for it, but I'd seriously do some research if I were you. Whatever you do, don't talk about a settlement or anything with their insurance adjuster until after you are FULLY healed.

If you'd like any help or anything feel free to PM me.
I would look into doing it myself but Ihave so much on my plate at the moment. Getting my house ready to sell on the market, revamping my medical board with this new injury, then trying to figure out what kind of job I can do on the outside since my lower leg is fucked and now my upper leg is fucked... plus... with the screws and rods close to my knee cap... I might have to get a knee replacement.. Shit.. I am iron man lol
Old 05-30-2013, 01:41 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by BathSaltStarbux
I would look into doing it myself but Ihave so much on my plate at the moment. Getting my house ready to sell on the market, revamping my medical board with this new injury, then trying to figure out what kind of job I can do on the outside since my lower leg is fucked and now my upper leg is fucked... plus... with the screws and rods close to my knee cap... I might have to get a knee replacement.. Shit.. I am iron man lol
I say get a lawyer. If you represent yourself, you're probably leaving money on the table (even figuring giving a lawyer 1/3 of any winnings). They do this for a living, and are good at what they do. Sounds like they'll be able to use your current situation for more $$$.

I'm against everyone suing everyone for meaningless bullshit, but you have an absolutely legit case and the aftermath of this accident sounds like it will definitely have an impact on your immediate future.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:57 PM

Trust me... If I came away with no injury... I wouldn't be suing. I hate those...OOOO my neck hurts cases... Right now I have a 16 inch rod and 7 screws/pins to prove my case lol

Quick Reply: Bad accident need lawyer