Notices
Motorcycles & Parts Anything with 2 wheels and related parts.

2005 Kawasaki ZX6R/636 - Roanoke, VA - candy plasma blue

Old 05-23-2010, 08:29 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R/636 - Roanoke, VA - candy plasma blue

I never thought this day would come, but now I'm considering selling/trading my candy plasma blue 2005 Kawasaki 636/ZX6R. I've had a lot of things come up recently that are certainly helping to persuade me to give up one of my guilty pleasures in life, and this is probably the most valuable and least used item that I have to get rid of right now. I haven't ridden it since about November or December of 2008, and it's been sitting inside my storage building under a motorcycle voer since then, without tags, just taking up space.

First and foremost, I want to be very clear about the "bad," which is very minimal. The last time I rode it, I unfortunately had a highside that caused the right mirror to snap off and the brake lever on the rear brake/right rearset was snapped as well. It ground down the right Vortex frame slider and the spool on the right side, but those are very inexpensive parts to replace and they certainly saved the motorcycle from more severe damage. There is some scuffed areas on the right plastics, but they are purely cosmetic and it could be back on the street with a new right rearset and right mirror. It may or may not need a replacement battery since it's been sitting for so long, but again, that's a very minor issue.

- Vortex frame sliders
- 6000k plug-and-play HID's
- Flush mount smoked turn signals
- Spools
- Motovation weighted bar-ends. These were roughly $75 alone I think
- Fender eliminator with short stalk signals
- Jardine dual-outlet RT-One exhaust (carbon fiber)
- Tapeworks reflective blue rim stripes that match the bike
- Recent Michelin Pilot Power tires, front and rear.
- Powdercoated passenger pegs to match the frame

I do have the two original keys that will go with the bike, and everything else that came with it. I will not include my Suomy Spec1R Extreme Biaggi replica helmet with it because my head did hit the ground once when I came off the bike and it has not been inspected by Suomy since. I'm not willing to take that risk, or allow the buyer to take the risk. I do have several leathers that I could consider including if the price is reasonable, but that's take it or leave it. I can sell them separately if I decide to sell. I can include my rear stand, and motorcycle cover as well.

This bike ran like a dream, and is the most incredible piece of machinery I've ever had the pleasure of owning. If you've ever ridden a 636, you would probably understand what I'm talking about. I've always taken excellent care of this motorcycle to the point where some of my riding buddies would make fun of me for how well I maintained it... It was always polished before and after riding, and never had a speck of dirt on it until it went in the building for over a year. I hate to get rid of it, but my 2000 Blazer ZR2 was recently declared a total loss after a woman ran through a light and nailed me, and I'd like to get a better vehicle by putting the money I get from the motorcycle with the money I got from insurance, and get into something nice and reliable that I can travel in. I'm also hoping to, as I mentioned, do some traveling--so the money would be more beneficial than a motorcycle just sitting there making me sad. I know I'll regret selling this, but I want to see the world! I'm asking $4800 as is, and I'm certainly leaving room for negotiation, but keep in mind that I'm being absolutely up front about what I'm selling and I'm not willing to entertain lowball offers. I know what I have, and I know what it's worth.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:31 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R/636 - Roanoke, VA - candy plasma blue

Pics for reference... These pictures show what it looked like prior to the highside, before I installed the Jardine exhaust, and before the passenger pegs were powdercoated. Other than that, should look pretty much the same.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

so it needs what?

im interested in trading my civic Si. for this.

but then again i couldnt ride it home.

let me know if you are interested.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:51 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by DORKO
so it needs what?

im interested in trading my civic Si. for this.

but then again i couldnt ride it home.

let me know if you are interested.
It really depends on who buys it as to what it needs... If you're strictly concerned about the functionality, it would need a battery, a right mirror, and a right rearset. The battery being the most expensive, of course. The rest of the things it needs are purely cosmetic. I actually have some cheap carbon fiber mirrors that someone gave me, but I never put them on. I didn't like them. Those can go with it as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Bearded.

I want this.

Are you interested in trading this for my car?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by DORKO
I want this.

Are you interested in trading this for my car?
Definitely going to have to sleep on it. It looks like a nice car, but I'm not really into Honda's or Acura's and one big turn off for me is that it doesn't have a/c. I'm looking at a few Wrangler's. That's kind of what I'm interested in right now... something I can take the top off of and cruise around in, you know? I'll get back to you. I'm getting ready to go talk to a guy about a newer 4-Runner and we'll see what happens with that.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Bearded.

awesome.. Thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 03:59 AM
You know how I know?

broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch broke94hatch

Can you show pictures of all the damage stated above. I am very interested to purchasing a second bike. If I didn't live in Newport News, I would come and check it out.

Thanks

David
Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Awesome BIKE! Hand's down.

I have a 2005 Green 636 and its simply the best sportsbike ever made for the 600 Series.. It was rated Number 1 for 2005 out of all the other 600's..

Bike is PHENOMINAL and I ride to work everyday to and from D.C. without any issues.. BIke has amazing torque and Wheelies like nothing.

Whoever get's this bike will be VERY pleased.. I have ridin an '05 600RR and still doesnt please me as much as my 636.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:33 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by eXploited
Awesome BIKE! Hand's down.

I have a 2005 Green 636 and its simply the best sportsbike ever made for the 600 Series.. It was rated Number 1 for 2005 out of all the other 600's..

Bike is PHENOMINAL and I ride to work everyday to and from D.C. without any issues.. BIke has amazing torque and Wheelies like nothing.

Whoever get's this bike will be VERY pleased.. I have ridin an '05 600RR and still doesnt please me as much as my 636.
Thanks! It really is a different experience on a 636 versus other sportbikes. I've ridden and owned bigger bikes, and other makes, but this one has always been and will always be my favorite. Anyone who knows me knows that.

Originally Posted by broke94hatch
Can you show pictures of all the damage stated above. I am very interested to purchasing a second bike. If I didn't live in Newport News, I would come and check it out.

Thanks

David
I'll do the best I can with that ASAP... The bike is at my parents and I'm about 45 minutes away. On top of that, it's been raining and I don't want to pull her out in the rain, but I'll get them up as soon as possible.

Quick Reply: 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R/636 - Roanoke, VA - candy plasma blue