Notices
Motorcycles & Parts Anything with 2 wheels and related parts.

2001 Ducati Monster 750

Old 03-25-2014, 11:03 PM
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default 2001 Ducati Monster 750

Name: Elrich
Means of contact: 804-721-one two seven six (please text, rather than call - busy)
Price: [strike]$4,250[/strike] $4,000

Description: Monster was owned originally buy the Ducshop in Winchester, was a 'custom' build in house for an employee. Did some expensive mods and seems to have sat in their showroom. Sadly it was purchased by an army boy with a bonus that barely rode it, and left it outside. He did not winterize her, or take care of the carbs properly so they gummed up and spilled fuel everywhere. When I purchased it wasn't running and paint was starting to come off the motor.. 6,000 original miles on the speedo!

Since then, I pulled everything down to the frame/motor/wheels. Cleaned everything I could while it was stripped, re-did some of the wiring mess, took off the tacky italian flag spray paint job and coated the headers. Gas tank was pulled, filter and fuel hose replaced, and was cleaned with some noxious chemicals (GREAT now!). I replaced the carb with new, stage 1 jet kits, new speedo cable, and got her running again. Did a valve job, replaced the gaskets, and did a timing belt change. I've ridden for the past week or so and decided to pull it off the road again for some tuning. Needs bigger jets (adding now) and re-syncing the carbs. Adding a yellow tint to the headlight, adding a brighter H4 bulb, and replacing all the bulbs with LEDs instead to give it a more modern feel. Bike is loud and I love it -- would definitely keep for a daily, but as you can see I have 3 in the garage at the moment. My birthday is coming up and I could use the cash -- plus, I really want to have an old honda cb for my cafe project anway. Help me get myself a present for once.

Mods:
  • No gauge (removed since pictures)
  • Suicide start (button/killswitch relocated to clutch side frame next to knee)
  • LED bulbs for turn signals and break lights (not pictured)
  • Bosch headlight from a Moto Guzzi (like I said, getting new bulb and yellow film)
  • New timing belts from CaliMoto
  • Fast by Ferracci dual CF exhaust cans (Over $1800 new - Great lobe, could use new gaskets)
  • Ohlins rear suspension ($1300 new - on the fly adjustment)
  • Valve adjustment, rockers look great
  • Aftermarket red, gold flake paint on tank - CF guard (looks amazing in the sun)
  • Tail tidy
  • Michelin Pilot Powers with 90% treat left
  • New Battery
  • K&N Filter
  • Airbox mod
  • New Plugs/Wires
  • Included my own slave cylinder to minimize clutch pull. New Yoyodyne ($150)

Needs inspection, and one mirror to pass. I have multiple sets I can include with asking price. If that price is met, I'll order and install brake/clutch reservoir covers (of your color choice) and install a new clutch (not needed, but bike randomly came with one -- so why not :shrug

Been really busy with strange hours lately, so haven't been able to get pictures in the sun like I've wanted. Have a look at some of the progress pictures.

Pictures:

Day I bought it:

New Carbs

Jet Kit

Last edited by Halfrican; 04-27-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:40 PM
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Name:  a5YbMoV.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  562.0 KB
Old 03-26-2014, 04:30 AM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.
Default Re: 2001 Ducati Monster 750

OP is faggot....

on that note: someone buy this thing.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:10 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

I'll take the one in the back.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:18 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Why did you buy a Ninja?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:06 PM
I like grape drank

Good deal. Already sold it. Only Ducs left.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
I like grape drank

1 coming tomorrow - another on Monday.

Open to trades plus cash, depending.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 PM
I like grape drank

Guy today brought 500 dollars in cash and before I even started the bike said, you can take it or leave it.

The hustle is real.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 AM
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

Originally Posted by Halfrican
Guy today brought 500 dollars in cash and before I even started the bike said, you can take it or leave it.

The hustle is real.
Soo... it's sold?

#rofl #nbhnc
Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by Halfrican

The hustle is real.
lol dafuq

Quick Reply: 2001 Ducati Monster 750