Notices
Motorcycles & Parts Anything with 2 wheels and related parts.

1992 notrunning FZR600 for sale - $950obo

Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoRider has disabled reputation
Default 1992 notrunning FZR600 for sale - $950obo

I have a black FZR600 for sale with a semi-completed R1 conversion. I'm going to be straight to the point and honest about the bikes condition. I bought the bike less then a year ago as my first bike. At the time it ran a little rough, but after getting a new battery, the spark plugs replaced and an oil change. I rode it several times, including on one 2 hour trip so the bike is very mechanically sound. On one ride, the throttle cable snapped and because I don't know anything about bikes, had to sit the bike until I came up with the money to get it replaced. Living in a house with no garage, the bike sat and it rained, the bike fell over into some gravel and when I went to start it again would not start up. I asked a friend who's a Yamaha mechanic what he thought it was and he told me it was probably just some water in the tank and not really a big deal. I will now list EXACTLY what I was told I should do to get the bike back into riding condition and what the bikes needs to be perfect again.

- New throttle cables
- carbs cleaned/ rebuilt
- could use new handle bar ends and grips if you want the bike to look good.
- Has R1 conversion fairing (which covers front and side of bike, but is missing lower fairing around pipes that lead to exhaust
- rear fairings have crack and are missing rear turn signals but I bought some low profile ones. Can be repaired.
- seat lock was messed up when I bought it, which causes seat to not sit 100% flush, but it never bothered me when riding and like I said I rode it for over 2 hours once.
- rear tail light functions correctly and is on the frame, but could be better fixed.

I've been looking online for parts and found an amazing community for this motorcycle and very cheap parts for it. After looking at prices for the parts, they can easily all be had for under $100. Like I said, the bike ran amazingly well before it fell but with school and housing bills I just can't afford it. I paid 1650 for the bike when I got it. Has a Vance and Hines Exhaust. The bike has 34,000 miles, and the title says that the speedo has rolled over but I don't believe this for a second in how well the bike ran before (odometer has no 100,000 place so they assumed it rolled over since its an older bike. I had no trouble titling the bike and insurance was less then 400 dollars for an entire year! I can't emphasize mechanical condition of this bike before it stopped running. Engine and transmission worked perfectly, no slips or stutters.

If you want pictures I put it up for sale on craigslist... check em out here:
http://charlottesville.craigslist.or...610903182.html

If interested please email me using the craigslist email link. Thanks