Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

FS/FT: 1995 Mercedes-Benz W140 S Class - Satin Black WALD Kit Brabus Wheels and more

Old 05-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue2ZZGE has disabled reputation
Default FS/FT: 1995 Mercedes-Benz W140 S Class - Satin Black WALD Kit Brabus Wheels and more

Name: Jon K
Means of contact: 410-714-1853
Price: $14,995

Description:

Hello,

I am looking to sell a project that I recently built. Its a 1995 Mercedes-Benz S320 SWB that I have put alot of time and money into. I purchased the vehicle bone stock from a seller in Manassas, VA. The vehicle was very clean for its age but had some rust around the fenders, dents, dings (normal wear and tear from a 21 year old car). I have ALWAYS loved the Mercedes-Benz Automobile ESPECIALLY the W140 Chassis S Class. This vehicle rides very smooth and I have decided to make it my own by modifying it. The only mechanical issues that I had to repair when I picked up the car was replacing the Driver side door motor and the key locking mechanism. Other than those 2 things, the car was mechanically sound and passed MD State Inspection maybe 2-3 months ago with flying colors! The vehicle has ONLY 120, XXX original miles on it. I leave the other part blank because I do plan to drive it on nice days. I have maybe driven the car 50 miles total since I've owned it and that it from shop to shop. I apologize for the low quality photos, I will have professional ones taken when I have time. I still have a few small things that I will be doing to the car before it sells (tinting the windows, getting new muffler welded on and trim around windows wrapped in black)

The first modification that I added to the vehicle was a set of Authentic RARE 20" Brabus Monoblock Type 3 - 4 piece design wheels. The specs on the wheels are 20 x 9.5 with a +35 offset all the way around. These wheels are wrapped in a BRAND NEW set of Sumitumo HTR Z 3 255/35/20 tires.

The next modification that I did was add a set of LO Lowering Springs for the car. After doing alot of research I was not able to find a set of coilovers for the vehicle and did not want to spend the $3k + on air suspension. The drop off the car gives it a perfect aggressive stance without taking away the comfortable ride of an S Class.

Next on the agenda was the body. As I had mentioned before, the body had rust on the front fenders and rear quarter panels. The clear coat on the trunk and rear quarter panel was also beginning to peel. So I had the rust addressed, clear coat sanded down so everything was even, dents and dings addressed and rear S320 emblems removed for a cleaner look. At this time I also had the Front and rear fenders rolled with a Eastwood roller to allow more clearance for the fairly "aggressive" fitting wheels.

At this same time I had the replica WALD kit mounted and fitted to the vehicle. If you are not familiar with body kits, most aftermarket body kits require modification for perfect fitment. The material of the kit is called Duraflex which I believe is a mixture of Fiberglass and Poly Urethane. To my surprise the kit fit exceptionally well on the vehicle. The lines matched up and looks like it could have been an OEM option. Upon my research I found out the the OEM SLK Mercedes fog lights fit the WALD bumper and sure enough it did. I had to have custom brackets fabricated to fit the bumper.

Just a few other subtle exterior modifications that I added to the vehicle included Clear Corner lights up front and a new set of Taillights to give the vehicle a little more of a "Modern" look.

Once the body work was completed it was ready for a new finish. I brought my vehicle to a shop that specializes in a Liquid Wrap material called Halo EFX. I wanted to give the car an aggressive, yet classy look so I chose to go with the Satin Black finish. There are similar finishes that come factory from Mercedes-Benz (actual paint) that are an additional cost (In the thousands).

All in all, this car is one of a kind. Its a smooth riding, classic yet aggressive looking car that turns heads everywhere it goes. The vehicle even has the self-closing door feature which is impressive for its age. I could go on and on about this vehicle but I would recommend scheduling a time to come see it in person. I absolutely love this car however I am trying to purchase a home for my family so the toy has to go.

The only flaws with the vehicle are:

- ETC/ABS light is on, most likely it is a speed sensor however I just have not had the time to really mess with it at all

- the headliner material on the sunroof is beginning to come apart

- small tear on the driver seat

Other than that everything works as it should and is in exceptional condition for its age. Come see it for yourself.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Pictures:

First Purchased..

Now..

Last edited by Blue2ZZGE; 05-11-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:11 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue2ZZGE has disabled reputation
Default Re: FS/FT: 1995 Mercedes-Benz W140 S Class - Satin Black WALD Kit Brabus Wheels and m

Updated Photos (take advantage of the sun while it was out). Had the windows tinted today: