Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

1997 BMW M3

Old 10-05-2015, 02:03 PM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default 1997 BMW M3

EDIT: Car is sold.

Name: Andy
Means of contact: PM
Price: $3000

Description: I had intended for this car to be a dedicated car for track events to augment the M4 I leased about a month ago. My thoughts were to go through a bit of an initial investment to get it track-ready and then basic maintenance afterwards, but after talking to some track vets and doing a little more soul-searching, realized I didn't have the time or motivation to apply to this car with the perspective of already having an M4 in the driveway. So now I'm looking to sell not 3 weeks after my initial purchase.

The concise description of the car is: 97 Hellrot M3 with 212k miles. I had it "post-purchase" inspected by At Speed motorsports in Hanover, MD, and have the full itemized list they provided back to me of things it needs. I can provide this list on demand, but suffice to say there is nothing major wrong with the car, verified by a reputable shop. My primary concern was rust, and while it's present At Speed assured me it's minor surface rust. The only visible rust on the exterior is on the trunk. It does need a handful of items to pass inspection (e.g., drive belts, tie rod, p/s suction hose leaking, brakes, lighting, etc.)... but again, nothing major. In all honesty less than $500 worth of parts, some mechanical experience/aptitude, and a weekend and it will be pretty sorted. I haven't done a compression test (any interested buyer is welcome to do so before purchase), but it runs and drives great.

Cosmetically there are a few scratches, dings and rock chips but it's in surprisingly good shape. The trim in particular has held up amazingly well. The headliner is still where it should be. There is a rip in the driver's seat and the door panel is off for some reason but otherwise clean complete interior. I can verify the A/C works exceptionally well... but it will likely need the "capacitor" fix as the climate controls cut in and out intermittently.

As detailed in my earlier thread, I just paid $3200 for this car two weeks ago (not including taxes/title fees/cost of inspection), thinking I got a great deal. Right now I'm asking $3000 or best offer.

Also for what it's worth I have a set of 17" non-staggered M Contour replicas (visible in pic of interior, below) I got with the car I'll let go for $400 extra (paid $600 for them).

Pictures:

Last edited by blackout; 10-29-2015 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Car sold
Old 10-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Too Old To Care

smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave smilin dave
Default Re: 1997 BMW M3

Nice for use as a daily to keep miles down on the lease! I suggest keep and drive.
Regards
Dave
Old 10-05-2015, 02:49 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by smilin dave
Nice for use as a daily to keep miles down on the lease! I suggest keep and drive.
Regards
Dave
If I can get out of it now for close to what I paid I'd probably prefer that... my furnace literally just went out today that's another $10k I wasn't expecting... but you're right, it's not a terrible car by any means and if I keep it around long enough I might just end up doing what I intended all along.

But for now, $3k and it's gone.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Hellafunctional

Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93

Dude you should just fix it (assuming you have time) and flop it... so much money in M3's right now
Old 10-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Registered member

Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine Carnine

GLWS was hoping to see pics at summit. The car has coilovers no?
what other mods?
-
-
Old 10-06-2015, 04:35 PM
master debater

Originally Posted by Carnine
GLWS was hoping to see pics at summit. The car has coilovers no?
what other mods?
-
-
I'll still be at summit, just in the M4.

It has coilovers... I should probably try to find out more about what type, huh? They're solid though, I know what blown struts feel like in these cars and it rides great.

Aside from that, a cold air intake, exhaust, and some sort of headlights.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:34 PM

VTECHB is a name known to allVTECHB is a name known to allVTECHB is a name known to allVTECHB is a name known to allVTECHB is a name known to allVTECHB is a name known to all

Did u REPLACE the FURNACE yet. That's what I do for a living maybe we can work something out for the car.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:21 AM
master debater

Originally Posted by VTECHB
Did u REPLACE the FURNACE yet. That's what I do for a living maybe we can work something out for the car.
Ha, that would have been nice, I would have seriously considered that. But yeah, the furnace has been replaced.

This car needs to go. All reasonable cash offers considered (no trades- no interest in another project).
Old 10-23-2015, 01:43 PM
[OO=[___]=OO]

Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88

Anyone know if this is sold? Tried to PM the guy. Was hoping to get this tonight or this weekend.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:09 AM
master debater

Car sold. Remove thread.