Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

Running 1985 red RX7 GS 1st. Gen

Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead
Default Running 1985 red RX7 GS 1st. Gen

Name: Rich
Means of contact: IM
Price: $950

Description:

(I HAVE MANY MORE PICS IF INTERESTED)

Up for sale is an 1985 Mazda RX7 with a glass sunroof. I recently acquired this RX7 with the intention of doing a widebody restoration. Before I got a chance to start I got my hands on another 1985 HARDTOP which I always preferred.

So the sunroof model has to go.

ABOUT THE CAR: I bought the car two months ago. The previous owner had lost the keys and was in the process of removing the ignition lock system (as can be seen in pics). I was unable to test the car, but the seller assured me that the car ran with no problems. It turned out that we had a friend in common and after a quick phone call I felt reassured that I could buy in confidence, so I did.

A few weeks after parking the car, a buddy of mine took on the task of replacing the lock with a spare lock and key I had around. Charged the battery overnight and.... VROOOMMM started right up just as the previous owner promised. Great! We then cleaned out some of the trash in the car, followed by a thorough vacuum the front and rear carpet and took a spin around the storage facility where it lived at that time.

FEEDBACK: Car drove fine, but I believe the throwout bearing needs to be replaced. Though the clutch is fine from what I can tell, it wouldn't be a bad idea idea to replace it at the same time you tackle the throwout bearing job.

The radio works but its a bit sporadic. One more the one occasion it would shut off and turn back on when it felt like it. I suspect the antenna isn't hooked up as it would only pickup 2 or 3 stations??? The radio surround bezel definitely needs to be replaced. Once that's replaced the plastic surround around the shifter will sit flush in its place.

Steering column surround is missing and wiring needs to be zip-tied. One nice feature I noticed that still works is the security light on the steering column lights when ever you pull on the outside door handle or when you enter the key in the ignition.

The pace plate in gauge cluster seem to be severely faded from heat. That was something I definitely was going to replace when I 1st. got the car.

Sunroof/moonroof is after market. We've gotten some heavy rains in the last couple of weeks and I can reassure you that it does not leak. From what I can tell the sunroof does have a handle but it does not open, either that or I'm just not working it hard enough... that reminds me I have to renew my GYM membership. Headliner needs some attention and it's a bit loose and near the sunroof opening towards the front. I would just spray some adhesive through one of it's opening.

Seats & Carpets with the exception of a small rip near the seam on drivers seat and stain on passenger seat. Carpet seems in good shape for its age. I did notice that the rear carpet is laying on top of the original whose condition is unknown.

Miles on odometer 237,382 but I have no way of knowing if the engine has just as many miles. But I do know that the engine feels as healthy as one that was recently rebuilt.

EXTERIOR: Car is solid all around (with one minor exception which I'll cover) which was the main reason I took a chance on the car. You see I needed a SOLID body to to transfer all of my old parts from my old 1st gen (see partial pics of red 1st. gen in front of the one for sale) whose floor boards have rotted out beyond my ability to repair. Driver side rear quarter panel shows some waving (barely shows in pics) in the body. This was of no concern to me as I was going to cover it with a widebody panel, your concerns may differ.

Small dent on passenger side fender.

Paint has some clear coat peeling in some areas.

The one noticeable area of concern is an dime size rust just below the rear hatch, that needs to be attended to.

Undercarriage seems solid but I didn't think to take pics.

Rear passenger tail lights and center piece are cracked and need to be replaced.

I think I have covered all bases. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask.

ENGINE BAY: It looks like its all there. I did notice though that the AC compressor is stuck
Attached Thumbnails Running 1985 red RX7 GS 1st. Gen-img_20130214_175124.jpg  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:40 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada
Default Re: Running 1985 red RX7 GS 1st. Gen

quality use of a camera
Old 02-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Registered member

Intheshadows has disabled reputation

Can you send me more pics ?
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 PM

RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead

S O L D !!!!!!