Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

FS: 1972 Datsun 510 - $3000obo - Are you OG enough to own this? Apply within!

Old 06-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default FS: 1972 Datsun 510 - $3000obo - Are you OG enough to own this? Apply within!

Name: Kevin
Contact: PM me on this site or email me at Kevin@PerformanceAutosport.com
Car: 1972 Datsun 510 w/ L20, 5spd, LSD. 148k miles on chassis, unknown mileage on drivetrain

$3000obo, and for once I'm open to trades.

Car description:

I'm selling my short lived project car of a 1972 Datsun 510. Why you ask? Because as always I jumped on buying this when it popped up for sale because it was something I've always wanted to play with, but reality has sunken in and I dont have enough disposable income to do this car justice. I have big dreams for this car, but my bank account doesnt agree with me. Much like when I sold my Turbo SER, I know I'll regret this, but whatever..it's just a car. I'll find something else later when I have more moola to play instead of half-assing the car on a budget.

Mods:
L20 (instead of the L16 that comes stock)
Single Weber DGV carb
Magnaflow muffler
280zx front suspension and "big" brake upgrade
280zx dog leg 5spd gear box
Unknown, but supposed to be a Subaru LSD.
Weds 14x6 stupid-lite wheels

This car is a project car as you will soon see. It's not something you'll buy tomorrow and drive to work the next day, but I'm also not asking the insane $6k-10k prices these fuckers bring on ebay either. Having said that, now is the list of the good and bad about the car. Please take the time to read all of it because I may have already answered a question you have.

The good:

This car runs incredibly well. It can sit for over a month, which it has, and you can walk up to it, reach inside, turn the key and it will fire off instantly. It runs better then my 03 Cobra did. Starts faster, idles better, it's weird how insanely well it runs. I dyno'd it a few weeks ago and it made an expected 81rwhp and 109ft.lbs! The tune looks great too. I made a few timing changes to see if I could get any more out of it, but no...it was happy where it was.

The clutch works and activates perfectly. It received a new clutch master cylinder by one of the previous owners recently. All the gears work as I've tested it on the street and on the dyno. No grinds, no crazy stuff here.

The body is in great shape, as you will see below. The paint was done somewhat recently, but is not without scratches, wear, etc. As the owner stated to me when I was looking to buy it..."From 10 feet away you'll swear its the nicest 510 you've ever seen." and that is true. It has great curb appeal and the body is not a rusting heap as most are by this time. All of the chrome bumpers are in great shape. The car does not leak either. It's been outside since I bought it and the inside never gets wet.

The car will come with probably the ugliest Momo seat ever created, the Ronald McDonald Racing Special. It came with the car when I bought it and I'd rather give it away with the car then have it sticking around. Not sure if this is a good or bad...but hey...free seat!

This 510 will also come with a brand new, never installed, in the box, BRE replica carbon fiber "spook" lip. I'll have a pic of it soon as it's still in process of being shipped to me. Should be here later this week. It will replace the Home Depot DIY lip thats on the car now and add about 1000 cool points. More carbon fiber = more awesomeness. It's a fact. Plus the sumbitch wasn't cheap. I'll gladly keep it and hang it on my wall if no one wants it. Hell, I may do that anyways...put it right next to the Evo one I tore off of Terry/Jen's Evo.

The bad:

It has rust. Duh. It's a Datsun. I mean really, what did you expect for a thread containing a $3000 510? Allow me to explain further. It has rust, but it's not bad enough to be deemed a flaming piece of shit. Is that better? The interior shots that I provide should give a better idea of what you're dealing with. One of the previous owners decided he'd start repairing the floors, but evidently got distracted and/or gave up halfway through...leaving the rear floors still in need of some TLC. The overall integrity of this 510 is still great. It feels fine when driving, nice and solid.

Another pretty vital bad is that it comes with a seat...but it's not mounted to anything. I bought the car AS IS and never mounted a seat to it. I drove the car up and down the street a few times and that was with the seat just sitting on a grippy pad...perfectly safe....right. So, whoever buys this will need to pick it up with a trailer because you will have no way to plant your ass. If you chose to drive it home, may God be with you...thats your choice.

The door panels will need to be secured better, meaning you'll need to locate more of the factory clips. The show up on ebay alllll the time, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

The turn signals and side markers are not hooked up. Some of the wires have been cut and need to be respliced and others are just unplugged. All of the lights are either mounted on the car in the correct spot or sitting in the trunk.

Speaking of the trunk...the battery is not mounted. Simple fix, but worth noting.

Oh, it needs tires. These are just old and dry rotted. Still drives fine, but I wouldnt exactly head out on a long trip on them.

Thats all I can think of for now. If anyone has any questions please post them here so I can answer them for everyone and it may remind me to mention something else. I have the title in my hand.

Pics:

Old 06-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: FS: 1972 Datsun 510 - $3000obo - Are you OG enough to own this? Apply within!

$3000obo, open to trades.

Thanks, and as I said before, please ask any and all questions IN THIS THREAD. The car is located at my shop and I'm available to show it anytime Monday - Saturday 10am-6pm.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:11 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER
Default Re: FS: 1972 Datsun 510 - $3000obo - Are you OG enough to own this? Apply within!

doesn't look half bad at all! WELL worth the money i have a small obsession with these cars as well
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
SoFakinTarck!

K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi K. Legaspi

Omgush I want!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

oh you should totally keep this one and sell the 280 instead.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:51 PM
rip

ruffryder22026 has disabled reputation

that shit is hot bump for you i like
Old 06-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

I so need this in my life!!!!!

How about an sc300? Check my sig flim flam. I'm serious, but I will need a few greenbacks from you. Not too much though.

PM me if interested.

Danny

Last edited by RE-SPECGARAGE; 06-16-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Danny,

Strangely enough I'm actually in the market for a SC300, but I really wanted to start with a 5spd. I also wanted a fairly perfect body. Lemme see what kind of action I get out of this car this week and I'll get back to you.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Young L
oh you should totally keep this one and sell the 280 instead.
It's a 240. And it will be posted for sale after this sells.

I'm cashing out.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

damn you kevin