Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

Daily Driver - 2005 Hyundai Sonata - $1,000 obo

Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RelentlessGSX has disabled reputation
Default Daily Driver - 2005 Hyundai Sonata -SOLD

Okay guys and gals,

I've lurked the boards for a very long time now and I need to sell my 2005 Hyndai Sonata. It has less than 65k on the clock and here is the pertinent information about the car:

Color: Pearl White
Transmission: A/T
Interior: Beige, cloth (Heated Seats)
Drive: FWD
Engine: V6
Sunroof: Yes

The Good: Brand new tires (less than 200 miles), brand new brakes (less than 200 miles), fresh oil change and a brand new air filter. The car has NEVER hesitated one way or the other, it drove flawlessly and still runs perfect.

The Bad: The rear bumper cover, bumper support and drivers side tail light need to be replaced. The front bumper cover could stand to be replaced as well (has nothing to do with the below accident, it was damaged in the huge snow storm we had back earlier this year).

I had just put the new tires, brakes, air filter and done the oil change and then got rear ended by an older gentlemen on my way to work one morning. It was a low speed impact, no airbags deployed and the reason why my insurance is not fixing it is because I had the car paid off and decided to run with only liability insurance, figuring, I'd never been in an accident before and so more than likely if someone was going to hit me, it'd be their fault. Well, long story short, the gentlemen apologized at the scene and we called his insurance and set up an appointment to get it looked at by a local body shop and I get there to only receive a phone call from the insurance agent who set this all up and says the the guy who hit me now says it's because I had merged into his lane and therfore the accident was my fault. It's currently in arbitration but I can't keep it at this body shop parking lot forever and I'm still paying insurance on it. So, I need to cut my losses and move on. I don't feel like having it fixed. Whether you decide to have a body shop do it or simply go grab the parts you need from a pick-n-pull is up to you, but I don't have the time or energy to do it myself. The current estimate the body shop gave to my insurance company was in the ballpark of $2,000.00. That includes all OEM pieces and the paint work. Obviously, this is on the high-end as far as appraisals go. I'm positive the work would be a lot cheaper if you were to get the parts yourself and if you have any friends in the industry it'd be even cheaper.

I have title in hand, ready to sell today if someone offers enough money. Obviously, this is a buy at your own risk, no warranty purchase. If you buy this car and have the cosmetic stuff fixed, you will have a very good daily driver that's good on gas and I'm sure will last you a good long while. The car will drive away from this body shop parking lot under it's own power, that's how I got it there in the first place. So if you purchase it, you will be able to drive it home or to a body shop or wherever you want.

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone can see the potential of this car.

-Bill

p.s. - Yes, I will be uploading pictures, but they're currently at home and I'm not.

Last edited by RelentlessGSX; 12-11-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Jim Conner

ahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these partsahugg002 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Daily Driver - 2005 Hyundai Sonata - $1,000 obo

could you upload the appraisal from the body shop along with the pictures
Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

caleb2483 has disabled reputation

ill buy it today. i have cash with me now.
call me 571-236-7014 or email mtajae@yahoo.coom

thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

RelentlessGSX has disabled reputation

I just wanted to let everyone know that the very first person who contacted me came and picked up the car today. So, it's officially SOLD.

Thank you for all the interest.

-Bill