Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

97 Legacy gt 5spd NOVA

Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
immortal1kon has disabled reputation
Default 97 Legacy gt 5spd NOVA

up for sale is my 97 legacy GT 2.5l 5 speed sedan. i have all original paper work and personally know every previous owner. i bought this car when it had 60k with a blown head gasket, i had the whole motor fully rebuilt with brand new everything since then i have driven the car daily and put about 30k in the past 4 years which is about 8000 miles a year. it's an awesome car and did amazing last year in the snow up until i was illegally towed from a friends neighborhood.

mileage
body: 90k
motor: 30k
transmission has 50k

background:
the car has not been driven for a year except for an occasional start up.
back in February the car was improperly towed from a parking lot which damage the center and rear diff. i changed out the transmission with a used one with 50k on it. after that money got tight especially because most of it went to the lawyer to sue the tow company. none the less it's been about a full year and i still dont have the money from the company to fix and drive the car. so i am selling as is.
the car needs a rear diff. because it is damage and will cause damage to the trans if it is not swapped out.
the abs light is on i believe it's the rear right sensor
the right rear caliper is frozen

body: 7/10 typical for a 17 year old car in VA. has some surface rust spots where paint chiped nothing deep. there is no paint fade, front and rear bumpers have scuff marks and some chips.

interior: 8/10
-two small burns from when i let my sister borrow my car.
-rear cup holder broken
-alpine head unit / car fully wired for subs/amp. very clean install
-factory optional tweeters with alpine speakers
-clean seats no sag and fold down rear back seats

everything else:
original rims were pretty bent so i bought 04 wrx rims with new re92 tires on them. have about 80% tread left
JDM projector fog lights - wired to stock fog switch
wrx catback exhaust plus stock exhaust
3 inch intake arm
bosch plugs

i have put alot of money in this car and wish i could fix and drive it. im putting up for sale at 3200 OBO the blue book price for this car under private party sales with 90k miles on it is for $4750 and i have a general idea of how much these cars sell for. that being said try to keep offers pretty reasonable i dont mind showing the car in person. willing to negotiate with cash offers. the price is OBO so dont be afraid to throw out some offers.

ALL ORIGINAL PARTS THAT I STILL HAVE WILL COME WITH THE CAR.

pics can be found here - http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20502
Old 12-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: 97 Legacy gt 5spd NOVA

this is the lowest mileage legacy you will find to date. they only made this model from 97-99 and i have not seem a single one that has less than 90k on the car. this car needs less than 1000 in work if you want it perfect. and will outlast any bullshit overpriced Honda or half ass swapped 240sx's that plague this forum board. this car will survive any weather and is as stock and un-abused as you will ever find. plus a 5spd is rare especially cause the majority were built as automatics. this car shares all the same components as an 5spd impreza RS (98-01) it's only 200lbs heavier. it's in great condition and i would still be driving it to this day if it had not been towed improperly. i pay for all my school and everything on my own so i cannot afford to fix this until i receive my settlement. i already dropped 1200 on a transmission with a 3 year warranty which is currently installed. i also have the stock tranny because the only thing wrong with it was the center diff. i was quoted 500 by a shop to have the rear diff pulled and rebuilt. and used ones go for (100- high mileage non-lsd 4.11) to $350-low mileage lsd 4.11). A used caliper is 30 bucks, brand new is 80 without your core or 60 with your core. i personally would change both sides just because it's brakes ... whatever you do to one side you should do to the other. the abs light is on cause of the right rear sensor. before i changed the wheels i ran up a curb with the back tire and popped the tire and slightly bent the back wheel (no visual bend just when i put it on a balancer it was wobbly. at the time that happened i damaged the abs sensor. because of this i took out the fuse for the abs system and drove it like that. before the car sat in February, i had done full factory Brembo replacement rotors with akibono ceramic brake pads and new 04 wrx rims with tires. I am personally mechanically inclined and could have done all the work without any problems, but i paid to have all work done on this car by a licensed professional at a shop because that way theres no cut corners and less down time. (plus usually you spend more trying to do it your self through wasted time going back and forth to a store and getting quality parts be it online or directly through a supplier).

for all those who are waiting for me to keep lowering my asking price so the can throw me an offer... dont wait just throw me an offer .... cause it's not going to change, not today, not tomorrow, not in 6 months never! but i am open to offers and legitimate people who are interested and would like to see the car in person.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:39 PM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

Cliff notes?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

do we know each other?
Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by immortal1kon
do we know each other?
you are missing basic info for this thread, your pictures need to be posted in the thread and not linked, and as far as the book goes, Cliff notes will help...no one wants to read a book

try this format
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/import-asia-65/example-proper-fs-thread-232060/

Last edited by NasTHatch; 12-16-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Registered Member

haha thanks ill keep that in mind i didnt really look at the forum rules just copied my thread from another site but i will reformat.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

please reformat and host pics here.