Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

93 Lexus LS400

Old 01-19-2010, 06:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mkoch1 has disabled reputation
Default 93 Lexus LS400

For sale is my 93 Lexus LS400
Car has 114,750 miles on it.
Car is located in federal Hill, Baltimore city.
Clear title, never been in an accident.
Car has power everything, (even the freakin head rest), Heated leather seats, traction control
100 dollar finder fee, if you find me a buyer.
I'll give it about a week and then it's going to carmax.
If your interested contact me at 443-623-6287 cell or work 410-966-8299

For a 17 year old car it's is in great shape. My father purchased the car back in 95 and gave it to me about 2 years ago. I have been using it as my DD, but just picked up a smart car so it needs to go. 5 cars in the city is just not practical.

Carmax offered me 3500, so I am asking
-4000 (firm) as is
-4500 (firm) inspected. Car should pass inspection with exception of the small crack in the windshield. For 4500 I will fix anything that causes it to fail inspection.

The good:
Inside and out the car is in great shape and will probably run forever. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Full size pictures at http://www.markkoch.net/ls400.htm

The bad:
Exterior
-Small crack in the windshield, down low on the passenger side (Small update, insurance will replace the windshield, so if your interested it will come with a new windshield)
-Strange white crap on the passenger side running board. I got some off with just washing it. A little elbow grease and you can probably get it all off.
-Small door ding on the passenger side rear door
-ugly #3 sticker on bumper. I believe my dad put it there to cover a scratch, when he first got it.

Interior
-The leather on the drivers side seat has a crack
-Window tint on passenger side front window is a little wrinkled

Cold weather issues
-power steering pump makes noise when it's cold out. It works fine, it just makes noise. Today it was completely silent.
-On mornings were it has been in the 20's over night the gauge cluster doesn't light up until the car warms up a little.

Mechanical issues
-fuel gauge is slow to respond. When you fill/start the car it can take several minutes for the gauge to read correctly. The low gas light always functions correctly regardless of where the needle is pointing. It has done this for the past several years. I ignore the gas gauge and just fill up every 350 miles.
-check engine/traction control light has come on a couple of times over the last year. Usually it stays on until the next day. I believe a sensor somewhere in the ABS system causes the light to come on. When it's on the tracking control does not work. It's never stayed on long enough for me to take it to the dealer to find out what's wrong with it.

Last edited by mkoch1; 01-19-2010 at 07:22 AM.