Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Old 05-17-2010, 06:15 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default 91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Name: Cody
Location: Fredericksburg, VA (I live in Richmond, car is garaged in Fredericksburg)
Means on contact: PM, this thread, AIM - xstreetxlampx, email str33tl4mp@gmail.com
Trades: No trades
Price: $6,000 obo

Description:
I'm selling my beloved car. I searched for this car forever and always said I would only ever sell it to get a Evo. And well I'm trying to get a evo so its for sale.

The car was purchased new by an older man who babied it until 60k miles I believe. He sold it to a friend of a friend who did some basic bolt on stuff but broke the shift fork. I picked it off him at 75k miles with the broken shift fork and have done bigger things with the car.

Mods:
K&N Air Filter - 3" Custom CAI w/ Aluminum piping
ProSport Boost and Water Temp Gauges
NGK plug wires - NGK BPR7ES Plugs
Ported GT Evo Manifold - Ported 2g o2 Housing - 3" SS Turbo Back Exhaust
ACT 2600 w/ Street Disc - ACT Streetlite XACT Flywheel
FMIC: 28" x 10.5" x 3.62" core w/ 2.5" SS piping
Rewired Walboro 255lph - Precision 1000cc injectors
14" Slimline Fan
Palm IIIxe MMCD Logger
MBC
Koyo Radiator
2g Maf
Tuned by Dave (foreignmuscle.com) on stock ECU with Eprom chip
BC 272/272 cams
Precision SCM61 @ 24psi

Rebuilt head (previous owner went to have timing belt done, shop fudged it and ruined the head)
ARP Head Studs
Fresh OEM Mitsu Head Gasket
Water pump/thermostat just replaced

2g Eclipse Rims painted bronze - Powerslot Rotors front - Brembo OE Rotors rear - Axxis Metallic Pads

4 bolt rear end

Probably a few dozen other small things I have done but have slipped my mind, I'll go over the car top to bottom with anyone.

Details:

Mileage: 76,xxx (car is driven a few miles 2 or 3 times a month)

Exterior Condition:
Car was repainted by Maaco a few years ago, its a 10 footer. Has some blisters on the roof. Also passenger exterior door handle is broke but I have original metal handles to replace it.

Interior Condition: Rear seats look never sat it (they may never have been). Front seats have bad rips and cracks but never bothered me. The rest of the interior is on point.

CARFAX: I don't have it and have never seen it, would love to if anyone carfax's it though. Only accident I'm aware of was previous owner was backed into in a parking lot. Front bumper has a paint chip from it.

Service: I have personally done everything besides the tune since owning the car, I trust the car to go anywhere.

Issues:
The car like many DSMs surges, it never bothered me enough to fix it but its probably a issue with the FIAV / throttle body needing a rebuild. On certain days the car will also want to idle at 2k after being driven for 30+ minutes. I believe its also a FIAV / throttle body issue.

It currently has a phantom knock that I'm going to try and get solved before the car is sold. It really only appears when gently leaving from a stop in 1st gear and you would never notice it except by logging it. Just adding the phantom knock code to the eprom chip should fix this.

Oil cap leaks, just needs a new cap or new rubber gasket thingy. Just some oil residue appears in the valve cover valley.

Small coolant leak behind the thermostat housing, original old and cracked line drips if it gets moved the wrong way. Easily fixed by getting a new line or just getting rid of the FIAV.

Final notes:
This is a 6 bolt motor, 4 bolt rear car with 76k miles that has only been owned by knowledgeable owners and never abused. I've launched the car maybe 4 times, raced it at the track once when it was basically stock and a few runs on the highway a handful of times. I've been into DSMs and have researched them for the last 5 years or so and would never do anything wrong to a DSM. Also I would really like to sell the car to someone who is the same. I'll be completely honest about everything, there is nothing to hide anyway.

Please don't contact me speaking like a drooling mouth breather.
I dont want your project honda I dont want your project honda I dont want your project honda I dont want your project honda I dont want your project honda I dont want your project honda I dont want your project honda I dont want your project honda

This is a older image, no front mount or painted wheels

Also before the wheels were painted.

Wheels used to be black, but this is how the car sits down sans wheel color

Replacing the headgasket, you can see the SC61 turbo, 272/272 cams and a decently clean engine bay.

Oh here is a video of it running against a turbo D series honda at summerduck when it was almost stock

Last edited by streetlamp; 05-17-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:16 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default Re: 91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

waddup
Old 05-19-2010, 05:25 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

getupindis
Old 05-20-2010, 08:11 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

will also trade for a dreamcast with shenmue
Old 05-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

91cb7 has disabled reputation

bump for fellow dsmer
Old 05-21-2010, 04:25 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

OBO

I realize no one pays anything for DSMs anymore but it is a 6/4 car with only 76k original miles. I looked for a long time to find a car in this condition.

No offer will offend me, but at a point its not even worth it for me to sell it. I really love this car.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Ovechkinator !

TITS has disabled reputation

bump for a nice dsm