Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

73 Celica Track Car $8000

Old 09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic
Default 73 Celica Track Car $8000

Name: Johnnie
Means of contact: PM or email (my username @gmail.com)
Price: $8000

Description: 73 Celica Track Car

It's been to a few of the local shows like Spring Fest a couple times (not the most recent). Won second place for Track Car category once. I have done a lot to this car and the "mods list" is almost endless. I have lots of extra parts if you are willing to pay for them (I will not separate prior to car being sold). I take very good care of the car and keep it very clean. BUT PLEASE REALIZE!!!!!! This is a track car. This is a race engine, and it drives like a race engine. The paint is no where near show level. It's very shiny because I polish the heck out of it, not because it is great paint. It has chips, and cracks, there is bondo on the car....ect..... This car is great looking, and phenomenal to drive! If someone spent the $3-5K on a really nice paint job, this would be a $15K+ car. I do not let it see rain EVER!

Audio info: Amplified gravel noise with sheet metal rear seat delete.....

Engine info:
As for the age of the engine. I put new bearings in when I put the ultra high comp pistons in, and honed the cylinders. I then did 2000 miles on conventional 20W50 on the highway. I have done 1 drift event, and 5 track events since then. It's been almost 5 years since then. On average I probably run through about 5-7 tanks of gas a year on the street. Figure about 150 miles per tank and you are looking at about 750-1000ish miles a year. Before the last event I upgraded from the Stage III cam to the Stage V cam with all new rockers. I have had the stage V cam in there for about a year and a half. I put new oil and filter in before every event (8 qrts).
Block: 22R LC Engineering resin re-enforced stroker block with crank scraper
--------Block has been O-ringed to deal with the very high 13+:1 compression (yes, I run 110 ONLY!)
Crank: LC Engineering non-stroker
Pistons: CP 12.5:1 dome top forged
Connecting Rods: Eagle H
Cam: LC Engineering Stage 5
Int. Exh.
Valve Lash .008 .012
Valve Lift 510" 510"
Advertised Duration 320° 320°
Duration @ .050" 270° 270°
Lobe Center 104° 104°

Intake Opens 28° BTDC
Intake Closes 62° ABDC
Exhaust Opens 62° BBDC
Exhaust Closes 28° ATDC

Cam Gear: LC Engineering Pro adjustable
Intake: Cannon Dual Side draft w/ Port & Polished
Heads: LC Engineering Stage 4 20R
Headers: Headman Headers wrapped
Exhaust: Custom 2-1/2"; Dynomax resonator and Afterburner muffler, under axle.
Spark: Dual Crane Cams Firball HI6 (hot switchable backup) (rev limit set to 7600rpm)
---------Crane Cams Firball Coil
---------Accel 8mm Super Spark wires
Cooling: 1981 Toyota Corolla (temporary, works great, but have designs ready for new custom radiator)
-----------Canton oil cooler
-----------Spal electric pusher fan
Fuel: No name 130gph fuel pump (needs replacing works fine for the street, but not enough pressure extended abuse, just recently developed)
---------Professional Products Adjsutable fuel pressure regulator
Other: LC Engineering underdrive pulley set
--------Accusump 3qt with stainless hose
--------LC Engineering Pro engine mounts (essentially solid)

Drivetrain
Transmission: Toyota W50 all stock (been in car for the past 15+ years)
(I have a second W50 with 50k orginal miles on it, I completely rebuilt and restored it and is ready as a spare NOT INCLUDED, but for sale)
Driveshaft: stock 2 piece converted to replaceable U-joints and rebuild by Gregory's Driveshafts
Differential: TRD 2-way LSD, with 3.90 gears. I have a tone of extra diffs with bad gears as I was tearing them up every event, and finally found a solution (260wt gear oil!). These are included with the car, so you can setup multiple rear ends and just swap them out in a matter of minutes. Many are welded as that is what I used to run at the track.
Axles: Stock, I have a second set as well just in case (Included). Axles have also been in the car for 15+ years with no breaking.

Suspension:

!!Car has been corner balanced to perfect 50/50 cross weight with 175lb driver w/ 175lb/in rear springs!!

Front
Poly Bushings on all joints, mounts, and bushings.
T3 Adjustable camber plates with needle bearing top mount.
Asjustable coil over setup w/ Eibach springs (350lb/in)
Koni 8610 Single Adjustable Race Strut Inserts
Second Gen Celica front disc brakes w/ Carbotech XP10 pads and stainless hoses.

Rear
Poly bushing upper control arms.
Hiem joint aluminum adjustable lower control arms.
Hiem joint aluminum adjustable panhard rod.
Currently Afco 175lb/in 5"X11" springs (also have 200, and cut 225, both Afco)
QA1 Double adjustable shocks (AMAZING SHOCKS!)
AE86 rear disc brakes with Carbotech XP8 pads and stainless hoses.

Wheels: XXR 15"X7" +15mm offset all the way around
Tires: Bridgstone RE11's (195/50 front (70-80%), 205/50 rear (30-40%)
Second Set: Steel 13X7 wheels running GoodYear Spec Ford Racer slicks (50-60%)
All four Corners run extra long ARP wheel studs.

Exterior mods
Rubber bump deleted
Bumpers body color matched
GT grill ($500+ if you can find one!)
71-72 Flat tail light conversion (also $500+ if you can find them)
Clear front corners lenses
LED conversion from front to back including dash lights (over $300 in bulbs)
Front corner lights are dual color LED builbs
Custom module to allow turn signal operation without hack job wiring to stock signal setup (required for 71-72 Tail lights)
Lots of decals on the car!

Interior
Corbeau Race seats.
Safequip Cam lock 6 point harness.
Autopower 4 point cage.
5 Panel Wink Mirror.

Things on the to do list:
Important
Replace defective fuel pump

At leisure
Pay for custom radiator and install (better cooling, though not needed as it did fine on 90º+ day on track for 2 hours, but it does make it look way better in the engine bay)
Replace windshield seal (included) and install Stainless trim (included)

All the fluids including the transmission have been kept up to date. I run Redline High performance oils in the diff, and the transmission, and either Mobil 1 full synthetic 20W50 or Redline full synthetic 10W60 (a matter of convenience) Brake fluid is about 8 months old, Super Blue racing fluid. Front wheel bearing were replaced and repacked this time last year. All joints are tight and free from play (except body side of panhard rod, not sure why but I cant get a hiem joint to last at all there, it seems to be happy after it develops a slight bit of play, and then never gets worse). Other than that, adjust tire pressures and have fun!

I also have, that could be purchased, a TRD Pace Car chin spoiler, TRD replica chin spoiler, and TRD Trunk spoiler (will let it go for a good deal with the car, trunk spoiler is already painted)

If you have read all that and think that my $8000 asking price is even HALF what is in the car, you are probably an illiterate. So please don't waste my time and yours. Cash in hand gets a test drive, nothing else.

This is a Video from last August at VIR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZqV1JspJSc

If you need more pics, check out my Cardomain Page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/296523...toyota-celica/

Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 10-03-2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added info
Old 09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered Member

sergmx sergmx sergmx sergmx sergmx sergmx sergmx sergmx sergmx sergmx sergmx
Default Re: 73 Celica Track Car $8000

VERY cool car! GLWS!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 AM
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.

effin amazing. Hands down the best celica ever made. Found one for 2k a couple years ago but it was a complete rust bucket. Glws
Old 10-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic Blaze86Vic

Thank you for the compliments! I have loved every minute of this car, and still do.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered Member

Added info on engine age since built.

As for the age of the engine. I put new bearings in when I put the ultra high comp pistons in, and honed the cylinders. I then did 2000 miles on conventional 20W50 on the highway. I have done 1 drift event, and 5 track events since then. It's been almost 5 years since then. On average I probably run through about 5-7 tanks of gas a year on the street. Figure about 150 miles per tank and you are looking at about 750-1000ish miles a year. Before the last event I upgraded from the Stage III cam to the Stage V cam with all new rockers. I have had the stage V cam in there for about a year and a half. I put new oil and filter in before every event (8 qrts).
Old 07-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Registered member

10HBMartian has disabled reputation

still have this for sale
Old 07-20-2014, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

Not for sale anymore.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:31 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Damn right Id keep this beautiful beast too!!! Shits sick as hell!!!!