Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

2004 Nissan Maxima SL

Old 12-02-2014, 12:02 PM
A34
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34
Default 2004 Nissan Maxima SL

Name: Keith
Means of contact: PM, this thread, or e-mail (KeithLG2@yahoo.com)
Price: $1200 OBO. Trades are fine, 2 door cars are preferred. But this is just a testing waters thread for now.

Description: This Maxima was bought brand new by my father in September of 2003. It was recently given to me, but it has quite a few problems and I would rather someone take it off my hands and give her a better home. The car has nearly 305,000 miles (stock VQ35DE and 4 speed automatic transmission), but the miles will go up, as it is my daily at the moment.

The front bumper has a small crack at the bottom, there are a few rust spots, scratches, and a scrape in the passenger side rear. Around 8 or so years ago, the car was in a collision on the driver's side (I don't remember the exact details of it), but the car was not totaled and was repaired. The interior is in decent shape. The driver's seat leather is worn in a couple spots and the passenger seat has a chocolate stain. There are just a couple cosmetic defects, but those pieces could easily be found at a junkyard and swapped out in a few minutes.

The driver's side window is slow to go up, and sometimes it will get stuck. It's basically winter so you wouldn't be using it regularly, but I guess a new window regulator would fix it. Now on to the bad bad. There's a check engine light, AAMCO told me the codes were for the EGR valve opening at the wrong time or something to that effect (P1402 I think the code was), and P0550 for the power steering Sensor Circuit Malfunction. The car has some issues starting at times, and I'm almost certain the EGR issue is causing it. The power steering pump is also leaking. When I brake at highway speeds, I get an almost unbearable rattle in the front end suspension. I'm guessing balljoints, tie rods, or some related parts need replacing. I have a multi point inspection sheet from a local shop that I can include.

An oil and trans fluid change was just done about 2 weeks ago. The oil pan gasket is leaking as well. The heater pretty much only works while the car is in motion, which Nissan has a TSB about, I just haven't gotten around to doing the procedure. This car has served us very well and I'm sad to have to get rid of it, but at this point, it's for the best. If the issues are fixed, it could be a decent winter beater or a car to give to your kids. At this very moment, I can't think of anything else, but feel free to ask questions, and ask for more pictures if you need.

Pictures:

EDIT: EGR valve will be replaced on Monday

Last edited by A34; 12-04-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:26 AM
A34
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34 A34
Default Re: 2004 Nissan Maxima SL

Bump.