Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

2004 Hyundai Tiburon SE 6 speed

Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Koreandude has disabled reputation
Default 2004 Hyundai Tiburon SE 6 speed

CAR IS SOLD

• Name: Richard Boettcher Jr.
  • Means of contact: This thread or e-mail: rboettcher81@comcast.net
  • Trades: No trades, please.
  • Price: $6500 OBO

Description: Up for sale is my 2004 Hyundai Tiburon SE Rally Red 6 speed. Clean Carfax. Only owned by myself, non-smoker, purchased new in December 2004. It was my daily driver for the past 9 years so the majority of the 136,480 miles on it are highway. I recently moved to the Genesis Coupe platform and have no need for two coupes in the family. It was never tracked or taken to the drag strip or abused and is very well cared for. All maintenance is up to date and was either performed by me or at Pearson Hyundai, Midlothain. It gets excellent highway gas mileage (30mpg), good city gas mileage (22mpg) with a combined highway city mileage of around 26-27 mpgs in my commutes to and from work (50 mile round trip daily).

2012 saw some maintenance updates including new axels, TPS sensor, CKP sensor, both primary O2 sensors, radiator, and thermostat. Still on the original water pump only because the dealership did not recommend replacement when it was in for it's 120k mile service. The timing belt is not scheduled for replacement until 160k miles. I have on file most all dealer service receipts as well. In addition to the aforementioned parts, the driver's side window motor was replaced (@ approx 100k miles), the driver/passenger seat belts (due to a common worn AirBag wire), power steering pump, starter motor, and serpentine belt tensioner.

Car is mechanically 100% and doesn't smoke, no leaks, no CELs (legitimately, no funny business tune work arounds). Current whp output is 212whp & 222 wheel torque on a local Land & Sea dyno (sheet provided). The exterior plastics are showing some signs of age (front bumper, side mirrors, and side gills) from UV damage. I always hand washed the car and waxed it twice each year but unfortunately mother nature is a beyotch. All paint on the unibody however is in great shape with the base coat and clear coat intact. No swirls. This past Oct (2012) my car was featured on kdm-racing.com (http://www.kdm-racing.com/feature_oct21.html#), so the exterior is still presentable. I'm just a perfectionist.

Purchase includes the vehicle as is with all the parts installed AND the following stock components in storage (OEM exhaust, upper intake manifold, four 17x7 OEM rims, and hood) AS WELL AS an NGM 58mm big bore throttle body, a spare set of OEM camshafts (can be sent to Crower for cam regrinds), and finally, 2 extra Enkei RPF1's (17x8 35et) which can be used for winter tires, spare tires, track tires, etc.

Total value of aftermarket parts is well over $4000. KBB is $5200. Asking price is $6500.
  • Mileage: 136,840
  • Exterior Condition: Paint on unibody in great condition. Paint on plastics have clear coat peeling (gills, side mirror, top of front bumper.
  • Interior Condition: Great condition. Some wear from usage. Nothing major.
  • CARFAX: Clean, no accidents.
  • Service: All services done by Pearson Hyundai, Midlothian or myself.
  • Modifications:
    Engine/drivetrain mods:
    -Injen CAI system
    -AEM dry-flo filter
    -NGM Stage 4 upper intake manifold
    -SSA V2 Ceramic coated headers
    -MBRP cat back exhaust
    -Flowmaster Hushpower II resonator
    -Fidanza aluminum flywheel
    -Pennzoil Synchromesh p/n:3501 (gearbox)
    -SPEC Stage 2 kevlar disc, sprung hub, clutch kit
    -Clutch slave cylinder mod
    -NGM N/A reflash tune
    -KJB Delrin shifter bushings

Suspension/wheel/brake mods:
    -Raceland coilover suspension
    -R1 Concepts cross drilled/slotted zinc plated rotors
    -Posi-Quiet Ceramic brake pads
    -Enkei RPF1 17×8 +35 front
    -Enkei RPF1 17×9 +28 rear (+35 with 7mm spacer)
    -BFGoodrich GForce Sport 235/40/17 tires all around.

Interior mods:
    -FFF custom carbon fiber gauge cluster cover
    -SFR short shifter
    -System Upgrade shift knob
    -KDM aluminum dead pedal
    -Redline Goods leather shift boot

Exterior mods:
    -Seibon TS Carbon Fiber hood
    -Aerocatch hood pins
    -FL head lights

Pictures (Taken Oct 2012):

Quick snapshot of exhaust:

Last edited by Koreandude; 02-22-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Car was sold.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon SE 6 speed

TTT
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

Bump
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Bumpity bump.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?
Default 2004 Hyundai Tiburon SE 6 speed

Probably the only Tiburon I've actually liked. Great choice of wheels. And that dyno sheet looks mean!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 AM
Registered Member

Thanks man. The platform is overlooked and underestimated far too often. Every aspect of the car is tuned to take advantage of the excellent chassis and torquey motor to be a fun, reliable daily driver.

I appreciate the compliments on the dyno. With polished and ported heads, Tri-Flow Colt Cam (or Crower) regrinds (spare cams included), plus a 58mm TB (included but not installed), it would smooth out that torque band from 1500-3500 and raise the the hp curve, delivering power all the way to 7200 (there's still a slight drop right now). The key to making that top end power is the hard to find NGM Stage 4 upper IM (the larger plenum allows it to breath past 6k) and it's on the car. Because of the R&D for a small production run and it's hand built yet beautiful TIG welded construction, they're pricey. I was lucky to find one a couple years back for a "great" pre-owned price of $600 bucks. Don't even ask what they go for brand new. lol.

The 2.7L 24v Delta is probably one of the last of the old school DOHC V6's (no variable cam lift/timing, variable intake, direct injection) so it's simple. And while it's no KA24, with the right parts, the power under the curve is hugely versatile. And it's easy to maintain with parts/engines everywhere since it was like in nearly all Hyundai and Kia models save for the Elantra and Accent platforms. With the Fidanza FW on it, this thing also loves to build revs all the way to 7200, and sounds amazing the entire way up. IMO, the exhaust note is one of my favs for a V6, beating out the likes of the VR6, RB26, and VG30. Not quite as buttery as the VQ35 or 2JZ but still satisfyingly sexy.

The GK also did really well in the SCCA, most recently in the 2011 and 2012 Showroom Stock C class taking the pole in 2011 and finishing 3rd in 2012.

Catch the 2012 race here: http://www.speedcasttv.com/#/races/323

Alright, well I'm gonna shut up about this car. If I keep talking, I might just convince myself to just keep it. lol.

Last edited by Koreandude; 02-11-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Registered Member

TTT
Old 02-15-2013, 05:20 AM
Registered Member

BUMP.

It's a great car guys!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Bumpsky.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

Originally Posted by Koreandude
Thanks man. The platform is overlooked and underestimated far too often. Every aspect of the car is tuned to take advantage of the excellent chassis and torquey motor to be a fun, reliable daily driver.

I appreciate the compliments on the dyno. With polished and ported heads, Tri-Flow Colt Cam (or Crower) regrinds (spare cams included), plus a 58mm TB (included but not installed), it would smooth out that torque band from 1500-3500 and raise the the hp curve, delivering power all the way to 7200 (there's still a slight drop right now). The key to making that top end power is the hard to find NGM Stage 4 upper IM (the larger plenum allows it to breath past 6k) and it's on the car. Because of the R&D for a small production run and it's hand built yet beautiful TIG welded construction, they're pricey. I was lucky to find one a couple years back for a "great" pre-owned price of $600 bucks. Don't even ask what they go for brand new. lol.

The 2.7L 24v Delta is probably one of the last of the old school DOHC V6's (no variable cam lift/timing, variable intake, direct injection) so it's simple. And while it's no KA24, with the right parts, the power under the curve is hugely versatile. And it's easy to maintain with parts/engines everywhere since it was like in nearly all Hyundai and Kia models save for the Elantra and Accent platforms. With the Fidanza FW on it, this thing also loves to build revs all the way to 7200, and sounds amazing the entire way up. IMO, the exhaust note is one of my favs for a V6, beating out the likes of the VR6, RB26, and VG30. Not quite as buttery as the VQ35 or 2JZ but still satisfyingly sexy.

The GK also did really well in the SCCA, most recently in the 2011 and 2012 Showroom Stock C class taking the pole in 2011 and finishing 3rd in 2012.

Catch the 2012 race here: http://www.speedcasttv.com/#/races/323

Alright, well I'm gonna shut up about this car. If I keep talking, I might just convince myself to just keep it. lol.
I can tell you really love the platform by how you talk about the Tiburon man. I can only imagine that your genesis will be even better!!

I have been saying the same thing about Hyundai for the longest time. Very under-appreciated cars in our displacement-based American market. But with almost as many donor parts available as Honda, these cars will be becoming more and more recognized as a platform.

Now let me stop talking about it before I buy it. Beautiful car, Glws. And you sir have a great taste in vehicles and mods.

Quick Reply: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon SE 6 speed