Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

2003 Subaru WRX -- EJ257 Fully Built Engine $7500 OBO

Old 04-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisko has disabled reputation
Lightbulb 2003 Subaru WRX -- EJ257 Fully Built Engine $7500 OBO

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Mileage: 111,000 on body
Mileage on Engine: ~4-5,000 since last build, 20,000 total

Mod List
  • 2005 2.5 EJ257 STi Shortblock
  • 2.5 Block built with CP Pistons & Cosworth Main/Rod Bearings
  • Kelford Stage 2 Cams
  • Upgraded Titanium Valves = 1,000 more RPM's
  • Ported 2.5 WRX heads* (Heads were sent to California to be professional CNC'd to 2.5 liter)
  • TGV Deletes
  • Crawford Air Oil Separator (AOS) System*
  • VF39 STi Turbo @ 22lbs boost
  • IAG Uppipe
  • Tial 38mm EWG w/ Dump -- VBAND
  • Modified 750cc Injectors
  • Cusco Strut Bar
  • Prodrive Springs on KYB Struts
  • ACT Stage 2 Race Clutch
  • Fluidyne Radiator
  • TurboXS Front Mount Intercooler
  • Full HKS HiPower Catless Exhaust
  • HKS SSQV 2 BOV
  • Prosport Boost/Oil Pressure
  • Cluster pod for gauges
  • Pioneer headunit -- Mp3 CDs, Aux, Radio, Etc
  • Rota Action Wheels (Bronze-ish Gold) 17 x 8
  • Michellin Pilot Sport PS2 w/ a lot of tread, not many miles
  • Morette headlights with 6,000k HIDs
  • Carbon Fiber wing risers
  • Viper alarm
  • Blue rays wheel lugs/locks

I've spent ~ $20,000 in mods.

The Bad:
  • There's a rebuilt title (worst aspect of the car) -- There's an explanation and it's so retarded. I was jipped by this car repair shop for damages of $8,000 when it wasn't that much (I ended up taking it somewhere else but it was too late and insurance marked it as salvaged cause of this stupid shop -- and it was a deer. A freaking deer ruined my life lol). Car insurance bought it and marked it as total. THE GOOD part is that the rebuild had ZERO mechanical issues. The only reason it was so high was because of the quarter panel damage -- and you know quarter panel is super ridiculous to fix. But now, you can't even tell. This was 2 years ago and as you can see, I've been driving it since then and had no issues.
  • The turbo is running on life's end. It will need to be replaced soon and boost isn't held well. I don't boost at all anyways so I didn't change it myself. To buy a replacement turbo, same as the VF39, you can find one for around $450
  • The body isn't in perfect condition, but there isn't any major malfunction. Typical wear for a 9 year old car.
  • The oil pressure gauge I bought is complete crap and I probably wired it up crappy myself. I have the electricity coming from the head unit so it doesn't read accurately. The mechanic recommended wiring to the ignition switch but... I'm so lazy
  • The viper alarm remote recently broke so I've been using my key to get in. I have an upgraded viper alarm kit at home I never installed, just got it in a month ago. (I really wasn't planning on selling it otherwise I wouldn't have bought it). The viper alarm I bought costs $210. If you want to pay the extra for it, I'll throw it in. The alarm in it has autostart and all that good stuff

As for how I've maintained it, I've done a superb job! Here are some nice little facts:
  • In about the 3.5 years I've had this car, I've only used Motul Race Oil. It was 5W-30 300V Motul before I super built my engine. After the engine build, I run Motul 300V 15W-50. I get an oil change about every 2-3k miles.
  • I check the health of this car once or twice a week, and have grown very well attached to it. It's my baby and it breaks my heart to sell it. Anyone who knows me knows that I've always said, "I'm never selling it, it'll die with me."
  • Since my engine build, there has been maybe.. 4,000 miles on it? The engine was brand new, 0 miles. The first build with piston rings and bearings happened at 1,500 miles. The second build when I went super hardcore, cost me $7,100 for cams, valvetrain upgrade, TGV deletes, headwork, and etc happened like I said, 4000 miles ago. The block probably has around 20,000 miles.
  • The engine can safely hold about 600-700WHP.

My Recommendations:
  • If you're buying this car, I expect you to mod it and hopefully finish the task I wasn't capable of.
  • A bigger turbo means you can tune the redline to 8000, 1000 more than stock. This is because of my valvetrain upgrade. I was going to get the Borg Warner Perrin 5670 turbo which is awesome and expensive. It'll hold 24lbs of boost to 8000 RPMs easy and you'll be doing 400-450whp. My goal was 400 but I guess that won't happen for me anymore
  • I also wanted to get PPG gears which is about a 3700-4000 dollar job, but totally worth it for that extra horsepower you'll be running
  • The car's body has about 111K miles on it, but pretty much everything in the engine bay is fresh.

I love this car and I wasn't planning on selling it. But gas prices being the way they are, my new job, and the fact I want a motorcycle super bad has led me to the conclusion I need to do this. I want a car that won't make me have these modding plans. As you can see, I already planned on spending another 6 grand on it, but I can't afford this hobby anymore. Not going to lie, I might end up trying to buy this thing back from you in 3 years if you take care of it (please do).

My asking price is $7,500 which is negotiable as there are some bad aspects. BUT, KEEP IN MIND, I can easily part this car out for more; but, I want someone to take it as a whole and enjoy what I've poured my sweat and blood into. It's a great project car as I've done the essentials already.

My # is 301 - 335 - 8474, call/text anytime.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by chrisko; 04-09-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: car sold
Old 04-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

USDMsucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: 2003 Subaru WRX -- EJ257 Fully Built Engine $7500 OBO

bump for another bug eye owner
Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 AM
iReallyDGAF.

Kserious54 has disabled reputation

but pretty much everything in the engine bay is fresh.

pics?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

chrisko has disabled reputation

I'll post pics in a bit but yeah, no issues in the engine bay whatsoever.