Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1997 Supra. Original TT/6-speed LE. AEM. Kenisis. HKS. 23k obo

Old 09-23-2011, 08:56 AM
Officially Official

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts
Default 1997 Supra. Original TT/6-speed LE. AEM. Kenisis. HKS. 23k obo

Mike Chamberlin
eleveninches2high(at)yahoo.com
757-3seven5-29seven2
Norfolk Va

VIN:JT2DE82A4V0040041
Mileage: 112,XXX
Price: $23,000 obo

If you have a trade feel free to ask. BUT...there is always a "BUT"...

I have a lien on this car through Navy Federal Cradit Union. Any trade woulds have to have cash on top. The cash would have to pay off my lein...or be damn close to it. The trade would have to equal the difference in what I owe and what Im asking. Like I said, If you have a trade inquire within. We can talk it out.

I hate to break it down like that BUT as you know there are THOSE GUYS out there...

As it does everyone who sells their first Supra, it upsets me to get rid of mine. I fact, I have been trying to put this off for as long as possible.

I have had my car for just over two years and to be honest I havent gotten to use it much at all. In fact, up until I finally decided to sell it, I just sat in the garage. I am beginning to think I bought the car for the wrong reasons in the first place. When I saw it I had to have it. I had the stereotypical vision for the Supra. Beautiful. Powerful. Amazing. All out MONSTER. Well, I am in the Navy. That vision quickly became quite unreasonable. In the past two years I have been home a total of 4 months. 2 weeks here. A weekend there. VERY bad timing for me to buy this car. To make matters worse I have just found out I am going to be stationed in Japan for two years. WTF. Major bummer!!

It has to go. Im sure I could take it with me and have it with me while I am there but if I end up at another command that it just as busy as my last one was, Im screwed. Itll just end up like it is here. Sitting. If it stays here I have find someone reliable to look after it. I dont want to run into any situation that would need me but be a half a word away.

Enough with the sob stories.

I bought the car from Adrenaline Autowerks out of Richmond, Virgina. As far as I know they bought it from a guy in North Carolina. I believe the North Carolina owner bought it from another gentleman from NC who is the original owner. That would put me as the Forth owner. It was the original owner who did all of the major work to it.

Ok, on to what it has...

- Custom Kandy Orange paint job (12 coats)
- Blitz Body kit (molded to body)
- Rear & sides only (front bumper still stock)
- New Toyota Emblems
- 35% Tint all the way(including windshield)

Wheels & Tires:

- Kinesis (3 piece) K20 17 inch high polished wheels
- Nitto Drag radials 315/35/17 (rear) - 275/40/17 (front)

Interior:

- Black Sparco Roadster fixed back seats. The current brackets and sliders are the wrong ones for the car. They position the seats too close to the center console. They work but its odd.
- Sparco Backets (not installed)
- Sparco sliders (not installed)
- Supra front floor mats
- AEM UEGO Wideband
- AEM Digital Boost Gauge- 30psi-Vacuum to 30psi-Boost
- TRD 10,000rpm Tachometer

Transmission:

- 1993 Supra Shifter
- RPS Sport Street Clutch

Engine & Turbo:

- AEM EMS w/ Wideband Hook Up
- HKS Air Intake with VPC adapter
- HKS SSQV Blowoff valve
- HKS Intercooler
- Rod Millen down pipe
- HKS Super Dragger Exhaust
- Buddy Club Electronic Boost Controller
- Kevlar Timing Belt
- Titan Cam Gears
- New Stainless Radiator Hoses

Brakes & Suspension:

- Tanabe Strut Bars (front & rear)
- HKS Hypermax 2 Coilovers
- Rotora front & rear cross-drilled & slotted rotors
- Hawk competition brake pads
- Steel braided brake line kit

Entertainment & Security:

- Python 2-Way Alarm w/ Remote Start
- Pioneer Rear View Back Up Camera
- Pioneer AVIC-Z3 Navigation Unit(w/ XM Unit)
- Pioneer Component Set 6.5" Speakers

From the previous owner:

ALL ENEOS Fluids in Engine, Transmission and Rear Diff.

An AEM EMS was put in, we tuned it on 16psi. Put down 408WHP/378TRQ. Very conservative tune. Our tuner is ridiculously conservative and safe.(Matt Shue)

Also the rear wheel bearings and hubs have been replaced(OEM Toyota) and ARP extended wheel studs added. Also the master and slave cylinder has been replaced(OEM Toyota).

The BAD:

The car HAD a HUGE speaker box and all kinds of audio in it. It was all taken out and from the front seats back was painted black. I have managed to track down a large amount of the rear interior pieces. Some new, Some used but in good/great shape.

Since the body kit was molded quite some time ago there are a few crack and chips. And by a few...I can probable count on one hand how many there are. They body is in great shape. I will take pictures of each and every blemish

The rear window weather striping is coming out. I dont know how to properly get it back into place and I didnt want to chip the glass so I figured I would leave it the pros. I may try to get to this. I feel like such a bum for not getting it taken care of.

The previous owner had some electric fans hooked up very, we'll say, "poorly" with some kind of thermo unit that incorperated a probe inside of the radiator hose. Not only was it shotty, at best. It was probably extremely unsafe. It looked horrible (Im sorry previous owner, but it did). I took all that out and ordered a temp prob sending unit from Summit. I also pick up a upper rad pipe with a bung in it. It is uninstalled but will be included.

There is a driveline vibration under hard acceleration. I really think it is the carrier bearing. I just dont know what else it could be. It runs and shifts great. The rear end dosent bind up while turning or going straight. The carrier bearing has got to be the culprit.

Dead battery. Its just dead. No other explaination.

There was some sort of reverse camera mounted in the key hole for the trunk. I removed it. I dont have another key tumbler to replace it.

The car smokes for about 5-10 seconds upon start up. Nothing bad, but it is noticeable. Now, I am not sure if its due to leaky valve stem seals (As we all know, A common problem around this mileage) or if its just an improperly tuned "cold start" in the AEM.

Here are some threads from the previous owners.
The third owner:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...ion-TT-6-Speed

The second owner:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-6-Speed-Turbo

From the previous owners links you get a fairly good idea of what the car looks like and what each one of them did to it. I will be taking some more pictures to show the body imperfections and how it looks now (interior wise). If you have any picture requests please let me know and I will try my best to accomidate those requests.

Here are a few I have and some to hold you over...

If there is anything else you would like to know please, feel free to ask. Odds are I forgot to add something so I will update the post accordingly.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Good Enough; 10-14-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:17 PM
iReallyDGAF.

Kserious54 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1997 Supra. Original TT/6-speed LE. AEM. Kenisis. HKS. 23k obo

looks good as fack.glws and bump for being tuned by shue.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered Member

SupraTech has disabled reputation

WOW!
bump for clean ass car
Old 09-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Officially Official

Good Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these partsGood Enough is infamous around these parts

Thanks guys.

Spread the word.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX

I'll trade you my left nut! And my first born with cash on top lol
Old 09-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Officially Official

How much cash on top?
Old 09-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX JFL88CRX

5k on top!
Old 09-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM

Any current pics of the interior??
Old 09-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Officially Official

If the weather is nice tomorrow ill get some.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:37 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Kudos to you for knowing how to make a legit for sale thread. Hope it sells quickly

Quick Reply: 1997 Supra. Original TT/6-speed LE. AEM. Kenisis. HKS. 23k obo