VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Import - ASIA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/import-asia-65/)
-   -   1994 Miata with OEM Hardtop (w/ defrost) boltons, & Megasquirt MS3X w/ wideband O2 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/import-asia-65/1994-miata-oem-hardtop-w-defrost-boltons-megasquirt-ms3x-w-wideband-o2-491116/)

User 102020 07-20-2016 08:07 AM

1994 Miata with OEM Hardtop (w/ defrost) boltons, & Megasquirt MS3X w/ wideband O2

5 Attachment(s)
Name: Coleman
Means of contact: PM
Price: $5000

Hey everyone.

Sadly selling my Miata in order to finance a move to Colorado. Want it to go to someone who will love and appreciate it as much as I do.

Car is a '94 1.8 with 16X,XXX miles. I bought it at around 152,000 miles for $5,000, and after buying added several mods of my own, the most substantial (price-wise) being the Braineack-built MS3X ECU and AEM wideband O2 w/ digital AFR gauge. Considering the mileage I added and taking into account the mods I added, I think $5,000 is a fair asking price. The car is in the same shape mechanically and cosmetically as it was when I purchased it. Hardtop with defrost included with car. Car has manual steering.

Mods are as follows (as far as I can remember, I may forget something small):

-Generic intake (MAF removed for improved airflow, no longer needed as the MS3X uses MAP)
-Raceland header
-Straight pipe in place of cat (disguised to look like a catalytic converter)
OBX 2.25" dual exhaust
-Megasquirt MS3X
-AEM Wideband O2 sensor and AEM digital AFR gauge mounted on top of left-side of gauge pod

-Matching OEM hardtop with working defrost
-Turn-signal intakes (unpainted)
-OEM R trunk spoiler
-Tint on sides and hardtop glass (not sure of % but it's dark)
-Front and rear R-package lip spoilers
-Yellow Beat-Rush tow hooks, front and rear (rare, over ~$120 new IIRC)
-Wide 5-panel rearview mirror
-New head-unit with CD-player, and USB input
-Subwoofer in box, sits behind the seats (see pics). Sounds pretty great especially with hardtop on. All other speakers are stock.

-Raceland adjustable coilovers (unsure of exact model but they work just fine)
-15x8 XXR 531s wrapped in 195/45 Nexen N3000 summer tires, have decent tread left
-Will also include 2 spare tires, 1 x Brand new Nexen N3000 and 1 x Falken Ziex ZE912 with over 50% tread left

That's all, so far as I can remember. On to condition:

The car was repainted a couple years before I bought it. Car was originally red, the repaint color seems to be slightly brighter of a red than the OEM color. Repaint was not a super-high-quality job, but it looks great and remains in pretty good shape...just not perfect. There is a bit of chipping on the hardtop right behind the driver-side window. Tint is in reasonable shape, but is starting to peel a bit at the top of the driver's window.

Car drives wonderfully, feels great, although of course the suspension is quite hard and jostly due to how low it is. If you're willing to raise the height up a bit it feels much better.

Engine feels great and pulls smoothly to redline. It has burned a fair amount of oil ever since I purchased it, but has not gotten any worse over the course of my ownership. Goes through approximately a quart of oil per full tank of gas, but may turn out to burn less for you depending on how you drive. This does not affect the way the car drives whatsoever. I suspect it may be stuck piston rings (a pretty common problem), and this can sometimes be fixed using Magic Mystery Oil, although I never attempted the fix...a quick google search will show you how it's done. Have always used synthetic oil.

There is no rust whatsoever on the car. In great shape.

It has A/C, which functions fine as far as I know, although I never used during my ownership. It simply needs a charge, and it should be just fine.

As far as the tune on the MS3X, the car starts quickly upon turning the key, and drives quite smoothly, with pretty nice and snappy throttle response. The tune is not perfect, but is very drivable as is. A professional tune will likely increase power even more and improve gas mileage as well.

This car has served me well over the course of my ownership, has given me absolutely ZERO problems whatsoever, and provided me with many miles of fun.

Car is located in Pittsburgh, PA. You must come here to pick it up, as I currently have a suspended license and am unable to drive.

If I'm forgetting anything or you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks for looking!