Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1992 Nissan 240sx Hatchback

Old 07-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Cool story Hansel.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28
Default 1992 Nissan 240sx Hatchback

Name: Chris Cotrupi
Means on contact: PM, reply to this thread, or call/text 757 788 9847
Trades: Sorry, no trades.
Price: $1800 OBO

Up for sale is my 1992 Nissan 240sx hatchback. Exterior is black, as is the interior. It has an un-cracked dashboard as well as s14 seats. The front and rear seats are in great condition, no tears in the fabric. There is a nice Alpine radio installed with an iPod cable hookup. The exterior still has a nice clear coat, but the roof, fenders, hood, and bumper are faded. There are a few minor dents on the fenders, but nothing major. The car has never been in an accident, and never been modified in any way. Mileage is 178XXX on both the engine and chassis, but the engine will need replacing. More on that later. The car is automatic right now, but I will include all of the 5 speed swap parts with the sale. I have the clean title in hand.

The engine recently had a pretty major failure, the upper timing chain guide snapped off and got caught in the idler sprocket. This resulted in the first row of sprocket teeth to all disintegrate, and the 2nd row has quite a few teeth missing. When the guide stopped the chain, the exhaust cam also snapped in two right after the sprocket. I'm not sure what the condition of the valves are, I didn't bother taking the head off after seeing how much damage was done to the timing components. None of the cam lobes were pushing the valves down more than a few millimeters, so it's possible that the cams stopped rotating at just the right time and no damage was done, but it really doesn't matter after seeing how badly damaged everything else is. The cost of new timing components and machining the head and everything would most likely exceed the cost of a new engine, so I'm not going to bother fixing this one.

I wouldn't consider this car a shell because it has everything, just the engine is broken. I've contacted a few people about engines, but I have another s13 to worry about so I don't feel like putting in the time and effort into this one to fix it. If it doesn't sell like this within a few weeks I will most likely get the other engine, swap it, and re-list it as a running car, but then the price would go up as well. Other than the engine the car is in perfect mechanical shape. It was previously used as a daily driver, it's never seen any track time.

As you can see in the last two pictures, the engine is pretty messed up. The piece of metal in the last picture is what used to be the timing chain guide, I found it stuck between the chain and the idler sprocket. Everything else on the engine is fine though; intake and exhaust manifolds, all sensors, injectors, etc. Basically all that woud be needed is a new longblock, and those are pretty cheap on craigslist. Feel free to ask any questions, request more pictures, or anything else. Thanks for looking.

-Chris
Old 07-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28
Default Re: 1992 Nissan 240sx Hatchback

Bump, call or text if you're interested.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

bump for a good guy.

tripp
Old 07-23-2010, 06:02 AM
Registered member

00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ

glws man