Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1989 Dodge Colt Turbo AWD

Old 12-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1slocolt has disabled reputation
Default 1989 Dodge Colt Turbo AWD

For sale is a 1989 Dodge Colt Turbo that has been converted to AWD using the drivetrain from an Eagle Talon. The car was converted 1.5 years ago. The car is highly modified, designed around straight line acceleration, and intended for moderate street use. The chassis has 130.8k miles, with roughly 2100 of those miles on the AWD platform.

Starting with powertrain modifications and specifications; it has an OE 1990 4g63 longblock with some slight modifications to the engine and cyinder head. Front and rear balanceshafts have been removed, and all engine gaskets replaced during the AWD installation. The cylinder head was cleaned and rebuilt with a Brian Crower valve spring and retainer set and Brian Crower 280 intake and exhaust camshafts, along with Findanza adjustable cam gears. The head is bolted down on a OEM mitsubishi head gasket via ARP head studs. The stock intake manifold has been replaced with a Forrester cast aluminum piece along with a rebuilt 1990 non-turbo throttlebody, and a bar and plate 24x3.5x12 front mount intercooler reduces charge temperatures. The exhaust manifold is a custom T4 piece, which turns the turbo around so the inlet is on the drivers side, like an Evo, and bolted to it is a precision PT61 turbo utlizing an E cover and .68 v-band outlet turbonetics turbine housing. The turbo is in absolutely mint condition, and has been that way ever since its installation on the vehicle in 2005. Behind the turbo is a custom 3" exhaust, runnning a vibrant resonator and dynomax ultraflow 3" muffler. The cooling system is simple, consisting of a 2.5" thick, 3 core aftermarket honda radiator, manufactured by Haste, with a 12" Mr. Gasket pusher fan.

In regards to tuning and fuel, the vehicle has a 12 gallon JAZ fuel cell, mounted in the location of the spare tire well, with modified OE fuel level sending unit. -6an stainless fuel lines are used throughout the car with a Bosch 044 330lph fuel pump in line, and a Golan high flow fuel filter. The fuel rail is stock, housing FIC evo 950cc injectors, and on the other end is an Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. The ecu is a 1990 eprom ecu, socketed, and runs a speed density setup using custom eprom coding via www.foreignmuscle.com. Currently the car is tuned on 26psi for 93 octane fuel at 11.6:1 air/fuel ratio. Estimated wheel horsepower is 450, and estimated trap speed around 130.

The drivetrain starts with a stock 1991 Eagle Talon transmission and transfer case running out back with a custom length driveshaft and 4 bolt rear end. The stock transmission does not grind gears, shifts relatively well, although high RPM shifts into 2nd will require a slight hesitation, as a worn 2nd gear hub and slider need some attention in order for the vehicle to be successfully drag raced.

The suspension out back is Koni yellow rear struts and 500lbs 12" Ground control springs on a coilover sleeve. The front runs a OE strut and a 6" aftermarket spring with a coilover. The brakes are stock 1g DSM brakes, and the wheels are 16" Kosei K1s, with like new Cooper Zeon tires.

In regards to appearance of the vehicle, well its a 1989 Dodge Colt, so it isn't going to be perfect. Obviously the dash pad is cracked in several locations, all 3rd generation Colts are. The vehicle, before I bought it in 2004, was in a minor fender bender, which was taken care of before I purchased the car, and given a fresh paint job, Corevette Red. There is a slight crinkling of the metal on the driver side headlight housing. The windshield does have a crack as well. All of these things occured before I purchased the car. I have removed the rear seat in the interior, and now resides a battery box. I also replaced the driver side seat with a grey 1g DSM unit. The car could use some tinted side windows as well. The front bumper cover has been replaced with a black 1990 Plymouth laser unit in order for me to mount the intercooler, but I do have the OE front cover.

The car runs very well, is pretty quick, and a lot of fun. This is one of the cleanest fabrication AWD converted 3rd Gen Colts/Mirages in the country. Asking ~$5500

I can be emailed for pictures and futher inquiries at fourg63colt@aol.com.

Jason
Old 12-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Banned

1sickmcx 1sickmcx 1sickmcx 1sickmcx 1sickmcx 1sickmcx
Default Re: 1989 Dodge Colt Turbo AWD

need pics or this is getting closed.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

800hphatch has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1989 Dodge Colt Turbo AWD

going to get closed if dont post pics!!!!!