Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1988 Mitsubishi Starion

Old 01-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
saltfish has disabled reputation
Default 1988 Mitsubishi Starion

Looking to gauge the waters on my Starion...I continue to pump money into it but I want to get back my Grand National (which I still have parts for). Let me know your best offer. Car is in Alexandria, VA

The Good - 1988 Mitsubishi Starion (same as Chrysler Conquest TSI) an old school Japanese RWD car

The car has 95k original miles. The motor was professionally rebuilt with balanced crank, new pistons, 274 schneider cam, ported NJV head and more about 10k miles ago.

The transmission is an automatic that was also rebuilt with a shift kit.

Exhaust is custom 3" downpipe to a complete 3" exhaust with magnaflow muffler.
Also has brand new 4" polished intercooler and bigger aluminum semi-polished hard pipe kit. New Radiator - stays cool all the time

Custom T3 log exhaust manifold with a new (less then 1k miles) Garrett GT28RS (disco potato) no bs ebay turbo here! The turbo alone was $1250

Also has an apexi SAFC-II (air fuel controller to tune), halmeter a/f meter, K&N filter attached to a 1st Gen Eclipse Turbo MAS.

new front strut isolators and a new chrome end braided stainless steel coolant line (not seen in pics yet)
Leather interior is in pretty good shape. Digital climate control works and ac blows cold, heat blows hot.

The bad - The car needs a new front air dam so I ordered a whole new fiberglass bumper. It hasn't arrived yet but will be included in the sale. This was pretty expensive
The car needs paint but is straight and once the new bumper is on this it will be a nice paint and will look great. The car needs to be tuned. I had it tuned but it turns out the cam tooth was off about 5 degrees. I fixed that and now it needs to be tuned again but you'll need either a wideband and knowledge with the SAFC-II or a dyno and shop tech. It has new plugs and wires.
The antenna mast is broken so the motor works but you needs to order a new antenna from Rockville Mistubishi for $30

Email with any questions. Like I said I don't really need to sell but if I get the right amount of money and I can get my GN back...

I have over 7,000 dollars in receipts and I have the repair manuals. The car
has current VA emissions and inspection.

Last edited by saltfish; 01-19-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

saltfish has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1988 Mitsubishi Starion

A new bump..woman says we need a front wheel and/or awd vehicle. So open to trade offers...must be auto trans...send email offers to saltfish77@yahoo.com
Old 01-19-2009, 06:47 PM
The world is yours

Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin
Default Re: 1988 Mitsubishi Starion

^^tell the woman to get back in the kitchen^^