Notices
Import - ASIA Vehicles from Japanese, Korean, Chinese(?) manufacturers go here.

1988 Mazda Mx-6 GT TURBOCHARGED, boost controller,boost gauge, HID's, LOTS OF PICS!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoloJeans2006 has disabled reputation
Cool 1988 Mazda Mx-6 GT TURBOCHARGED, boost controller,boost gauge, HID's, LOTS OF PICS!

Name: Jermaine
Means of contact: PM...I check often so I'll respond quickly!
Price: 2700 obo...negotiable. If offering a trade, this baby is my daily so I need something that is drivable, current inspection, all that good stuff.
Trades interested in: Anything...kinda want to get back in the Honda game, but also interested in a 4 wheel drive for the upcoming winter...SUV's particularly, but game for trucks also.I WILL trade my car for a bike and a daily beater!
Miles on car: 206,xxx and counting. This is my daily! Had all gaskets changed before I got this car in 2010

Car: 1988 Mazda Mx-6 GT 5 speed..yep, came stock turbocharged and intercooled.
Details: This is your dream car..or atleast reliable quick little daily.

The Good
-Car is quick...barks 2nd gear like it's nothing.
-No rust at alllll
-Comes with power everything..locks, windows, sunroof, 3 way electronically adjustable suspension, heat and AC. The works.
=Mint seats, verrrry comfy and they hold you in like FUCK around curves.
-I've installed a tinted 7 color changeable boost gauge I bought from glowshiftdirect.com
-I've installed aA/F ratio meter I picked up from advance.
-I also installed an 8000k HID kit hooked up to my lowbeams
-When you go to use the highbeams you get just stock yellowish highbeam lights..perfect for when you're riding dirty and you don't want the pigs to hassle you over your lights..but for the record, I've yet to be pulled over for them and have had them on for over half a year so you should be fine too (depending on if your cops are dicks or not).
-Added boost controller to engine bay...pushing the stock 6lbs, but can safely go to 12-13 with a twist of the knob
-I'm also including a Zombie chipped ECU that I've yet to hook up. On the mazda forums i've been on, it allows you to then run atleast 15-18lbs of boost, and overall just makes the car a mean beast.
-NOW has FRESH inspection sticker (10/12)!
-Only have turned my boost up once..just to 10 lbs to make sure it works...and oh yes, she does.

The bad: (Full disclosure b/c I believe in honesty)
-In the process of removing back window tint
-Drivers side window goes down, but needs help going back up..damn regulator
-Sunroof motor is picky...sometimes works simply by using the button and sometimes doesnt..BUT i have the mechanics of it exposed in the car so all it takes is an allen key (included haha) to get the sunroof to open and close.
-Upon starting car up and cutting it off, antenna actuator motor buzzes for 60 sec trying to push up/pull down antenna. The antenna stays up all the time so the buzzing is just a 60 sec annoyance.
-Gas needle doesnt work, BUT GAS LIGHT DOES. Have NEVER ran out of gas on this car since having it, I just know that once the light turns on that I have about another 20 miles before im on empty.
-Hose from radiator top to overflow tank is gone. Not too big of a deal. Every now and then some antifreeze comes from the exposed hole in the top of the radiator. Never enough to make the have to refill often or have my car overheat.
-AC needs to be recharged.
-A/F ratio gauge acting gayishly. May need to be rewired.
-Front right axle is clicking (common Mazda problem) and back right wheel makes a sound while driving..heard it may be a bearing or just a flat spot on tire. Car has drove like that since I bought it a year ago and still rides like a champ! Oh and the bushings could be replaced for the shifter..little more play in my shifter than I like, but once in gear it NEVER pops out of gear!

The Ugly-
Back passenger quarter panel got punched. You SHOULD be able to knock it out pretty legitly just by opening the drunk, and knocking it outward from the inside.

All and all, its a sound car. Now for the pics..and let the offers begin! I'll respond quickly!

Last edited by PoloJeans2006; 11-27-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: now also for sale
Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Default Re: 1988 Mazda Mx-6 GT TURBOCHARGED, boost controller,boost gauge, HID's, LOTS OF PIC

bump for PM's...keep em coming! Offer any trade!
Old 10-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Zoom Zoom

Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky Kaedenky
Default Re: 1988 Mazda Mx-6 GT TURBOCHARGED, boost controller,boost gauge, HID's, LOTS OF PIC

If you decided to sell it outright I would be interested.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kaedenky
If you decided to sell it outright I would be interested.
If I line up another car to immediately buy...i may decide to sell it...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

late night just-got-outta-work bump
Old 10-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

These are cool. Bump4U.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WanganRunner
These are cool. Bump4U.
Thanks! Hoping to get rid of her soon..just kind of in the mood for something new! Ppl keep sending your offers...worst i can say is no thanks!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

ttt
Old 10-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Bump
Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

bump for updated "interested in"