Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

Turbocharged '98 Integra Sedan Track Car

Old 07-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeaitsahonda has disabled reputation
Default Turbocharged '98 Integra Sedan Track Car

Name: David
Means of contact: Reply here/PM
Price: $6000

I am selling my track toy. It has just under 105k miles. Will need inspected and a cat installed to be "street legal". I'm looking to get into a spec race series so don't really need/want two cars without tags on them. Any questions feel free to ask. I should be getting some more pictures this weekend. It is still on the trailer from the last track day because it has been too hot for me to want to deal with unloading everything.

Videos can be seen here:http://www.youtube.com/user/yeaitsahonda/videos

I am not "really" interested in a trade, but am open to offers. Miata? E30? Something good for Spec3? If you think there is a competitive series for it let me know and I will consider it.

Description:

Engine: +Everything between the valve cover and oil pan are OEM, never touched. This means that it is not an engine that somebody threw together with "quality" parts, ran a few hundred miles, and is trying to unload.
+ The valve cover has been tapped with two -10AN fittings on the front that attaches to a custom oil catch can that is mounted where the washer bottle was. SS braided line connects the two
+ The oil pan has been replaced with a Moroso 6-quart baffled pan. It has 3 1/2"NPT bungs in it. One on the back is used for the Oil Temp Gauge. One on the front is the turbo drain and the third is unused.
+ Amsoil Dominator 10-30 racing oil
+ Hasport engine mounts keep everything sitting where they should be.

Transmission: +Stock Gs-R transmission with an Exedy 4-Puck race clutch.

Turbo Kit: +The turbo kit is a Turbonetics kit. I am not sure about the size of the turbo because it has been a few years since I bought it and I don't have the best memory. Anybody that seems seriously interested is more than welcome to go for
a test ride to see how it spools. I feel like it spools quickly coming out of turns, but don't really get on it on the street so I don't know how it would feel around 2000 rpm's.
+The wastegate and blow off valve are both Turbonetics Evolution units. The BOV is loud and very entertaining.
+The intercooler has been upgraded to a Spearco. It has no problem with track duties.
+AN fittings and SS braided line for both the oil feed and return lines.
+3" downpipe feeding a 3" Thermal R&D exhaust that was made for the sedan. All hangers are used and it does NOT come in contact with anything.
+Open dump tube

Cooling: +The car is equipped with a Mishimoto dual-core full width radiator. Before it had a simple Del-Sol half size dual core and it couldn't handle the track heat. With this radiator and the modified front bumper letting more air in, the water temp
barely reaches 210� during a 30 minute session.
+ There is also a 19 row Earls oil cooler with a 180� thermostat on it. Between the two coolers the car runs great and doesn't even think about overheating. In order to plumb the oil cooler in a remote oil filter kit was installed.
+ The front bumper has been cut and had a grill installed in order to get more airflow to the coolers. If this isn't your cup'o'tea, you could probably get away with putting a stock bumper back on it. The hole was cut before the larger radiator
was installed and I think it would be fine without the additional air now.

Suspension: +Ground Control Coil-overs
+Koni Yellow Struts
+Eibach 500lb front springs and 600lb rear. These are practically brand new and only have one event on them. Also included will be the ones that came off that are 350lbs front and rear.
+Type R rear sway bar with a reinforcement kit. I believe it was BSQ maybe? I forget who made the reinforcement kit, but it has stood up to three years on track and still looks great.
+Type R front strut bar.
+Skunk2 front camber kit
+Hard Race rear LCA's

Wheels/Tires:+15x7" Rota Slip Stream wheels
+205/50R15 Nitto Nt-01 tires with about half of their life left.

Interior:+Partially gutted-No radio rear seats, headliner, sun visors, rear shelf cover, or carpet. Sunroof is still installed and working.
+Battery was relocated to the floor board behind the passenger seat.
+Sparco Sprint V racing seats. Great for when you are using the suspension and turbo to their full potential.
+G-Force cam lock 5-point harnesses.
+ Custom harness bar painted frost white to match the car.
+ Gauges: Air/fuel, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Oil Pressure, Boost Pressure. Two are mounted in the cluster bezel. The other three can be seen in youtube videos on the dash. They were placed here for easy visibility.

Ecu:+ The car has an OBD1 Vtec Ecu with knock board. I don't remember the number.
+It is tuned using Hondata S300.
+The boost solenoid is wired in and has been tested to work, but I didn't want more than the 8psi wastegate spring so it is not being used right now.

Fuel:+Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Brakes:+Type R front calipers
+ Carbotech endurance pads up front
+Rear brakes are stock Gs-R

Pictures: I don't have any "good" current pictures. Here is a link to the photobucket album that has some that I uploaded at random points in the cars progress. The ones with the grill put in the front bumper are the most up to date. http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/p...honda/Integra/

Also, if interested, I have a 1994 sedan that I had planned on pulling some parts from that can be included or sold separately AFTER the turbo car is sold. If the turbo car doesn't sell, then I will be keeping it to continue what I had planned.

Thanks for looking,

David
Old 07-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Registered member

Default Re: Turbocharged '98 Integra Sedan Track Car

Wednesday bump.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:07 AM
RAMNATION

deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy

Saw you at a recent TrackDaze up at VIR in June I believe. I don't think we were on the track at the same time though. I was with the LSB M3. Was going to come and check the car out but didn't get the time! Looked legit! If that was you that is.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered member

Yea that was me. The car got a good test that day. My buddy had his Porsche break on the second lap of the first session. He switched to a different run group and drove my car the rest of the day. It was on track for 4 hours that day and the only problem was that the vacuum line for the wastegate got too hot and had a hole burned in it. I can't wait to get back down there. I have a lot to learn about that track and a lot of time to shave off of my lap times.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Mint Chocolate

vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd vw4clyd

interesting car.. good luck getting $6000 for it though
Old 07-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by vw4clyd
awesome car.. you'll definitely get $6000 for it!
I fixed it for you.

!!CAR WILL BE PARTED OUT!!

Last edited by Yeaitsahonda; 07-21-2012 at 08:30 AM.