VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda-101/)
-   -   True ITR RHD (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda-101/true-itr-rhd-456919/)

IT Ninja 11-05-2012 12:15 PM

True ITR RHD

2 Attachment(s)
Cars gone please close thread.

IT Ninja 11-05-2012 12:16 PM

Re: True ITR RHD

I'm sorry I had an issue with a vacuum hose the other day, didn't mean to say the hose.

RHDEG6 11-05-2012 01:00 PM

I don't understand how he had it titled and registered and you can't get it done? He lives in va as well so it should be the same process, unless you just got fucked royally

BAN HAMMER 11-05-2012 01:01 PM

If ANYONE has any concerns about anything with this car that rico cant answer, please PM me. I hate to see the car go so fast, its an amazing car.

BAN HAMMER 11-05-2012 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by RHDEG6 (Post 7983544)
I don't understand how he had it titled and registered and you can't get it done? He lives in va as well so it should be the same process, unless you just got fucked royally

car was titled, registered, insured and daily driven by me for 2 years. Nothing "shady" about the car.

The shop he's trying to get the emissions done at must be a bunch of idiots is the only thing I can think of.

6_speedeg 11-05-2012 01:31 PM

rico??this is rodney lol didnt know you bought this..

WALL-E 11-05-2012 01:40 PM

There is no emissions requirement in Chesterfield county where I live, and a lot of other counties in VA. It could be the owner just lived in one of those, and never had the need to get emissions done. If you go to the DMV when you are titling the vehicle, and say it will be garaged in another county; it goes around the emissions requirement. Have done it once before when I lived in Nova, and just said the car was down at VCU in Richmond City, and would never be in Nova. Not sure if the laws are still the same.

BAN HAMMER 11-05-2012 01:41 PM

I had it graged in fredericksburg, which didnt require emissions. PO had it registered in fairfax and he said it passed emissions when he owned it as well, so I think the shop is just retarded.

WALL-E 11-05-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch (Post 7983602)
I had it graged in fredericksburg, which didnt require emissions. PO had it registered in fairfax and he said it passed emissions when he owned it as well, so I think the shop is just retarded.

That's what I figure. Even j-spec motors pass emissions. Might be a bad o2 reading from their machine, etc, its not like this R is boosted, etc. Its basically a stock motor that should have 0 problems passing emissions.

IT Ninja 11-06-2012 10:15 AM

It's not the motor not passing emissions they won't even begin the test without verifying the VIN number. Since it's a true type R everything is in Japanese except the VIN that's on the firewall which was cut into the metal. I tried another place today where they are normally more chill but they wouldn't dyno it with no vin on the car to verify without documentation.