Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue

Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts
Default My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue

CAR IS SOLD!!!!!!!!

Well I got more cars than I need and I want to pay off some credit card bills. So I am selling the Civic.

1999 Honda Civic Si
Mileage: 130,000-ish
Condition: Great.
Asking Price: $7500 with turbo kit (See details below)
Realistic Price: $6000 with the turbo kit OR $5000 without the turbo kit (I WILL NOT go lower).
Trades: None. I have enough cars.

Things I don't like about it:
  • There is a dent in the hood from when I used my weight to latch the hood, it was a month after I got the car. I didn't know how fragile the metal on these cars were. I have been told NUMEROUS times that it would cheap and easy to have it pulled out.
  • Various dings and scratches (it's a 11 year old car)
  • Shift knob is falling apart.
  • Si Badge was stolen (tards)
  • UGLY UGLY exhaust manifold heat shield. (If you do not buy the turbo kit, I will order you a new OEM one, I can't stand the way it looks.)
  • I am using a full size spare with an all season tire, one of my new Sport tires caught a nail 1 month after I put them on.
  • Valve cover looks like it was touched up. I would have it repainted myself. I know a guy that does it for $50 in nearly any color (including wrinkle black or red).
  • Needs new passenger headlight
  • Radaiator mount was not on the car when I bought it, some one JUST pointed this out to me. Not sure how I missed it for 4 years.
  • OEM Si Front lip was missing when I bought the car.
  • Needs new Floor mats. Driver side is WORN out, plus I am missing one rear one.

Good things:
  • I have kept GOOD maintenance on this car. Car had new T-belt assembly (including all new drive belts) installed at 109,000-ish miles. Last year, I installed new OEM spark plugs, Fuel filter. Even fully replaced/flushed all fluids (brake, clutch, coolant)
  • Oil change every 3000-3500 miles using Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil and Oil Filter.
  • The way this car handles. Granted I am on Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, but I was truly caught off guard on how this car can take corners. I seriously embarrassed so higher ended cars in the twistiest with this car.
  • Full size spare.
  • I recently find one of the shaft seals was leaking on the transmission. I replaced both seals. Plus the rear main seal and put in a new OEM clutch. Flywheel resurfaced to specification.
  • I just recently FULLY FULLY detailed this car. (See pictures)

Upgrades:
  • Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec (minus 1 tire, needs to be replaced I would not repair a performance tire, but it's your call)
  • Drilled/Slotted Rotors
  • Hawk HPS Pads
  • AEM Short Ram with K&N Filter
  • Magnecor 8.5mm wire
  • Optima Yellow Top Battery
  • Prototype Cat-back exhaust.

Pictures:

Here is a few pictures showing how much work I put into detailing the interior.

I even spent time cleaning the door jams out of dirt.

Here is the results:

Engine Bay is spotless (minus the FREAKING hideous heat shield).

Exterior (sorry of the dark pics, they didn't look that way when we took them).
The good thing is you can see the excellent reflection of the cars finish.

Last edited by laserspeeddemon; 10-29-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts
Default Re: My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue

Turbo Kit:

I was building my own turbo kit. The turbo kit was based around a proper sized turbo that looking to put on the B16A2. It is a TD05HR-16g from an EVO 7. I picked this up from a guy at RalliArt while I was leaving in Germany. The turbo came off a BRAND new EVO 7 that the stripped to use for Rally. The turbo ONLY has 8 km on it. This turbo should be able to spool very low in the RPM band and still make north of 400 FWHP.

The turbo kit is 90% complete. It comes with:
  • TD05HR-16g Turbo
  • After market J-pipe for a TD05HR-16g Turbo
  • 3x31x12 Front Mount Intercooler
  • Brushed Intercooler Piping
  • Poilshed Pipe with DSM 1g BOV flange welded on to it.
  • T-bolt Clamps
  • 3 layer silicon couplers (blue)
  • DSM 1g BOV
  • DSM 450cc Injectors
  • VDO Boost Gauge
  • Forge Boost Controller.

To finish the kit you need:
  • Exhaust Manifold (I had a plan for this).
  • Down Pipe (any exhaust shop should be able to do this).
  • Fuel Controller (your choice)
  • Also recommend a Wideband A/F, but is not needed.

PICTURES

Attached Thumbnails My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue-1.jpg   My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue-2.jpg   My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue-4.jpg   My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue-5.jpg   My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue-6.jpg  

My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue-7.jpg   My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue-8.jpg  

Last edited by laserspeeddemon; 10-19-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

BONUS VIDEO!!!!

This is the exhaust I have on the car. It was a protortype some guy was selling. The deal was take pictures get a discount, take video get a bigger discount. He was so pleased with my video I got a full refund on the price of the exhaust. (which was wierd because my camera guy SUCKED!!!)

http://www.streetfire.net/video/this-is-a-video-of-a-new-exhaust-sytem-that-i-inst_120924.htm
Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

poop
Old 10-19-2010, 04:47 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

none of your rev-x members want to buy it?
Old 10-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino silverdino

anyone ever tell you that you try too hard?
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by nftuatn
none of your rev-x members want to buy it?
Wasn't for sale at that point. And REV-X is done for the wintah!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by silverdino
anyone ever tell you that you try too hard?
At cleaning the car or writing a post?
Cause neither were hard.

Used to have my own detail business when I was in Germany and I currently do IT work so It was nothing THAT hard. Just time consuming.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

BUMP!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

ttt

Quick Reply: My Super Uber Clean -- 1999 Honda Civic Si (EM1) Electron Blue