Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

97 Civic EX Coupe (please read full ad)

Old 10-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staley86 has disabled reputation
Default 97 Civic EX Coupe (please read full ad)

Name: Chris
Means of contact: Texts Preferred 7o3-5o7-3377
Price: ($2000 ish?) Trade Only. I'm looking for a truck or SUV. Only 4X4's, no 4 cylinders please. Only local trades as well, with in the NOVA area. Nothing with super high miles either. (only thing I trust with high miles is a Honda )

Description: 97 Green Honda Civic EX Coupe 5 speed manual. roughly 240,xxx (mileage will increase, car is a DD)

Good: Runs and drives great, no leaks. Transmission shifts smooth with no grinds. HID's with high beam/ low beam controller, tinted windows, Lowered on Ground Control Coils, LS Meshes with newish Goodyear tires, No name intake, nice cat back exhaust (not loud and obnoxious), top of the line( 4 years ago) Kenwood Excelon head unit, New Polk 6.5" speakers in the front, new passenger window regulator and motor, new NGK spark plugs, New ceramic brake pads, Mobil 1 oil changes every 3k by myself and PO.

Issues: The car is not perfect but nothing major is wrong with it. I want to be up front about everything I am aware of. Needs an alignment after being lowered.There is a little bit of flywheel chatter but no slipping from the clutch. Interior is clean but worn. The head liner sags and has rips, The window visor cloth is ripped as well. CV boots need to be replaced (I will be fixing this since the car is still my DD). The emergency brake handle is missing a tensioner spring so it will not sit all the way down, this does not keep the brakes engaged but the light will stay on unless you keep pushing it down. Front bumper does not fit 100% (due to some missing clips), the gauge cluster was changed by PO so it reads 127k, but the title said about 230k when I put it in my name.

All in all this is a great car, I am just looking for a truck to haul around my tools and stuff. Please no junkers or projects. A couple here and there problems are ok, but I am offering a running and driving car and I will only accept the same in return. AGAIN, ONLY 4X4's PLEASE.

Pictures: [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

ILOVEPENIS -- If this line is still here it means you probably didn't fill out the required information correctly and a mod will be locking your thread shortly. You should probably delete it.

Last edited by Staley86; 10-22-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Registered member

Jerrseyy has disabled reputation
Default re: 97 Civic EX Coupe (please read full ad)

Price is required. Read the rules. Also, just throwing this out there, high mileage on any car means there are problems with it. Its the nature of the beast. Unless it was maintained well and has replaced key parts then mileage is always an issue. You listed your car has interior flaws, well that's a sure sign that high mileage matters. The more its been driven, the more it'll have problems. Not just mechanical. Other then that, the meshes look good on it. Glws, post a price!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness
Default re: 97 Civic EX Coupe (please read full ad)

Price not required for trade

"WTB, FT, FREE Threads - the following information is required to be put in the first post (at the top):
Name
Item you're looking for/trading/giving away
If you're trading a vehicle or wheels a picture is required"
Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: 97 Civic EX Coupe (please read full ad)

Originally Posted by Jerrseyy
Price is required. Read the rules. Also, just throwing this out there, high mileage on any car means there are problems with it. Its the nature of the beast. Unless it was maintained well and has replaced key parts then mileage is always an issue. You listed your car has interior flaws, well that's a sure sign that high mileage matters. The more its been driven, the more it'll have problems. Not just mechanical. Other then that, the meshes look good on it. Glws, post a price!
fair 'nuff. Yeah car is by no means perfect, but I feel like with a 15 year old car people should know that it's not going to be. I adjusted the price and added in the flywheel issue. I made this ad once before and my browser stopped working and I just re-did it in a rush, go figure.

Last edited by Staley86; 10-22-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:35 AM
Registered member

Jerrseyy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
Price not required for trade

"WTB, FT, FREE Threads - the following information is required to be put in the first post (at the top):
Name
Item you're looking for/trading/giving away
If you're trading a vehicle or wheels a picture is required"

lmao,
Old 10-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

Ttt
Old 10-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Bump
Old 10-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered Member

Ttt
Old 10-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Bump
Old 10-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

bump it