VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Honda (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda-101/)
-   -   94 civic coupe hi comp. b20vtec, new paint, carpet, etc... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda-101/94-civic-coupe-hi-comp-b20vtec-new-paint-carpet-etc-438649/)

dustyb20 04-20-2012 07:33 AM

94 civic coupe hi comp. b20vtec, new paint, carpet, etc...

3 Attachment(s)
Name: Shawn
Means of contact: pm, thread, or text (434)305-4687
Price: $ 4000

Description:
First i would like to say that there are MANY people who can vouch for my car, I have owned it for almost 5 years now and the ONLY reason for selling is because I am getting a HELL of a deal on another car that I already have money to purchase. Therefore, I'm in no rush to sell, and will be doing things to this one as time progresses and price may fluctuate accordingly. It is my daily driver, and my regular commute involves about 10 miles a day, so mileage won't increase significantly. I love this car, everyone I've taken for a ride is amazed by the pull, and honestly I'm not going to be upset if I end up keeping it, BUT at same time, the money will upgrade the hell out of the turbo setup of my soon to be A4. I'M GOING TO BE 100% REAL, the car is reliable, doesn't smoke or leak a bit of oil, no weird noises, and well everything about it will be in this article, the buyer will be fully aware of what he/she is buying, period. With that in mind please bare with the small book to follow.

Shell
94 Honda Civic DX (automatic converted to 5spd)
-New Urekem Super Jet Black paint
-Black interior
-OEM mudflaps
-New hood
-Spoon replica front lip
-Type-r rear lip (not installed)
-Fog lights (not installed)
-New OEW carpet (not installed yet, working on it next day off)
-2000 SI front seats
-dx rear seats
-VAFC 2 (zero'd out, used as a tach)
-Pioneer head unit
-Antenna block off

Engine/Transmission
(Osaka told me 31k km, plus the 36,400 miles I've put on setup over the years)
-B20b (bought from Osaka in 2006, fresh enough to eat off of when bought)
-Rspec 84mm ITR replica pistons
-ARP head studs
-B16a1 head (also bought from Osaka in 2006)
-GSR cams
-AEM Trutime adjustable cam gears
-Blox aluminum cam seal
-GSR distributor
-Exedy cltuch w/heavy duty pressure plate
-Fidanza 9.4lb flywheel
-GSR transmission
-Energy Suspension motor mounts
-B16 shift linkage with Edelbrock short shifter and knob

Fuel/Exhaust/Emissions
-AEM fuel rail
-Precision 310cc injectors
-Warlboro 255lph fuel pump
-AEM intake
-Type R replica 4-1 header w/3" outlet
-2.5" straight pipe exhaust w/flowmaster 40 series muffler
-P06 chipped with chrome basemap wrote by Michael Thomas, 1.9lsvtec with fuel and timing adjusted, runs GREAT, has for 5 years, but could use tune

Suspension/Wheels
-Tokico blues all around
-ebay coilovers
-Rhino? adjustable A arms (camber kit)
-polished GSR blades w/fresh tires

Misc. Thing I've Done (besides the above)
-EVERY gasket, seal, hose, fuse, and bulb replaced within last year, from thermostat, manifolds, valve cover, cam seals, coolant lines, bleeder valves, fuses, bulbs, EVERYTHING, new'ish... less then 5k miles, ALL the rest have under 35k or so from when i originally had the pistons installed by Michael and Joseph Thomas
-slave cylinder and master cylinder
-small wire tuck, the main harness for headlights, etc. is ran thru fender wells
-the whole rear section of the car has a personally re fabricated wire harness
-rack and pinion from 95 civic si hatchback and complete new front end suspension, detailed below
-new ignition switch
-rewired the rats nest that was the radio's hook up

History

I purchased the motor originally to go into a project car a buddy and I were building in a 91 hatchback, long story short, wiring problems with the shell, i took the motor out and put it into this coupe shell after it had sat for about 3 years in the hatchback in my garage. i purchased the coupe as a bright orange SOHC vtec and well gave it HELL and spun a rod and needed to get from a to b, so i took a weekend to switch the b20 over after i traded my cable trans for hydraulic ls. Cranked up, no problems what so ever first turn, and drove it solid until following tax season. The shell was bright, the key was broken half off in the ignition, the rear had been completely gutted and stereo had just been ripped out. I replaced the ignition switch, rebuilt the radio harness, and fixed a few small shorts and piddly things i had knowledge to at that time as well as adding fuel pump.

That tax season I ended up buying the pistons, had Michael Thomas press them onto my factory rods, and reinstalled replacing oil pan gaskets etc. That same year I was hit by a woman not paying attention in the front end, more like pinned between her SUV and the curb when she came across 4 lanes of traffic pulling out of post office... the rack and pinion had to be replaced, both axles were busted, and there were minor scrapes on fenders and driver side rim was bent. With the insurance money my shop friends and i bought and fixed everything including new front bumper cover, hood (previous had hood pins, bleh), and fenders. As well installed new axles, new rack from 95 civic hatch SI, lower control arms, and 2 steelies. A month or so later, ended up treating myself to a type r transmission from Hmotors. After about 3 trips to the beach, numerous ones to Richmond, and well about 8 months of the absolute crappiest gas mileage staying in vtec most of the time due to short geared trans, I traded it to a friend for the GSR and little cash. Primed the car as well, cops loved the orange.

A year or so ago i started having idle problems caused by a blown intake manifold gasket, which i replaced and ended up blowing out again about 2 months ago. Since then it has been replaced with a golden eagle gasket and hasn't shown any signs of problems at all.

About 6 months ago i went to have the car painted black, long story short the paint didn't mix properly and well, the car has been taken down to metal properly and was started as a fresh pallet for the man who painted it. The paint job is currently a month old and is going to be dropped off this afternoon to be buffed out to get the minor trash that is in clear out and be waxed. I currently have no carpet inside the car, as the painting process interrupted things while i had free time to install the new layout, but it will be in before the car is sold, hopefully within the week. 2 of the blades are hand polished and complete, the 2 that are on the car are at about 70%, but will be finished as well within the next week. I have a set of front bumper lights for the car but didn't know if i wanted to do the modifications to bumper so that will be dependent upon buyer or if i just decide to say f*ck it one day and do them to see how it looks. I added a new intake, and will be more then likely doing a wire tuck to the engine harness to complete a clean look for engine bay within next few weeks as well.

THE BAD
-Car is a DX, no power window or locks, no sunroof... no a/c or power steering
-Not tuned, even though I have absolute complete faith in this car... I would drive it back and forth to California, Canada, shit Alaska even... BUT going to need a nice amount of money for gas!!! The gas mileage is garbage, but you kind of have to expect that with the car's compression around 11:5.1-12:1
-There are a few minor dings and dents on the car, and black shows it unfortunately. I've got a lot of compliments on my car, especially since paint, but i can see them, you will too, mainly on driver door, and little on the roof
-No reverse lights, or back lighting to gauge cluster, but will work on that
-The climate control needs to be removed so the little metal clip on the back can be reinserted to allow switching between the different positions, as of right now any setting is defrost, easy fix, i just don't want to remove dash board again
-1 burn in driver seat from cigarette, and a small piece is cracked on the underside of dashboard
-Front end needs to be lined up a bit better
-Needs 2 pieces of molding around windshield, and 2 pieces for driver door

FOR THOSE INTERESTED...
I do NOT have track times, because i haven't taken it to track. I'm very much a home body, but my car has been around the area for a while, and definitely holds it's own. Besides pictures, I'll try to post some videos and such later on as well.
NO dyno sheets, as it is only "street tuned", but i know it's putting down great power.

Pictures:

sorry crappy pics, it's about to rain and car is covered with pollen... will post better in near future

b16EFsedan 04-20-2012 09:06 AM

Re: 94 civic coupe hi comp. b20vtec, new paint, carpet, etc...

great seller...i personally and through many friends have bought and traded parts/services with this guy many many times....glws

also if you need any help i could come over and knock the carpet out in a hour

edit: great thread format as well

dustyb20 04-20-2012 09:54 AM

much appreciated brother, we'll have to get up sometime next week for carpet or let ya check it out after finished

da93teg 04-20-2012 12:02 PM

paint turned out good man
this car runs its ass off it was done right the first time with the right parts
glws man
this is a perfect car and i know that the buyer will be very happy

dustyb20 04-21-2012 02:40 AM

thanks, early morning bump

dustyb20 04-22-2012 09:34 AM

ttt

dustyb20 04-23-2012 02:31 AM

ttt

dustyb20 04-24-2012 10:58 AM

ttt

dustyb20 04-26-2012 05:28 AM

ttt

dustyb20 04-27-2012 12:19 PM

ttt