Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

'93 K20 EJ1 Civic Coupe

Old 12-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA_K_FTW has disabled reputation
Default '93 K20 EJ1 Civic Coupe

Name: Nick
Location: Durham, NC (occasionally in Hickory/Mooresville area for weekends)
Contact: Email perza@email.unc.edu, will check PM's and thread occasionally

Interested in trading for: (prefer trades to have a/c or at least sunroof & MUST have a back seat or ability to be installed)
-clean 98-up, close to stock gsr, type r replica or jdm front
-rhd eg hatch
-nice swapped eg Si (prefer b16b or b16, but will consider other swaps)
-stock eg Si with some cash on top depending on the condition and how "stock" it is (yes with some cash on top, your clean, stock sohc can get you a k swap)
-99-00 Si (no EX conversions aren't worth the same as an EM1)
-E36 BMW M3 (I can add a little cash on top depending on condition) or E46 330ci
-I'll consider other clean cars too as long as they're of a similar value. I'm also willing to accept trades with cash on top.
Please no EK Hatches, ef's, da's, or primer cars unless they're in excess of 300whp.

Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1993 Honda Civic EX
Miles: 146,000 on chasis, 38,000 on engine (will continue to go up because it's my daily driver)
Price: Trade preferred, Value: I paid $8k for it about 6 months ago and have put $1k into parts such as interior, cf hood, tune, etc.. so price is $8k OBO.. feel free to PM me an offer.
Title: Clear

I bought this car as a weekend warrior/track car with the intent of having another daily driver. Due to current circumstances, this is the only car I have and I have been using it as a daily driver. It accomplishes the task just fine, but it isn't a comfortable/realistic daily driver without a back seat and having racing seats and a roll cage. I make several trips from Durham to Hickory, NC in it and it's just not the best for hauling me, my g/f, and luggage/groceries/etc. Also, since I live in an apartment I don't have a garage or anywhere to work on it anymore. Since it's my only car right now, I would rather trade because I would have to try to make other arrangements so that I would have something else to drive.

Over $12k in parts alone.. not including any labor
Engine:
K20a2 RSX-S engine w/ ~38,000 miles
K20A Type R valve cover
RBC intake manifold w/ karcepts TB adapter
Custom Intake w/ velocity stack (use air filter for daily driving)
SSR/DTR 4-2-1 Header Ceramic Coated ($1000 header)
Greddy EVO 2.5" exhaust
Golden Eagle fuel rail
AEM FPR
Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
AEM EMS 30-1070 (RLZ tuned 185whp 130wtq on their dynapack (206whp on BRMS portable dyno on a 95-100 degree day) Should be ~210-215whp on any dynojet in the right conditions
I was offered a sponsorship to retune the car for $200 and a discount on all parts from a shop in SC that I will discuss with the buyer/trader; the shop said from my dyno sheet that I still have a lot of power to be made through the entire powerband with more in depth tuning
Hybrid Racing Wiring Harness
Koyo Radiator w/ Greddy Cap
Hasport Mounts
Odyessy light weight battery

Transmission
K20A2 6 Speed with Quaife LSD (no grinds or pop outs, probably could use a fluid change just to be on the safe side since I haven't changed it since I got the car)
OEM Flywheel & Clutch (great for daily driving and the little racing I've done so far, no slipping)
I also have a 4.9 Final Drive I can include.

Interior:
Buddy Club P1 seats / MemoryFab super low rails
G-force 5 point harness
Nardi steering wheel/ FET quick release
Custom 6 Pt. Roll Cage (truthfully if the roll cage wasn't as nice as it is I would consider cutting it out and keeping the car)
AEM Wideband A/F guage
Karcept shifter box
Optional Audio Console
OEM ITR Shift Boot
Integra Arm Rest
Brand new black carpet and all the trunk carpeting which aren't installed

Exterior:
VIS Carbon Fiber Hood
Spoon style carbon fiber lip
Mugen style side skirts
Vision style amber corners
HID 6000K Headlights (EXTREMELY bright)

Stereo:
Stolen the week before christmas (If traded, trader can keep their own cd player)

Suspension:
Buddy Club P1 15x6.5 wheels/ TRUST lug nuts
Yokohama Tires
Koni Yellow threaded coilovers
Omni front upper control arms
Funtion2 rear LCA
ASR subframe brace with 22m swaybar
98 GSR rear disc conversion
Front brakes: Axis metal master and brembo blanks
Spherical bushing and camber kit
I know there's more suspension stuff that I'm leaving out

The Good:
-The engine & all the mods. It's a K-Swap with LSD. The car is fast and handles amazingly with the roll cage and all of the suspension mods.
-On the interstate I normally get around 35 mpg.
-The car has been my daily driver so it hasn't been abused. The most abuse it's taken was when it was getting dynoed and the 4 cars that I have raced:
1. 04 GTO- Won
2. E46 M3- Won
3. S2000- It was over by the end of first gear- Won
4.New E92 V8 M3- Raced from 0-80mph- Lost by 1 car
-The previous owner built the car when K swaps were first starting to be the "thing" and it mostly sat in his garage because he had a E46 M3 and a M6.

Quick 20-80mph run.. little traction and shifted to 3rd early, but you get the idea (click on video to play)

The Bad, I'm going to be as honest as possible and list everything so I don't waste anyone's time or money, plus I'm very picky when it comes to my car.

Most of "The Bad" is exterior cosmetics:
All of these can be seen in the pictures, as they were already like this when I bought the car.
-Will need paint at some point, the paint is fading as it is 16 years old (mainly on roof and back bumper). There are some light scratches on the passenger's side door and other scratches and paint chips here and there.
-There is a dent/paint chip on the passenger side door about the size of a penny. It is more that the paint is chipped off rather than that there is a dent.
-Around the bottom of the driver's side door handle, the paint is chipped off and it is dented along the bottom. More of rough surface dents, not really dented in much.
-There is a dent in the driver's side rear quarter panel in front of the wheel. The dent isn't that bad and it isn't too deep, it looks like it could easily be popped out. The paint isn't messed up at all.
-Needs a new front lip, car is lowered a little too much and the lipped is cracked really bad. Blue Ridge Motorsports almost ripped it off on their dyno.
-Side skirts- I just don't like them, it needs stock.
-Hood needs to be adjusted, there's a gap on the passenger side.
-The windshield has 2 small chips in it (no lines or cracks).

Misc.:
-The IACV needs to be installed. It didn't come with one when I purchased it (just a block off plate). I bought one and haven't had the chance to install it. It idles fine once the engine starts to warm up, just idles low when the engine is cold and first starts. Let the engine warm up for a minute or two and you're ready to go.

I don't really want to get rid of it, but it's not a realistic daily driver for me right now and I don't have a garage or anywhere to work on the car right now.

Sorry for posting a book, I just wanted to make sure I listed as much as possible and I probably still forgot some things. Now for the pics:

Additional pictures, videos, and info can be found here on my personal page and more recent pictures specifically of "bad" things can be seen in my photobucket: http://www.carolinahondas.com/member...-na_k_ftw.html & Pictures by hkstreetracerx7 - Photobucket

When I bought it (pics show old hood):

Same day I bought it, picture just taken with my phone.

Now after some modifications (sorry for the bad quality, my digital camera broke):

Last edited by NA_K_FTW; 01-27-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:56 AM
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd
Default Re: '93 K20 EJ1 Civic Coupe

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/got-bored-today-few-pictures-car-320757/ car has back seats and a sun roof. power everything. but no a/c but have the stuff so you can put it in. and wheels don't look like that anymore, it had positive camber then. if you want to know more pm me. Car has to much to list here. fully built motor and have all paper work on it(darton sleeved and all)
Old 12-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered member

1.8ctr has disabled reputation

really really nice car ttt
Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Registered member

SiR2EG6 has disabled reputation

Niceeeeeeee! GLWS
Old 12-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

timj87 timj87 timj87 timj87 timj87 timj87

Nice
Old 12-13-2009, 01:52 PM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ

Remember this car from Htech and carolina hondas super fresh glws
Old 12-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered Member

Thanks everyone

GSR-TURD if you can PM me with a list of modifications the car has and maybe some interior shots I might be interested.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered member

1nS@nItY has disabled reputation

Trade for a clean 00 Si?? pm me
Old 12-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride famlyride

Car is nice. I pmd you back on CH
Old 12-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by famlyride
Car is nice. I pmd you back on CH
I never got your PM... CH has been screwy lately.

Last edited by NA_K_FTW; 12-13-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Quick Reply: '93 K20 EJ1 Civic Coupe