Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

1997 Civic DX Hatchback - Rust Free, Reliable, Swapped Daily Driver - TONS OF INFO!

Old 01-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Shooting 63's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default 1997 Civic DX Hatchback - Rust Free, Reliable, Swapped Daily Driver - TONS OF INFO!

Levi
Virginia Beach, VA
PM for contact information (I do not publish my phone number)
VIN provided to interested buyers
Price -> See bottom for pricing /trade options. I have many pricing options, including a "pay for what you want" option.

With the wife and I moving back to the area, taking new jobs, and buying a house...I no longer have the need for four cars. This car is reliable as a daily driver, as I have started driving it more since moving back to Virginia Beach.

Bank currently has title (I took a very small, basically free loan). I will HAPPILY TAKE A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT, PAY OFF THE BALANCE OF THE LOAN, AND HAVE THE TITLE IN HAND FOR A CASH-IN-HAND BUYER. Non-refundable meaning that if you give me a ($500) deposit, and I pay off the balance of my loan, and you change your mind about buying, you do not get it back. A document will be drafted up to cover all bases if this route is taken.

1997 Honda Civic DX
Roma Red (original paint)
Chassis mileage - 158xxx
Swap mileage - Estimated to be similar

Exterior:
Original Roma Red factory paint + ALL ORIGINAL VIN MATCHING BODY PANELS
- Front bumper and rear bumper could use repainting. Front bumper has clear peel, rear bumper has
some small paint scrapes but no clear peel. Under passenger side window, there is a 14" long x 5"
tall spot where the clear is peeling. Driver side door has a small dent that is not on a body line.Hood has two
broken bolts, two bolts and two screws hold in place. Body is rust free (had a touch on rear fender well lips, which
was removed, paint attempted to be matched the best my skills have). The major body panels are in good shape
and shine up extremely well.
SIR replica headlights (stock headlights included)
Spoon replica spoiler (stock DX spoiler painted Phoenix Yellow included also)
OEM hood bra included
OEM front bumper mask included (covers front bumper blemishes and looks good)
OEM antenna delete plate
Removed rear wiper + OEM plug added

Engine:
1995 B18B1 LS swap (estimated 150k mileage) with LS transmission
- Running OBD2-OBD1 conversion harness with STOCK OBD1 P75 LS ECU
- Motor does not burn any oil and runs very strong. I have personally removed all of the sensors on the
car (IACV, FITV, injectors, MAP) and have cleaned and tested all of them. On occasion the car will
grab a "lopey" idle, where a throttle flick will bring it down to the OEM 500rpm idle. I believe it is a
throttle cable or throttle body butterfly issue. IAT is cracked, but functions properly with no issues.
- LS transmission has NO 3rd gear. All other gears work just fine, but there is a problem with the 3rd
gear.
- I have a b16 transmission with ITR LSD that is in PERFECT shape that I can include (for an additional price).
- A "wire tuck" was attempted by the previous owner. I have cleaned it up, however it would meet
my standards of appearance only. I have an OBD2 96-98 EX Manual harness that I could include for a
very interested buyer so the perfect wire tuck can be obtained.
- I have personally gone through and pulled all of the wiring that must be done to go from obd2-obd1
(MAP, IAT, injectors, full distributor) and have re-soldered and wrapped all of them.
BRAND NEW Optima Yellow Top 450CCA @ 0*/ 600CA @ 32* sealed battery (additional price if wanted)
ALL NEW DIZZY components (cap, rotor, ignitor, coil)
NEW NGK spark plug wires
NEW NGK spark plugs
OBD2 Valve cover
BRAND NEW Password JDM Carbon Fiber Intake (if negotiated in price)
OBX header
Yonaka catback exhaust (WS2 replica)
- Does not fit perfect (misses exhaust exit by about 2�)

Suspension:
HX wheels
- BRAND NEW 195/60/14 Falken Ziex 512
Buddy Club N+ full coilovers
ASR subframe brace
ITR 22mm sway bar
- BRAND NEW bushings
- BRAND NEW ASR endlink bushings
- 99-00 SI endlinks (the proper endlinks to run full OEM)
All suspension bushings are in good shape
Rear compensator arms could use replacing (bushings are starting to wear)
Front end alignment done, rear needs aligned with new compensator arms

Interior:
FULLY SOUND DEADENED REAR AND ROOF
- Mat and liquid sound deadener used for the entire car behind the driver seat. ALL interior panels
removed (including headliner) and sound deadened. There is no drone from the exhaust in the car,
and absolutely no rattles even with the stiff suspension.
GSR cloth front seats
OEM hatch rear seats
NEW rear hatch lift shocks
Carpet just removed and steam cleaned
99-00 SI guage cluster (reads 105xxx)
99-00 Lower console
Alpine head unit and Kenwood speakers

As you can see, I put in PLENTY of information. I do not hide anything about any of the cars that I sell, so any interested party comes well prepared for what they are going to see. I will likely continue to do little things here and there to the car to make it more presentable and keep up the maintenance.

PRICE
$2900 - No Sway bar, SI gauge cluster (auto dx cluster put in) or intake; bring own wheels and tires.
$3100 - No SI gauge cluster (auto dx cluster put in) or intake, bring own wheels and tires.
$3350 - Bring your own wheels and intake
$4000 - Includes HX wheels and intake
$4500 - Above + MINT b16/ITR trans

***Buddy Club N+ will stay on the car with any package you choose***

I am open to cash offers, however be reasonable. If you do NOT get a response from me, that is a good indicator that you have lowballed or irritated me.

Only trade I would be interested in (ONLY):
STOCK 1992-1995 EX/LX Civic Sedan + CASH
STOCK 1992-1995 Hatchback + CASH
STOCK 1996-2000 Coupe + CASH
STOCK CRX SI + CASH

Last edited by idriveahonda; 02-01-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Added trade option.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

clutch crx has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1997 Civic DX Hatchback - Rust Free, Reliable, Swapped Daily Driver - TONS OF INF

Maybe ur interested check tread lmk thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: 1997 Civic DX Hatchback - Rust Free, Reliable, Swapped Daily Driver - TONS OF INF

Originally Posted by clutch crx
Maybe ur interested check tread lmk thanks
Absolutely not.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:43 AM
Registered Member

1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute

Up for a great guy. This is the guy your traded for GSR leathers. If i can get the cash I'll come get it.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:28 AM
Shooting 63's

Thanks man.

I got a couple offers in. I can also take parts off to make trades not need cash added.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Shooting 63's

Will also trade for a slightly modified EG Sedan.

MORE PRICING OPTIONS UPDATED.

Last edited by idriveahonda; 01-22-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Shooting 63's

Updated with other trade options.

These will require cash.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Shooting 63's

Gentle little bump.

I guess it is not the "right" thing to give too much information.

Should have made it look like all of the rest "Yo, I got a MINT EK hatch that has ZERO problems" because it would have had fifty offers already.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Shooting 63's

Surprised this is still here.

People (including myself) always complain about sellers asking far too much for their cars; whereas this car is priced VERY well for the parts that automatically come on it. Hell, you get a $1300 set of coil overs regardless of which package you choose! That like getting a rust free, LS swapped EK Hatch for $1400!

Last edited by idriveahonda; 01-24-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1

Great deal man. Best of luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: 1997 Civic DX Hatchback - Rust Free, Reliable, Swapped Daily Driver - TONS OF INFO!