Notices
Honda Vehicles from Honda/Acura ONLY go here. If you need to mention another make in your thread then it should go in this forum.

1992 Honda Civic DX Hatch w/ D16Z6

Old 08-28-2010, 06:04 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default 1992 Honda Civic DX Hatch w/ D16Z6

Name: Elric
Price: $2250

I am listing my 1992 Honda Civic DX Hatch. I've had the car since 2003. The first engine had a blown head gasket so I replaced it with one from another civic and eventually that one went too. A friend of mine had just completed a B16A2 swap into his '93 Si hatch, the D16Z6 coming out just had the timing belt, water pump and seals replaced (with roughly 120k on it). I bought the engine and installed it into the hatch about 3 years ago and it's run like a top since. The car has 227k on it and the engine is looking at about 145k since the install. The wiring harness and ECU are both from an EG hatch (P28 Auto ECU). The car IS automatic. I made sure to keep the a/c and power steering intact. It's still using R12 as I haven't seen a reason to convert it since it works so well.

The car does have the usual rust spots that older Honda/Acuras have, this can be seen in the pictures. The images also have Mugen style front strut tower brace, this has been replaced with one from a GSR. The windshield does need to be replaced, we can have it replaced or the buyer can have it done.

Other than the above listed (windshield, small rust areas) the car needs absolutely nothing. I recently (last month) replaced the front brake rotors and pads, the CV axles were replaced about a year ago, plugs, wires and distributor cap/rotor have been replaced in the last 3 months, new thermostat & gasket, radiator was replaced last year.

The car also has a short ram intake and 4-1 exhaust header installed (I believe it's a DC header, I wrapped it and have since forgotten the brand) and the exhaust is 2 1/4" cat-back. The inside of the car is very clean, no rips or tears of any sort. The front seats are from a '99 Civic Si. The price is $2250 but I'm negotiable.