VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Help Desk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/)
-   -   What ever happened to this (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/what-ever-happened-295097/)

sexy gts 06-04-2009 12:28 PM

What ever happened to this

Originally Posted by sung (Post 5306030)
To existing members, you will treat all Trial Members with respect.

Or any new member for that matter trial or not.

I think the past 5 intro posts I’ve read have just been filled with pages and pages of people bashing the OP right off the bat. I don’t think I've ever been on a forum where people were so mean to each other. I mean I understand this is a local forum and people are going to have their differences but seriously, is it necessary to be this mean to people who are just joining...? It even seems like to me that mod's join in on the fun most of the time too. It’s that the job of a moderator to "moderate" not add to the problem?

/rant

kevsz32 06-04-2009 12:45 PM

Re: What ever happened to this

VAdriven is a joke..no one takes this forum seriously. and yes, some of the mods do more damage then they really should. i haven't been on here for a very long time but i used to hear that this place used to be really chill and legit. im on many forums and none of them are like this ( like you've stated). only reason i really come back here is because its entertaining. other then that there isn't any useful info on here at all..

LLama 06-04-2009 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by sexy gts (Post 5334893)
Or any new member for that matter trial or not.

I think the past 5 intro posts I’ve read have just been filled with pages and pages of people bashing the OP right off the bat. I don’t think I've ever been on a forum where people were so mean to each other. I mean I understand this is a local forum and people are going to have their differences but seriously, is it necessary to be this mean to people who are just joining...? It even seems like to me that mod's join in on the fun most of the time too. It’s that the job of a moderator to "moderate" not add to the problem?

/rant

Why don't you try Mr. Rogers fuckin neighborhood forum instead? People on here aren't "mean", people on here are just conditioned. The intelligent people learned long ago that if you bash the idiots very badly they'll typically go away. Most of the moderators on here participate in this, the number of members doesn't make a forum good, the quality does, and idiots don't bring quality to the table.

sexy gts 06-04-2009 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by kevsz32 (Post 5334947)
VAdriven is a joke..no one takes this forum seriously. and yes, some of the mods do more damage then they really should. i haven't been on here for a very long time but i used to hear that this place used to be really chill and llegit. im on many forums and none of them are like this ( like you've stated). only reason i really come back here is because its entertaining. other then that there isn't any useful info on here at all..

I do completely agree with you. I’m not sure if I have ever gotten any knowledge from here. I love this place though, but only because all of the drama on here keeps me more than entertained while I’m wasting time at work. I really just don’t understand why everyone is so mean to every new person the joins. Or when people ask a question (which a car specific forum should be for) They get flamed out the ass by everyone but omgyoushouldhaveknowthatalready. Its just out of hand.

vmspionage 06-04-2009 12:51 PM

Fucking 2007's.

See what I did there? :D

kevsz32 06-04-2009 12:54 PM

its usually the same people that start it too..when i meet someone who isnt on VAD i usually tell them to join so they can find out about get togethers..but i warn them, i tell them to not take anything seriously thats posted on here...only good thing that comes out of here are the meets and all the drama that likes to evolve thru time. lol.

sexy gts 06-04-2009 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by LLama (Post 5334948)
Why don't you try Mr. Rogers fuckin neighborhood forum instead? People on here aren't "mean", people on here are just conditioned. The intelligent people learned long ago that if you bash the idiots very badly they'll typically go away. Most of the moderators on here participate in this, the number of members doesn't make a forum good, the quality does, and idiots don't bring quality to the table.

Then stop putting ever single new person in the idiot category, what the fuck is wrong with giving people a chance? The is a fucking public forum... if you want to chat it up with your buddies try AIM. This is a place for people to come to inform themselves. Perhaps some people who join are not car literate but maybe that’s why they are joining, so that can grow up and be just as cool as you :rolleyes: . We were all car illiterate at some point so what’s the point in bashing people who are coming here to learn?

2-D 06-04-2009 01:04 PM

Sexy gts can we fuck now?

sexy gts 06-04-2009 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by iCANRAGE (Post 5335005)
Sexy gts can we fuck now?

I'll get back to you on that.

Victum 06-04-2009 01:08 PM

all you newfags in here need to stfu kthx.