Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Suggestions to help keep police, theives, and idiots off the boards

Old 01-14-2005, 03:45 PM
JRT>JDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ScampaDawg87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Suggestions to help keep police, theives, and idiots off the boards

Hey

I've been reading a lot of threads lately and how everyone is getting upset that police are finding out about the meets through DVA. That there are too many e thugs and such.

I know people have suggested before that a trial period after registration should be implemented. However, while that might help keep some of the idiotic posts from being made, it won't stop people who mess up the meets from reading about where the next spot is going to be and showing up with their friends.

I think there should be a few things implemented...

1. Turn off viewing from Guests. I'll come on to the forum sometimes and at the bottom it will say there are 40+ guests viewing everything. Chances are at least one of them is a cop, thief, or ricer who wants to know when and where the next big meet is going to be. To view the forum you MUST be registered. Not only will you need to have your email addy confirmed, you must then be given permission before you can post by an admin or mod. I don't remember whether or not I had to check my email before I could post, anyways I think it's a good idea.

2. After the new users have been given permission to view the forum, they are limited to ONE forum. That forum will be the initiation forum. Here, new members will introduce themselves, where they're from, what they drive, etc etc. Once the mods/admins think they seem like a good addition to the rest of the site, they will be given access to the rest of it. I know some people won't like this but it will help sort the good posters from the bad.

3. More active moderators. I think the mods of the forums I visit here are doing a good job for the most part but they can't always be on when people start e-thuggin it up and people make stupid threads. Make some of the original members who are well known in the community and the meets moderators. This way there are more people who can help maintain good fellowship throughout the board.

4. Period of inactivity= account deletion. This is for the people who might join, pose as a quality member and then never post again once they're given access to the rest of the forum. I have no ideas on the best way to go about doing this as a lot of people go on vacation or have other reasons they don't view/post as often... so I wouldn't make it an automatic feature on the board. It would be controlled by the mods/admins whenever they notice lurkers they are suspicous of.

These are things I've seen done on some of the other, bigger forums I visit on the web that attract more than just car lovers. Whether you guys like the ideas and use them, or not is up to you, obviously. I just thought I'd share them since they seem to work on other boards.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: Suggestions to help keep police, theives, and idiots off the boards

I have no problem with police reading this board, nor do any of the other admins/moderators.

In fact, I think it's pretty funny; if you guys aren't smart enough to keep shit to yourselves, we sure as hell don't care, and it's damn sure not our problem.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:56 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

lol
Old 01-15-2005, 01:20 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
I have no problem with police reading this board, nor do any of the other admins/moderators.

In fact, I think it's pretty funny; if you guys aren't smart enough to keep shit to yourselves, we sure as hell don't care, and it's damn sure not our problem.

Old 01-15-2005, 06:06 PM

acurateg25 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you PM instead of post out in the open where your going to meet or race then we don't need any new features.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:01 AM
Everyday

BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ

Originally Posted by ScampaDawg87

I've been reading a lot of threads lately and how everyone is getting upset that police are finding out about the meets through DVA. That there are too many e thugs and such.

3. More active moderators. I think the mods of the forums I visit here are doing a good job for the most part but they can't always be on when people start e-thuggin it up and people make stupid threads. Make some of the original members who are well known in the community and the meets moderators. This way there are more people who can help maintain good fellowship throughout the board.
Now just think about what you wrote and then read on:

Originally Posted by soulDistortion

It makes you think, personally I think a couple of this Mods= E-thugs.
Now that's just my humble opinion.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BlackEJ
Now just think about what you wrote and then read on:

It makes you think, personally I think a couple of this Mods= E-thugs.
Now that's just my humble opinion.
he's not an e-thug... without him this board would suck 1000 times over.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

you can always have a setup like a larger forum i use, were long time users can use a restricted access forum and accounts that only have under 5 posts over a certain amount of time get deleted
Old 01-21-2005, 05:25 AM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

Why are you worried about the police reading the forum?
Unless your breaking laws and shit like that...

I know a thing or two about police reading Drag757.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx 200+hp240sx

of course there are police in the forums, I know for fact since I was pulled and they asked me where the spot was, and then outright said he knew the spots and any new ones because of internet activity. I really have no clue how you can get a ticket for just being yourself, selling and buying car stuff, and maybe finding some people to hang out with. And the thing about ricers, Im sorry but they will find there way to random groups where they arent wanted, its sad but its part of the scene.

Quick Reply: Suggestions to help keep police, theives, and idiots off the boards