Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Suggestion for classifieds, dunno if it's possible or not

Old 01-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Suggestion for classifieds, dunno if it's possible or not

Anyways, is it possible to make the classifieds section so that the thread starter can delete posts in his/her own thread? Then the mods wouldn't have to deal with it, or would that somehow create more problems?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:23 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Suggestion for classifieds, dunno if it's possible or not

This has actually been raised a while ago, and I believe eng said that it wasn't feasible.

Hopefully he will come and explain why, because I can't remember, but it made sense when he explained it.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I've seen that done on other vBulletin powered forums...
Old 01-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I've seen that done on other vBulletin powered forums...
We're special.

Other vBulletin sites aren't ran by Hitler.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by blah
We're special.

Other vBulletin sites aren't ran by Hitler.
Hitler
Old 01-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Think about it, FS/W is basically the haven for the absolute dumbest people on this site.

If people were allowed to just delete their stupid posts from threads instead of reporting them so that mods can deal with it, then we wouldn't have any record of their idiocy so that they can be dealt with accordingly.

That's one of the main reasons as to why we don't outright delete anything on this board (hence, the blackhole forum).

Also, it would be easy for someone to abuse for whatever reasons (ghost bumping threads, deleting legit concerns posted by other users, etc.)
Old 02-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

flacopower

Originally Posted by soulDistortion
Think about it, FS/W is basically the haven for the absolute dumbest people on this site.

If people were allowed to just delete their stupid posts from threads instead of reporting them so that mods can deal with it, then we wouldn't have any record of their idiocy so that they can be dealt with accordingly.

That's one of the main reasons as to why we don't outright delete anything on this board (hence, the blackhole forum).

Also, it would be easy for someone to abuse for whatever reasons (ghost bumping threads, deleting legit concerns posted by other users, etc.)
That's what I think would be the biggest concern... I have never seen this done on any v bulletin forum. And with good reason
Old 02-19-2008, 03:19 PM
wub wub wub wub

I have a suggestion regarding this issue (classifieds):

We need to impliment more to the feedback system. I'd like to see it sort of like eBay, although I hate eBay with a passion! It would be nice to have some sort of strike system where negative feedback would potentially either revoke your access to posting altogether until the situation is resolved, or where it would at least block you from posting classifieds.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:52 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

How many people around here have negative feedback? Maybe I am being blind, but I dont see many negatives running around.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:39 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by litlespic
How many people around here have negative feedback? Maybe I am being blind, but I dont see many negatives running around.
Whos fault is that? The buyer. This would potentially give people more incentive to leave feedback for the scammers rather than just posting a thread about it.

Quick Reply: Suggestion for classifieds, dunno if it's possible or not