Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Since when were mods allowed to make up and change rules to suit their own ego's ?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:02 AM
eng
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: Since when were mods allowed to make up and change rules to suit their own ego's

Rules are changed all the time (that's why there is a date on it) to reflect the needs of the various forums.

Users weren't putting prices for their stuff. We make it a requirement for certain types of threads.
Users put stupid high numbers to meet that rule. We say it should be realistic.
Users complain that is confusing. We add an example.
Ad infinitum.
If it becomes a problem that users start posting prices in foreign currency we'll change the rules to require USD. Hopefully this is an isolated case.

He was nice enough to send you a PM about it instead of just going straight to a warning/infraction (which is SOP). I'm not really sure why you've decided to make this your internet political cause, but you're not going to get much, if any, sympathy from anyone when its such a simple rule to follow.

If you want to keep pushing the issue, that's fine, but you're going to start getting infractions from now on if you do.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 AM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ
Default Re: Since when were mods allowed to make up and change rules to suit their own ego's

Originally Posted by eng
Rules are changed all the time (that's why there is a date on it) to reflect the needs of the various forums.

Users weren't putting prices for their stuff. We make it a requirement for certain types of threads.
Users put stupid high numbers to meet that rule. We say it should be realistic.
Users complain that is confusing. We add an example.
Ad infinitum.
If it becomes a problem that users start posting prices in foreign currency we'll change the rules to require USD. Hopefully this is an isolated case.

Just like you stated, if it becomes a problem then it will be added to to the rules, I cant post off heresy - Which is hypocritical considering its not causing any problems, it meets the rules, its a realistic price and its ridiculously easy for someone (as the mod did) to find out the USD equivalence, your argument goes against itself

I never pushed the rule nor did I deny the validity of it, if anything I agreed with him several times; My issue is the fact that he simultaneously changed the rules and gave me a warning for the changed rule.

As for being nice enough to send me a pm - the only pm I got from him was "lol" then a warning hours later when I responded to a question that was asked on my thread (that apparently hurt his feelings), sounds mature and "nice enough" to me, I pmd him with a response. at this point theres nothing else to say here, because all the facts in your post have no validity, you just said what was necessary to "agree" with the mod, if thats the way you choose to run it so be it, back to selling my "crap" thanks

as for all you Vadriven trolls start a spo if you have something to say to me, those all ways tickle my wiener just right - but ill assume your gay if you want to do that - areugaybro??
Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

I got an infraction in 07 because I ticked a mod off in a political discussion. So he went through my old threads and found a locked thread where I bumped it more than once a day prior to patronage and gave me an infraction. It happens, get over it.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 AM
doesn't like 1911s

~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh ~Josh

This dude is still crying like a 7 year old girl. I've got a couple infractions. Get over it, faggot.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung

New rule: don't be a dick.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by sung
So I'll be expecting my infraction thusly
Old 12-23-2010, 04:56 PM
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
"price must be realistic" ???

might as well delete all honda classifieds...
This.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

hahaha, got a good laugh.
so op got a warning, to chill, place a realistic price. made thread.
I would ask the point, but I figure a 8 page college boy essay would come about. Not going that route.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Fucked. All of us. LOL