VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Help Desk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/)
-   -   Search function not filtering (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/search-function-not-filtering-396394/)

NasTHatch 05-12-2011 04:27 PM

Search function not filtering

Is anyone else having this issue? i went into advanced searched and clicked "fs/honda" and it brings up every post FS FS/FT and WTB

AND it's not looking for the desired search IE "hatch back/Hatch"

it's brings up all threads

unuzual kustum 05-12-2011 06:53 PM

Re: Search function not filtering

Originally Posted by NasTHatch (Post 7093280)
Is anyone else having this issue? i went into advanced searched and clicked "fs/honda" and it brings up every post FS FS/FT and WTB

AND it's not looking for the desired search IE "hatch back/Hatch"

it's brings up all threads

No but I was having problems with it not searching at all til I logged out then back in.

eng 05-12-2011 07:33 PM

For some reason only the FS: prefix is messed up, all the others appear to be working properly. Looking into it.

Not sure what the second problem you're trying to explain is :(

NasTHatch 05-12-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by eng (Post 7093733)
For some reason only the FS: prefix is messed up, all the others appear to be working properly. Looking into it.

Not sure what the second problem you're trying to explain is :(

when you type in a key word, it's not searching for the key word

eng 05-12-2011 08:48 PM

Prefix issue fixed.

Still not clear what you mean by not searching for keywords. When I type (without the quotes) "hatch" or "hatch back" I get plenty of results :confused:

Keep in mind the default sort method when you're searching multiple types is relevance, not by date.

NasTHatch 05-13-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by eng (Post 7093841)
Prefix issue fixed.

Still not clear what you mean by not searching for keywords. When I type (without the quotes) "hatch" or "hatch back" I get plenty of results :confused:

Keep in mind the default sort method when you're searching multiple types is relevance, not by date.

oh well when i typed in hatch back in brought up coupes and sedans in the search ..? but cool you fixed the prefix issue and that was the only real issue

Scotty_Nooo 05-13-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by NasTHatch (Post 7094963)
oh well when i typed in hatch back in brought up coupes and sedans in the search ..? but cool you fixed the prefix issue and that was the only real issue

stupid question, but you are searching "Thread Title Only" correct? If not it's searching the entire threat for that word so .e.g. if you type in "hatch" and somebody is trying to trade their hatch for a coupe and typed the word "hatch" in the thread, you'll see that as a result.

NasTHatch 05-13-2011 01:14 PM

yeah brah, thread title only

eng 05-13-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by NasTHatch (Post 7095483)
yeah brah, thread title only

That works just fine for me :dunno: