VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Help Desk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/)
-   -   recommendation for classifieds (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/recommendation-classifieds-481872/)

Computer_Nerd 02-25-2014 08:30 AM

recommendation for classifieds

In the template and as a thread requirement, list the estimated kelly blue book (kbb) value.

This will piss off a lot of the Honda "mint" advertisements, but provide some form of price comparison and require justification for all of the "sweet mods" and upgrades to "mint" vehicles advertised.

PicovAndropov 02-25-2014 08:36 AM

Re: recommendation for classifieds

Just delete the classifieds section.

Scotty_Nooo 02-25-2014 08:48 AM

but some people sell cool shit like guns...

83Stang5.0 02-25-2014 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Computer_Nerd (Post 8266488)
In the template and as a thread requirement, list the estimated kelly blue book (kbb) value.

This will piss off a lot of the Honda "mint" advertisements, but provide some form of price comparison and require justification for all of the "sweet mods" and upgrades to "mint" vehicles advertised.

Too much value in KBB, it's BS to me. I dont see how my 2000 Expedition with 5.4 Triton, 85K, fully fucking loaded, leather everything, video, 3rd row seats, etc... is worth $2400. The cost of tires is nearly half that...

Blown 02-25-2014 09:33 AM

I like this idea.

Not just for the Honda fags but everyone thinks their even bone stock cars are worth a fortune. There's a $16-17k E55 AMG listed for $21k

eng 02-25-2014 09:34 AM

While I agree with where you're coming from there's no good way to do what you want.

First which service would we use: KBB, NADA, etc? Secondly, a lot of those are wildly off what a vehicle is "worth" especially since a good chunk of the vehicles for sale here are modified.

This is one instance where we just let the "market" sort it out. If someone asks a stupid price for a car it probably won't sell, and if it does good for them.

83Stang5.0 02-25-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by eng (Post 8266511)
While I agree with where you're coming from there's no good way to do what you want.

First which service would we use: KBB, NADA, etc? Secondly, a lot of those are wildly off what a vehicle is "worth" especially since a good chunk of the vehicles for sale here are modified.

This is one instance where we just let the "market" sort it out. If someone asks a stupid price for a car it probably won't sell, and if it does good for them.

This.

It's like trying to make someone list MSRP for AMD GPU's with the market for them being so high/overpriced currently.

They are "worth" what people will pay for them. No sense throwing 3rd party numbers in the mix. If someone isn't smart enough to atleast consult with KBB for a rough idea of what they go for, they deserve to pay out the ass then.

Blown 02-25-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0 (Post 8266507)
Too much value in KBB, it's BS to me. I dont see how my 2000 Expedition with 5.4 Triton, 85K, fully fucking loaded, leather everything, video, 3rd row seats, etc... is worth $2400. The cost of tires is nearly half that...

Its a 14 year old mass produced domestic. They simply don't hold their value

I just ran through a quick appraisal on my kbb app and it puts that truck between 3900-4500

83Stang5.0 02-25-2014 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Blown (Post 8266515)
Its a 14 year old mass produced domestic. They simply don't hold their value

I just ran through a quick appraisal on my kbb app and it puts that truck between 3900-4000.

I get that to a degree, $2400 seemed a little low to me. I just did it online the other day after I got it, weird...

Blown 02-25-2014 09:42 AM

$2400 sounds more like a trade in value :dunno:

I do like the KBB idea but that does raise a problem when there's for instance, an E39 M5. They sell for 2x+ KBB value. Every single one.