Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

OK something's got to give.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:01 PM
DurrHurr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat SoWhat
Default Re: OK something's got to give.

Why is it this the only forum i'm on who's classifieds is the single largest part of the site?

It's obvious that the fs section is an issue when it comes to having quality members, especially when almost the entirety of the site is only veiwing the classifieds. Why not exploit that? Gixxerforum requires you to have "patron" status to even veiw classifieds or even ask others about buying things. This is a worlf wide forum and it has done imo a magnificent job of weeding out undesirables.

You dont have to pay to be a contributing member but you do if you want to use the site as a means of making money. Atleast then you can bank on the useless members while still filtering out some of the lesser bottom feeders of the site who have no intent of ever being a contribution to the community.

Some of yall will hate this idea but I seen it work with great effect on other forums.

Those who actually pay to advertise their crap are much more likely to follow rules and guidelines for doing so. This would also decrease the amount of hazing from simply not following forum rules and thus less new members being ran off for blatantly ignoring said rules.

Last edited by SoWhat; 10-11-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

I know the legion is a main source of this and I don't feel bad about it a single bit. The idiots we've run off have been 100% fuckheads. They don't contribute shit, they make more work for the moderators, and they aggravate everyone except other idiots like them.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:39 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

Originally Posted by JacKaL
I know the legion is a main source of this and I don't feel bad about it a single bit. The idiots we've run off have been 100% fuckheads. They don't contribute shit, they make more work for the moderators, and they aggravate everyone except other idiots like them.
I just got brushed off after making fun of some 240 faggot on FB who decided it was a good idea to drift his shitbox in a neighborhood and post a video on bookface. We'll see what he says when his insurance company drops him once they see the video but that's a whole other story. What had me most concerned was that he wasn't having his ass totally reamed by everyone on there. I can't imagine the amount of anal rape that would occur if someone tried that shit on this site, and it's a damned good thing because it means shitheads like that don't stick around.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:04 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

no... the forums have always been a core group of members who flamed idiots, only difference when you guys showed up is that this place was in carebear mode so the forums could be sold.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:56 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by jgrknot
no... the forums have always been a core group of members who flamed idiots, only difference when you guys showed up is that this place was in carebear mode so the forums could be sold.
if only we could return to those days i remember when a thread could hit 15 pages in a matter of minutes when stupid shit popped up

EDIT: https://www.vadriven.com/forums/off-...tic-rice-4462/

read this thread, THESE morons are the exact reason we NEED to run people off

Last edited by NasTHatch; 10-12-2014 at 04:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by SoWhat
Why is it this the only forum i'm on who's classifieds is the single largest part of the site?

It's obvious that the fs section is an issue when it comes to having quality members, especially when almost the entirety of the site is only veiwing the classifieds. Why not exploit that? Gixxerforum requires you to have "patron" status to even veiw classifieds or even ask others about buying things. This is a worlf wide forum and it has done imo a magnificent job of weeding out undesirables.

You dont have to pay to be a contributing member but you do if you want to use the site as a means of making money. Atleast then you can bank on the useless members while still filtering out some of the lesser bottom feeders of the site who have no intent of ever being a contribution to the community.

Some of yall will hate this idea but I seen it work with great effect on other forums.

Those who actually pay to advertise their crap are much more likely to follow rules and guidelines for doing so. This would also decrease the amount of hazing from simply not following forum rules and thus less new members being ran off for blatantly ignoring said rules.
I somewhat like this idea, maybe because I don't sell often on here.

Pay like $1.00 per post?

$15.00 yearly?

Yearly would be for people that obviously sell on here a lot, but at least it would generate money for the site and filter worthlessness out of the forums.

I mean who is going to pay $1.00 to sell a $15.00 part? I know I see things like this all the time when I float through the f/s section from time to time.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

Originally Posted by jgrknot
And a bunch of the core group grew up. But that's besides the point what I was saying is that we're directly responsible for most of the running off these days. And for the most part say 95% have you seen anyone go that you thought to yourself "hey that was a really intellectual fella I'll be sure to miss his illiterate FS threads"? No, the answer is no.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:36 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

And a bunch of the core group grew up. But that's besides the point what I was saying is that we're directly responsible for most of the running off these days. And for the most part say 95% have you seen anyone go that you thought to yourself "hey that was a really intellectual fella I'll be sure to miss his illiterate FS threads"? No, the answer is no.
TBH people leave this place because it blows. The only reason this place gets revenue anymore is because of FS, so once you tards finish running them off it'll die anyways.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:34 PM
Eat A Dick

Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff

every introduction thread went like this

inb4....

bring back Weed Thread

Last edited by Riff Raff; 10-13-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

I know people from other forums irl who don't post on here through fear of being called a dick for the littlest things (which has happened to me, however I don't really care). I honestly think it's hilarious and agree that idiots need to be told to fuck off if they have nothing worthwhile to contribute.

I think the idea of a newbie/intro thread is good, also, that you can't even see the classifieds section until you have 5-10 posts, unless you are a patron. Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: OK something's got to give.