VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Help Desk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/)
-   -   New Rule Suggestion for all Vehicle FS Threads (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/new-rule-suggestion-all-vehicle-fs-threads-425142/)

EGon10psi 12-31-2011 10:51 AM

New Rule Suggestion for all Vehicle FS Threads

For christ sakes we are in 2011 if you do not own a camera phone or digital camera and know how to access a photobucket (or any of the alike) accounts then you should not be posting your car for sale anyway.

I think that included in the rules for posting PICTURES you you should be required a minimum or 5 pictures..

One front, both sides, the rear, and at least 1 picture of the interior.

Not only would it help the buyer see what he is getting but would probably help the seller as well.

There are over 50 FS threads right now with 1 to 2 pictures of a piece of the car.

I think this should be strictly enforced and the threads closed if you cannot see the car in detail.

/rant

Lord Humongous 12-31-2011 11:51 AM

Re: New Rule Suggestion for all Vehicle FS Threads

Need moar mods.

Tonka Toy 12-31-2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by EGon10psi (Post 7550550)
For christ sakes we are in 2011 if you do not own a camera phone or digital camera and know how to access a photobucket (or any of the alike) accounts then you should not be posting your car for sale anyway.

I think that included in the rules for posting PICTURES you you should be required a minimum or 5 pictures..

Not only would it help the buyer see what he is getting but would probably help the seller as well.

There are over 50 FS threads right now with 1 to 2 pictures of a piece of the car.

I think this should be strictly enforced and the threads closed if you cannot see the car in detail.

/rant

This and the pics should be taken at normal angles and distances from the vehicle. No fish eye lenses or extreme close ups.

EGon10psi 12-31-2011 12:29 PM

Prime example....so I left him an appropriate response

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/impo...-built-425138/

ravenracer 12-31-2011 03:34 PM

Not a bad suggestion. Once everything is back to normal (holidays has passed, the website is working properly etc) we can work around your suggestions.

NasTHatch 12-31-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous (Post 7550614)
Need moar mods.

Tried and it hasn't happened :(

TATTRAT 01-01-2012 02:42 PM

lol @ the edits :thup:

NasTHatch 01-01-2012 03:04 PM

Told you nothing would happen

JUST KIDDING, DF was banned LOL

laserspeeddemon 01-03-2012 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by EGon10psi (Post 7550550)

/rant

I don't know what your complaint is unless you were planning on buying the car without seeing it person anyway. Just like I wouldn't care if you showed me a picture of the money cause I'm counting it when you get here either way.

You can't feel how the engine idles from the best pictures anyway so what does it matter?

Dough_Boy. 01-03-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon (Post 7554751)
I don't know what your complaint is unless you were planning on buying the car without seeing it person anyway. Just like I wouldn't care if you showed me a picture of the money cause I'm counting it when you get here either way.

You can't feel how the engine idles from the best pictures anyway so what does it matter?

Have you read some of the threads and then seen the pictures? Super clean honda blah blah blah, look at the pictures and it's a billion different colors with dents everywhere. With pictures it's less of a waste of time. I know if they told me it was a super clean car and I hadn't seen some pictures then went and looked and it was a piece of shit i'd be pissed. That's the point of the pictures.

Trunk Impaired 01-03-2012 10:05 AM

Seriously, the Classifieds section annoys me to the point where I'd sacrifice my own time (not sure if there's a time log, but I spend a solid 8 hours per day on here) to clean it up. I see so much stuff either posted in the wrong place or in the wrong format, it's not the mods' fault, the shit is just flowing in faster than they could possibly clean it up. The Classifieds are a necessary evil when it comes to this site so the least we could do is not have it looking like a complete hell hole all the time. It needs to be ruled with an iron fist, that means strict formatting for the titles (no hell4fre$h, supaclean bullshit, just the year, make, model, and one or two major mods) and I totally agree with the 5 picture minimum, if you can't scrape that together then you don't need to sell your shit that badly. Virginia isn't the biggest place but if you're in a situation where someone in Virginia Beach wants to buy a car that's in Western we're still talking about a major time sacrifice that could be a waste if the seller had just provided more information. That's my opinion on it.

Lord Humongous 01-03-2012 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Race B&on (Post 7554844)
Seriously, the Classifieds section annoys me to the point where I'd sacrifice my own time (not sure if there's a time log, but I spend a solid 8 hours per day on here) to clean it up. I see so much stuff either posted in the wrong place or in the wrong format, it's not the mods' fault, the shit is just flowing in faster than they could possibly clean it up. The Classifieds are a necessary evil when it comes to this site so the least we could do is not have it looking like a complete hell hole all the time. It needs to be ruled with an iron fist, that means strict formatting for the titles (no hell4fre$h, supaclean bullshit, just the year, make, model, and one or two major mods) and I totally agree with the 5 picture minimum, if you can't scrape that together then you don't need to sell your shit that badly. Virginia isn't the biggest place but if you're in a situation where someone in Virginia Beach wants to buy a car that's in Western we're still talking about a major time sacrifice that could be a waste if the seller had just provided more information. That's my opinion on it.

\\

C'mon pookie...let's burn this motherfucker down

Trunk Impaired 01-03-2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous (Post 7554852)
\\

C'mon pookie...let's burn this motherfucker down

Fantastic movie, and possibly the greatest product placement coup of all time. But on a real note the Honda section alone probably needs its own dedicated mod just because of the volume of nonsense that happens there.

ravenracer 01-03-2012 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Race B&on (Post 7554883)
Fantastic movie, and possibly the greatest product placement coup of all time. But on a real note the Honda section alone probably needs its own dedicated mod just because of the volume of nonsense that happens there.

If you have a salary for me I will do it. Hell I'll even take the hour wage. :D

Lord Humongous 01-03-2012 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Race B&on (Post 7554883)

Best way?

Auto-ban anyone that has more FS post then real posts.

Sure there will only be about 15 people left on here, but I'm ok with that

Trunk Impaired 01-03-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by ravenracer (Post 7554907)
If you have a salary for me I will do it. Hell I'll even take the hour wage. :D

I was saying I'd do it for FREE. I like this place and it bothers me that things are so messy that you can't find anything.

White Devil 01-03-2012 11:18 AM

This is EASY....

In the FS section just ban all references to Hondas, Acuras, VTEC, VTECH, obscure engine codes, JDM, rimz, Integras, wheelz, jank, VTAK, Civics, Tegs, Japanese Domestic, hellaflush, drug paraphernalia, and pitbull puppies.

It would be utter pandemonium... like cats having sex with dogs.....

Lord Humongous 01-03-2012 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Delbanner (Post 7554971)
like cats having sex with dogs.....

I've got some.

Shit is minty and fresh.

Check my thread

Trunk Impaired 01-03-2012 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous (Post 7554994)
I've got some.

Shit is minty and fresh.

Check my thread

No title though.

eXploited 01-03-2012 11:31 AM

Some mentioned CIRCLE JERK!?

Lay Zee H 01-03-2012 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Delbanner (Post 7554971)
This is EASY....

In the FS section just ban all references to Hondas, Acuras, VTEC, VTECH, obscure engine codes, JDM, rimz, Integras, wheelz, jank, VTAK, Civics, Tegs, Japanese Domestic, hellaflush, drug paraphernalia, and pitbull puppies.

It would be utter pandemonium... like cats having sex with dogs.....

You forgot MINT and FRESH

Lord Humongous 01-03-2012 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Race B&on (Post 7554997)
No title though.

Shit's purebred.

I got paperz

laserspeeddemon 01-03-2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy_Lou_Who (Post 7554784)
Have you read some of the threads and then seen the pictures? Super clean honda blah blah blah, look at the pictures and it's a billion different colors with dents everywhere. With pictures it's less of a waste of time. I know if they told me it was a super clean car and I hadn't seen some pictures then went and looked and it was a piece of shit i'd be pissed. That's the point of the pictures.

Pictures only benefit the seller. If he doesn't have pictures (or have bad pictures) then he's probably not going to sell the car.

EGon10psi 01-03-2012 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon (Post 7554751)

I dont give a shit how the engine idles if its missing the entire interior and the rear end is totaled but I cant tell because there are no pictures to show it. Why in the world would you not want to see every angle of the car before driving even an hour away....not to mention there are ppl from WV,NY, PA, MD, NC etc....that list shit on here all the time.

I always put as many pictures in my FS thread as I would like to see myself before buying a car.

Titles should be as follows...

Fs/Ft/Both - Year/make/model/color - 3-4 word description in normal English with spellcheck (i am all about advertising frankly because I sell a lot of stuff and I am good at it....but i would never get a customer using words like HELLAFLUSH, SUPA DUPA MINT/ SLAMMED DA FUCK OUT/ JDM AS FUK/ FULLY BUILT (bc it has CTR pistons or a aftermarket BOV).......might as well say I your uneducated or trying too hard to be trendy.

EGon10psi 01-03-2012 02:32 PM

Here is an example of one of my FS threads....its only took me about 2 weeks to get a buyer for a 30k plus car where I see 4 to 10k cars sit on here and get bumped for MONTHS with same lame asse description and pictures and wondering why it doesnt sell.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/impo...-white-299417/

NasTHatch 01-03-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by EGon10psi (Post 7555255)
I dont give a shit how the engine idles if its missing the entire interior and the rear end is totaled but I cant tell because there are no pictures to show it. Why in the world would you not want to see every angle of the car before driving even an hour away....not to mention there are ppl from WV,NY, PA, MD, NC etc....that list shit on here all the time.

I always put as many pictures in my FS thread as I would like to see myself before buying a car.

If i had mod powers i would run the Honda section with an IRON FIST and also ban anyone from the states mentioned. AND the people who post a different car for sale/for trade very other day would bite the bullet. Hell anyone looking to trade their car for a s2k,sti/evo or anything of that nature when their car is at least 6k less in value would get hit with the ban stick as well

Trunk Impaired 01-03-2012 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by EGon10psi (Post 7555259)
Here is an example of one of my FS threads....its only took me about 2 weeks to get a buyer for a 30k plus car where I see 4 to 10k cars sit on here and get bumped for MONTHS with same lame asse description and pictures and wondering why it doesnt sell.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/impo...-white-299417/

Well your quick sale can be attributed to the fact that your car was clean, well-documented, well-maintained, well-advertised, and so you presumably had nothing to hide. These FS trolls are trying to sneak by some of the most jerry-rigged, hacked-together pieces of shit you can imagine just hoping that potential buyers won't look or notice. So many people think it's okay to throw up a 10 word description and a tiny photo they took on a calculator, that even if there was anything of quality in the FS section you'd have to sift through so much shittiness to find it that it's not even worth the time.

slomotion 01-03-2012 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by eXploited (Post 7554998)
Some mentioned CIRCLE JERK!?

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...-jerk-is-2.jpg

White Devil 01-04-2012 01:11 AM

This shit is PHRESH.

ravenracer 01-04-2012 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by NasTHatch (Post 7555377)
If i had mod powers i would run the Honda section with an IRON FIST and also ban anyone from the states mentioned. AND the people who post a different car for sale/for trade very other day would bite the bullet. Hell anyone looking to trade their car for a s2k,sti/evo or anything of that nature when their car is at least 6k less in value would get hit with the ban stick as well

:facepalm:

NasTHatch 01-04-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ravenracer (Post 7556809)
:facepalm:

I was kidding......