VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Help Desk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/)
-   -   Moderator Applications (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/help-desk-48/moderator-applications-490755/)

eng 02-13-2016 05:46 AM

Moderator Applications

With some major changes and site additions planned for VADriven, we're looking to bolster our staff by adding new moderators and some blog contributors. This site has been helped tremendously by the volunteer efforts of community members and we expect the future to be no different. This time around, however, we're going to be looking very closely for people we think can not only keep the place in order but also people who will be able to encourage and cultivate discussions, ideas, and the community as a whole.

We're hiring for the following positions:

Content Section Moderators
We're looking for a few good people to come on as moderators for specific sections of the forums. You will not only be responsible for making sure users are following the rules, but also be expected to play an important part in developing interesting and active discussions for the forums.

As a Content Section Moderator, your role will be having a positive and active community revolving around the section topic. This means that your responsibilities will include encouraging new topics of discussion, making sure discussions stay on topic, helping new members feel welcome in your section, and bringing in more people to take part in the section.

This means all General, Regional, and Off-Topic sections and subsections. The highest priority sections are GENERAL DISCUSSION, ALL REGIONAL FORUMS, ALL OFF-TOPIC. Please don't apply for SPO.

Classified Section Moderators
The classifieds are the most active sections of the website. Recently, we've implemented better organization for the forums and are looking for additional moderators to ensure that rules are being followed and that the sections are easily manageable. You will also play an important role in any further expansion of the classifieds.

Classified moderators are expected to be HELPFUL and FRIENDLY to all members, no matter what the join date of the original poster may be. We plan on putting a larger focus on getting threads more standardized so that information can be more easily organized. This will put a lot of burden on pointing members in the right ways and not simply locking and deleting threads.

How To Apply
For all the positions, we're looking first and foremost for responsible and mature people who are dedicated in providing a helpful and friendly service to the community as a whole. If you're looking to go on a power trip or flex muscle, don't even bother applying. We will be weighing heavily based on previous post history, but not rewarding people solely based on length of membership or post cost. All are encouraged to apply if you're interested!

To apply, post in this thread or PM me with the TITLE and SECTION that you're interested in applying for. For Content Sections, please include the specific forum that you wish to moderate. For Classifieds, no specific forum is needed.

Some things you might want to include...
Why you feel you would make a good fit to represent VAdriven.com:
What makes you specially qualified for your particular section:
One idea for what you would like to see more of in your section:
One major problem currently plaguing your section:
One strategy that you would want to implement for growing your section's popularity:
Anything else you want to add:

NOTE: ALL MODERATOR APPLICANTS MUST CHOOSE A SECTION. NO GENERAL APPS WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Again, I stress a high level of maturity and expectation of helpfulness is the most important factor here. We plan to take community and content development very seriously in and the people will make the difference. Take your time and prove to us that you're very much interested in becoming a part of the team. We will not be able to respond to all applicants but we might write back for some followup.

Looking forward to seeing the applications!

Yardjass 02-13-2016 11:34 AM

Re: Moderator Applications

:popcorn:

Chezkers 02-14-2016 05:47 AM

:thup::thup::thup::thup::thup:

pedro 2.0 02-15-2016 02:19 PM

snugplz

Scotty_Nooo 02-16-2016 12:02 PM

what the going rate to be a moderator on here if you don't mind my asking?

eng 02-16-2016 04:02 PM

:redx:

DisturbedFocus 02-16-2016 08:35 PM

this is my calling.

turbotwo1 02-17-2016 02:21 PM

What actually happened to the other mods? Seemed line they all disappeared over night.

eng 02-17-2016 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by turbotwo1 (Post 8369598)
What actually happened to the other mods? Seemed line they all disappeared over night.

They did, I removed all the ones that hadn't been online in a few months at the same time.

NasTHatch 02-17-2016 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by eng (Post 8369601)
They did, I removed all the ones that hadn't been online in a few months at the same time.

Eng is like the mob, he can make bodies disappear