Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Improvement suggestion: My post link

Old 04-17-2007, 06:22 AM
yard man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
professorman has disabled reputation
Default Improvement suggestion: My post link

It is tiersome that everytime I am checking the treads I posted in, I have to go to Search--> Advance search--> type in my user name.
Can we get a direct link to treads that I posted in?
Something similar to My Recent Treads, but that one only list the posts I started.

Has this been discussed before?
Old 04-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: Improvement suggestion: My post link

Check your public profile. In it, there are links that will give you a list of posts you have made, or threads you have created.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what it is you're asking for
Old 04-17-2007, 06:35 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

You can also click on your (or anyone else's for that matter) username and there is a link in the drop down menu to all the posts you've made.

I think the wording is different depending on if you're logged in and what usergroup you're in, but it should be something along the lines of "Find all posts by X" or "Find more posts by X"
Old 04-17-2007, 07:55 AM
yard man

I know it is there, but I am just saying, that it would be more convenient if there was a direct link at the top that links you to Treads I posted in. I use the My Recent Treads link alot. The first thing I do when I log on is:
1. Check my recent treads
2. Search for treads that I posted in that I didnt necessarily create
3. click the "new treads" link
4. Browse randomly.

I am sure lots of people would like to see responses to the treads that they posted in that they didnt necessarily create.
I know it is there, and I have the work around that I posted above, but I am just saying, it would be convenient if there was a direct link to it at the top similar to the My Recent Treads link. Or even if it is added to the "Quick Links" drop down menu. I do use the Subscribed treads alot as well. Thats a pretty cool feature too.

Not complaining, just suggesting.

Last edited by professorman; 04-17-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

Originally Posted by profroopchan
I know it is there, but I am just saying, that it would be more convenient if there was a direct link at the top that links you to Treads I posted in. I use the My Recent Treads link alot. The first thing I do when I log on is:
1. Check my recent treads
2. Search for treads that I posted in that I didnt necessarily create
3. click the "new treads" link
4. Browse randomly.

I am sure lots of people would like to see responses to the treads that they posted in that they didnt necessarily create.
I know it is there, and I have the work around that I posted above, but I am just saying, it would be convenient if there was a direct link to it at the top similar to the My Recent Treads link.

Not complaining, just suggesting.
The My Recent Threads link i believe he is refering to is like the one on Honda Tech where when u click it it shows in "newest post" order all the threads you have been active in for lets say 14 days.

When you use the features you guys named, it is quite hard to decifer thru it all do to the facts it shows indiviual posts instead of thread titles...... Not sure how i can really clear it up but i understand what i am saying lol.

Basically to get a rundown of all the threads you have been active in "in thread title listing" you have to go to search and enter your username.....

This guy was wondering if there was a way to simplify that with making a buttonr such at the User Cp, Contact Us, Member List.... etc that would do this search automatically
Old 04-17-2007, 08:14 AM
yard man

Originally Posted by TurboEH2
The My Recent Threads link i believe he is refering to is like the one on Honda Tech where when u click it it shows in "newest post" order all the threads you have been active in for lets say 14 days.

When you use the features you guys named, it is quite hard to decifer thru it all do to the facts it shows indiviual posts instead of thread titles...... Not sure how i can really clear it up but i understand what i am saying lol.

Basically to get a rundown of all the threads you have been active in "in thread title listing" you have to go to search and enter your username.....

This guy was wondering if there was a way to simplify that with making a buttonr such at the User Cp, Contact Us, Member List.... etc that would do this search automatically
Yep, but there is a My Recent Treads on VADriven as well (look below your user name at the top right corner. That button is useful, because it shows the recent treads that I (user) created.
Honda-tech's button shows all treads posted in by user. It would be more useful to have both buttons.
1. My Recent Treads (that I created)
2. My Recent Post in Treads (that I didn't necessarily create)
Old 04-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

all you have to do is subscribe to the tread... then click USER CP when you log in and all your recent subscriptions will be there. if not, click all subscriptions and that will get you the not so recent ones
Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
yard man

Yep. I know that all of these suggestions work. I am just saying, adding a link would make the forum more user friendly.