Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Helpful Tool

Old 04-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Grippin the Grain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic
Default Helpful Tool

I think that when in the classified section, there should be an added feature to the search function, as in a price range that you may wish to only see the results for. A simple dropdown box would suffice. Could be very helpful when browsing for cars and I'm sure it gives some kind of advantage when looking for parts as well. I mean, it kinda sucks when you got your eyes on something then realize it's outside of your budget. Anyway just a suggestion.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'
Default Re: Helpful Tool

Originally Posted by importfanatic
I think that when in the classified section, there should be an added feature to the search function, as in a price range that you may wish to only see the results for. A simple dropdown box would suffice. Could be very helpful when browsing for cars and I'm sure it gives some kind of advantage when looking for parts as well. I mean, it kinda sucks when you got your eyes on something then realize it's outside of your budget. Anyway just a suggestion.
it wouldn't work that well considering everyone lists a dumbshit price for their pieces of shit or asks for a trade for their crap piles.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:22 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

There's no easy way to do this as this is a forum with a classified shoehorned on so there is no price field to search for. In other words you can search things like thread or post: time, title, content, etc.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Grippin the Grain

importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic importfanatic

I was thinking more in the lines of like the "Craigslist stlye" ad format and searchability just with the ability to have additional posts from users ...which will make it look similar to the threads we have now just with added search features. But I mean, if you guys don't think it will ever work... screw it, ya know.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:00 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Well if you notice when you make a post on craigslist it asks for a price, i.e. there is a field that you can search on. The forums have no such field.

You could search for an exact price in someone's post, but not a range, which isn't terribly useful.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Grippin the Grain

Originally Posted by eng
Well if you notice when you make a post on craigslist it asks for a price, i.e. there is a field that you can search on. The forums have no such field.
...my point exactly. I think the forums need a field as such.