Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Feedback for subforums.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Hereeeeesss Beezyy!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris
Default Feedback for subforums.

Well, first off, I fucking love the prefix's. They are awesome and I love how I can search using them since VBulletin's search sucks balls sometimes. I love the subforums in the Classifieds section as well, they are great. I dont, however, like it in Off Topic. The forum doesnt have enough regular posters in my eyes that we need specific sub forums for it. Its annoying to have to check 4 sub-forums all the time.

That is all. Just my 2 cents. But all in all well done with the transfer.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: Feedback for subforums.

Originally Posted by word itz chris
Well, first off, I fucking love the prefix's. They are awesome and I love how I can search using them since VBulletin's search sucks balls sometimes. I love the subforums in the Classifieds section as well, they are great. I dont, however, like it in Off Topic. The forum doesnt have enough regular posters in my eyes that we need specific sub forums for it. Its annoying to have to check 4 sub-forums all the time.

That is all. Just my 2 cents. But all in all well done with the transfer.
It will be easy enough to move all the threads back into one forum if need the need arises. However, this change was meant more for people that want to post/lurk in off topic but might not want to see the specific sub-forum threads (not everyone cares about news/politics) or maybe you're only interested in a certain sub-forum, sports for example.

There will be a trial period while we see how things work out then we can re-evaluate the subforums again in the future.

Yes, vBulletin search is balls. Not only doesn't it find the results you're looking for sometimes, it kills the server. Unfortunately I think we'll have to wait until version 4.0 to have any hope of getting a new search ... the bastards.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Im with chris, sucks having to look through 4 different off topic forums to see new threads. Really annoying for drag trolls like me that sit on all day at work.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Use the New Posts link in the navbar