Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Crackdown of the "Road Kill" section

Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 AM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed
Default Crackdown of the "Road Kill" section

Admin and mods, I really think we need to see some major changes in the Roadkill section of Driven. I've been wondering about the direction it's taken for a long time. It's a section I go to to read about kills in the area not get flooded by an over-abundance of trash-talking and drama. Threads are turning into 6 page shitfests and I think it's counterproductive. I think the section would attract more readers if some of the bs was weeded out and people actually saw some repercussions for negative posts. One day banning, one week banning, whatever it takes to get the thread back on track. It makes VaDriven look bad when the rules are so blatantly overlooked. I think another thing that should change is the description of the Road Kill section- I think we should make it about the "fictional" conquests people are having and allow a few legit, albeit fictional, callouts. Now, if people don't act cordial to each other, post by guidelines or the callout doesn't result in the race- thread deleted. I know it may seem like a hard thing to moderate but it can work and it can attract more of the big fish to Driven, let alone the Road kill section. But seeing how bad everything is right now that may need to be a future thing.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: Crackdown of the "Road Kill" section

Umm no.
You make a retarded post, you get flamed. Its not the roadkill section, its the entire site. The ones to be banned should be the idiots starting a thread about how they raced their civic up to 140mph on a highway.

Also the callout idea is retarded. For this forum to be the medium for street racing could have very serious consequences if the idiots that met on here decided to race, and killed someone.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

I personally think the road kill section is pretty gay now and promotes street racing.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:14 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by shonanspeed
It makes VaDriven look bad when the rules are so blatantly overlooked. .
huh??

you lost me
Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed shonanspeed

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
Umm no.
You make a retarded post, you get flamed. Its not the roadkill section, its the entire site. The ones to be banned should be the idiots starting a thread about how they raced their civic up to 140mph on a highway.

Also the callout idea is retarded. For this forum to be the medium for street racing could have very serious consequences if the idiots that met on here decided to race, and killed someone.
I read a post today about a guys hood going up during a run that I thought was hilarious but apparently it must have been "retarded" because he got flamed. It don't care if people don't like the type of car someone else is driving- RK threads are not the place to spit about it. Inflammatory posts are everywhere, you're right about that, but with proper moderation and consequenses, we can clean it up a bit and make it more enjoyable for the rest of us...and maybe attract more people to the section and site. That's exactly why I'm questioning the direction of the section- I think it needs to be made about "fictional" stuff. You're calling for a complete deletion of the section, I assume. Banning the "idiots" who raced their civic up to whatever speed on the highway would be a little counterproductive.
You brought up a good point about the consequences of the forum being a medium for street races. That's why I believe that Callouts would need to go by guidelines. It may very well be a good idea to have them be limited to Track grudges. How do you feel about that? I think it would work better that way.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

Originally Posted by D.Nick
I personally think the road kill section is pretty gay now and promotes street racing.
Then join up and help reform it.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:21 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Inflammatory posts are everywhere, you're right about that, but with proper moderation and consequenses, we can clean it up a bit and make it more enjoyable for the rest of us..
I already thought it was enjoyable for all of us??

No one bashes the paticular make of a car, its the actions involved. The moron was racing on a public road and if he doesnt even know how to properly secure a hood, what makes you think he can drive a car at high speeds? Same goes for most of the stories on there.

. It may very well be a good idea to have them be limited to Track grudges. How do you feel about that? I think it would work better that way.
I actually think that's a really great idea and admin's should look into it.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:24 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Im pretty sure you posted this in the wrong section. If someone already posted this... my bad.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 AM
nothin2tucknstillTDB

Originally Posted by all4sr's
huh??

you lost me
It makes it look like anything can go- like the mods are powerless or aren't doing their job. I'm a member of a bunch of different forums- you probably are too so you know how you kinda compare how one site is doing to the others. Our roadkill section needs work. If you read the rules section the Admin's last post is "New change: threads now only have a shelf life of 3 days before getting removed because this section is gay as fuck and you people just ruin it anyways with your drama and sheer bullshit.Good going." This dude is stretched thin by people breaking the rules. I feel bad for him but I think that with a few minor changes to the rules we can make this a much more enjoyable section.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

i know what you meant....i was joking

Quick Reply: Crackdown of the "Road Kill" section