Notices
The Help Desk Consolidation of Rules, FAQ, Feedback, Discussion, News, and Suggestions.

Could we have a stickied torrent link only thread in off-topic?

Old 11-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Could we have a stickied torrent link only thread in off-topic?

Just curious, I figured this could be a good idea. I know sometimes it can be difficult to find some certain things on torrent search engines and what not for downloading CD's. Would it be possible for us to have a thread that was stickied that's strictly for posting up torrent links and just have people post up simply like this format below:

Title of what is to be downloaded(EX: "CD: Jay-Z - Kingdom Come album"
this would be the actual link to downloading the torrent

Just figured I'd post in here first to see if that would be acceptable before I actually went and made a post. Thanks.

Also, if anyone else has any feedback on whether or not they'd like this, go ahead and post in here about your comments/concern.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Re: Could we have a stickied torrent link only thread in off-topic?

i think it could put a liability on the site that Sung may not want.

can we say SuprNova.org....
Old 11-16-2006, 05:04 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

IMO, I don't think this should turn into a torrent site. That's why I go to demonoid.com
Old 11-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

I didn't think it would be a liability at all if it was to be a thread dedicated to links to other domains?

And it wouldn't be a torrent site if it was to all be in one single thread.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered member

bZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these parts

I think a stickied thread of torrent links would be a liability like Hybrid AWD said. Most forums have rules about linking directly to torrents and/or sites that host them. If you're looking for something in particular, make an off-topic thread requesting a PM with a link.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

No.

This invites an entire world of problems to the board, as well as a bad element to the board.

This board, as well as the people on it, are under enough public scrutiny as is. Remember, other torrent sites have been shut down, and they only provided links to things as well. There are enough people that want to see this site fail, doing something like blatantly offering links to illegal downloads is more than enough ammo for them to get this place closed.

Also something to think about: we get at least 20 people a day registering just for that eye candy thread about cats. Think about that. Because of the friendly nature of that thread, they just post and then go away. No harm, no foul, so I just let it slide.

Imagine what would happen if this site became a haven for illegal links, the kinds of people that would join and the attitudes they bring with them.